Where I've Been/Will Be

A place to discuss anything you wish, within reason of course.

Where I've Been/Will Be

Postby Beastbot » Tue Dec 28, 2010 1:11 am

Hey everyone,

You might have been wondering where I've been for a while. Well, nowhere special, but I had LASIK surgery done to my eyes in late August. And, lucky me, I was the one out of 3,000 who had a complication. My right eye is fine-- it's 20/12 now-- but my left eye healed incorrectly, to the point where it's barely 20/100 now, and unlike before my LASIK, I'm not near or far-sighted-- nothing's in focus in my left eye. It's still fluctuating, which is why they can't fine-tune the process until it stabilizes, or I'd have been fixed up already, but the big vision discrepancy between my eyes can get problematic, particularly when it comes to things that give a substantial amount of light-- like traditional computer screens (less so with large screens that emit less light, so I can still play video games a bit, thank goodness). Usually I can't do much more than visit some of the main TF news sites or work a little on my website without soon getting an eye-ache, so that's why I haven't been around lately.

So, hope to "see" you guys soon, but I don't know how long it will take for this to work itself out. Sorry I wasn't able to post sooner about this, I've been rather distracted with my job/holidays and stuff like that, this kinda of eye problem can really get in the way of stuff.
Last updated July 14th
Current Transformers Total: 4,192
Beastbot
Slimy yet Satisfying

Re: Where I've Been/Will Be

Postby Transypoo » Tue Dec 28, 2010 2:07 am

Dude, that totally sucks! Hopefully you'll get your eyes sorted out soon.
Transypoo
It's fine. It's fine!

Postby ShadeC4 » Tue Dec 28, 2010 6:30 am

What Mutate said. Best of luck & all that jazz.
ImageImage
ShadeC4
I live my life as I feel

Postby Skids » Tue Dec 28, 2010 11:27 pm

Man, bummer! That's no fun. Let me know if I can find any TFs for you.
Skids
You are my friend, aren't you?

Postby Beastbot » Thu Mar 31, 2011 2:56 am

I had the correction... correction... procedure a few weeks ago, and I'm healing on schedule. This particular procedure was less invasive and thus carried less risk, but it also takes a lot longer time to heal so my left eye is slowly getting better week by week, it's not nearly instant like with LASIK. But I'm getting there.
Last updated July 14th
Current Transformers Total: 4,192
Beastbot
Slimy yet Satisfying

Postby ShadeC4 » Thu Mar 31, 2011 3:23 am

Glad to know you're doing better. :smilekitty: & definitely glad to know that the fix hasn't made things worse.
ImageImage
ShadeC4
I live my life as I feel

Return to The Public Forum