What You're Playing Now 2

Let's play a game!

Re: What You're Playing Now 2

Postby Beastbot » Sun Sep 08, 2019 1:49 am

After spending a few days playing through Sacred 3-- a rather straightforward, by-the-numbers hack-and-slash game-- on the PS3, now I've moved over to the PS4 temporarily and am playing Uncharted 4: A Thief's End. Stunning graphics, really good story, and the ending's a bit of a tear-jerker. Lots of great things brought to a close, and a good story arc/theme. That said, WOW there is a lot of cursing. I mean, it's a T-rated game so I expected some, but in some chapters of the story I swear it's like every other word to the point where it gets grating.
Last updated March 5th
Current Transformers Total: 4,549
Beastbot
Slimy yet Satisfying

Postby Matrix3 » Sat Sep 14, 2019 8:56 pm

I just finished the game Control by the same guys who made Max Payne. I thought it was cool it deals with an agency that contains supernatural objects. The game was inspired by the web based fiction called The SPC Foundation which I recommend you look into some of that stuff is freaky.
Matrix3
Lord of the Wanderers

Postby Transypoo » Wed Sep 25, 2019 5:15 pm

I'm playing... The Sims 4... and I looped back around to Mario Odyssey just to goof around in it.
Transypoo
It's fine. It's fine!

Postby Matrix3 » Sat Oct 12, 2019 2:06 pm

Being really into Destiny 2 which you can now play as it is free so if you are curios to try it out now is the time.
Matrix3
Lord of the Wanderers

Postby Beastbot » Wed Nov 06, 2019 3:59 am

I played Risen 3: Titan Lords for quite a while on the PS3, a game I got for free on Playstation Plus a couple years ago. It's a poor man's Oblivion-- open world w/ many islands and lots to explore, but very shallow combat, bad graphics, and a barebones (and at times nonsensical) story. Also iffy dialogue. Still fairly fun for me, though.

I also just played through Amplitude on the PS3 in a few days, another PS Plus free game I got a while back. It's like Guitar Hero but with a spaceship, and when you beat a segment correctly it disappears for a while, allowing you to work on some other part of the track of the song... if you do really good, you can clear all tracks and cruise for a little before getting back into the timed button pressing again. Really spectacular visuals, but I could only get through this game on Beginner. Even the next up, Intermediate, there are WAY too many button presses for me not to constantly get tripped up. I can't even imagine this game on the top of the 5 difficulty levels.
Last updated March 5th
Beastbot
Slimy yet Satisfying

Postby Beastbot » Mon Nov 25, 2019 1:11 am

I played through several short games on PC over the past few weeks:

-Dropsy, a short point-and-click adventure game about a demented clown who wants to hug everyone. (You have to solve their problems in order to let them hug you.) Has a REALLY weird ending.
-Cthulu Saves the World, a Dragon Quest-like old-school RPG with really basic dungeons, though funny dialogue
-Super Blue Boy Planet, a really short (free) basic platformer.
-Escape the Game: Intro, another really short & free platformer with fourth-wall-breaking done to the extreme and ends with supposedly a glitch that leads to the sequel (that you have to pay for).

Now I'm back on the PS3 and playing The Amazing Spider-Man 2. Like all the other recent Spider-Man games, you're zipping around New York fighting various bad guys with lots of side missions and collectibles to find. Not as good as Insomniac's Spider-Man, but still fun.
Last updated March 5th
Beastbot
Slimy yet Satisfying

Postby Matrix3 » Fri Nov 29, 2019 9:53 pm

Now playing Star Wars Jedi Fallen Order. It has been 9 years since a Star Wars story based game has come out without multiplayer. Any how this game like so many games out there now also borrows Dark Souls game mechanics. Regardless is still fun and hopefully shows EA that people are indeed interested in story based games and allow more to be made.
Matrix3
Lord of the Wanderers

Postby Beastbot » Mon Dec 23, 2019 10:36 pm

For a few days on the PS3 I played Badlands: Game of the Year Edition, a simple "press X to flap your wings" game where you have to avoid obstacles. The controls are simple, at least-- they keep throwing new mechanics at you to keep it interesting throughout the tons of levels they have. Some can get ridiculously hard, though-- thank goodness for the ability to skip to the next checkpoint if you fail so many times...

Now on the PS3 I'm playing GRID Autosport, a fairly realistic racing game that covers a multiple of different professional racing disciplines. The game is quite well-put together and the mechanics solid, but in being true to the sport it's VERY repetitive, with something like having to do 5-lap races on the same course twice in a row common. They needed more tracks on this one.
Last updated March 5th
Beastbot
Slimy yet Satisfying

Postby Transypoo » Mon Jan 13, 2020 2:55 pm

Working my way through Pokémon Sword. As always I tend to build a team fairly early and not really swap them out. It's the same basic story as Pokémon Moon, but with a controller that doesn't destroy my thumbs!

I also got Super Mario Maker 2, but I've spent less time in there because, well, I don't have Nintendo's online thing... so it feel a little pointless, but I'll get back to it.
Transypoo
It's fine. It's fine!

Postby Transypoo » Fri Feb 07, 2020 4:00 pm

Been playing Little Dragon's Café. Which is SUPER cute. The game play gets a little monotonous, but the main feature is exploration of the various biomes the small island has to offer.
Transypoo
It's fine. It's fine!

Postby Transypoo » Fri Feb 28, 2020 4:56 pm

Little Dragon's Cafe got real annoying towards the end. But the final story bit was fine.

Now I'm onto Lego City Undercover! Been waning to play this game for a while.
Transypoo
It's fine. It's fine!

Postby Transypoo » Mon Mar 23, 2020 6:35 pm

Okay, I 100%ed Lego City: Undercover. It wasn't until right at the end that I figured out you could make custom characters! Augh!
After I was done I had fun tearing around in the place in the fastest cars and causing traffic jams. Dunno why I find that so fun, but I do. Don't reallt have anything else lined up... but I'll figure out something. Might go back to Lego Dimensions now that I know how these games work.
Transypoo
It's fine. It's fine!

Postby Transypoo » Wed Sep 23, 2020 4:04 pm

I am currently playing Okami again, for the fourth... fifth? time. And also messing with the character creator in Soul Caliber V. Y'know the normal stuff.
Transypoo
It's fine. It's fine!

Postby Matrix3 » Sat Sep 26, 2020 10:33 pm

A classic game that I heard is good. As for myself I currently playing Marvel's Avenger on the Xbox. It is a 10-12 hr game unless you want to do the multiplayer thing which I do not really go for.
Matrix3
Lord of the Wanderers

Previous

Return to The Arcade