[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4758: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4759: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4760: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
The Playhouse! • View topic - Looky what I got! The Next Generation

Looky what I got! The Next Generation

A place to discuss anything you wish, within reason of course.

Re: Looky what I got! The Next Generation

Postby Transypoo » Tue Aug 19, 2014 1:33 pm

Congratulations! You've earned a custom rank!
Transypoo
It's fine. It's fine!

Postby Beastbot » Tue Aug 19, 2014 11:50 pm

Huh, I figured you had just changed my personal title to that a short while ago and I hadn't paid attention.

So do I just make a request or is it somewhere in my User Control Panel that I'm not seeing? If it's the former, put in "Slimy yet Satisfying".
Last updated March 5th
Current Transformers Total: 4,549
Beastbot
Slimy yet Satisfying

Postby Transypoo » Wed Aug 20, 2014 2:25 am

I do it, and boy hadn't had to do that in a while, I forgot how, but I did it! There you go!
Transypoo
It's fine. It's fine!

Postby Skids » Sat Sep 20, 2014 10:01 pm

Chromedome is hitting mailboxes everywhere! And he's awesome! The change to yellow optics is much appreciated, Funpub. Really feels like the Lost Lighter now. I had to snap a photo with Gauntlet (Ironfist) of a scene I imagine occurring on Kimia.
http://skidplates.deviantart.com/art/Le ... -483656417
Skids
You are my friend, aren't you?

Postby Beastbot » Tue Sep 23, 2014 11:57 pm

Monthly TF collection update:

-TFCC Chromedome w/ Stylor
-Stomp 'n Chomp Grimlock (the whole interesting "Decepticons and Autobots can activate different weapons" thing is a lie, sadly. Any of the figures can activate either.)
-Wal-Mart exclusive legion Grimlock
-Wal-Mart exclusive scout Strafe/legion Bumblebee 2-pack (getting the Terrorsaur mold again after so long... man. Brings back memories-- he was one of the first BW toys I got back in '97 when I started collecting)
-Wal-Mart exclusive scout Grimlock/legion Optimus Prime 2-pack
-Wal-Mart exclusive deluxe Slug/legion Stinger 2-pack
-Wal-Mart exclusive legion Bumblebee/legion Stinger/deluxe Strafe 3-pack (skipped the single-carded mass-release Generations Strafe so I could get this set)
-Rescue Bots mini-dino Boulder
-Rescue Bots mini-dino Chase
-Nikko remote-control transformable AoE Optimus Prime
-Nikko remote-control transformable AoE Bumblebee
-Target exclusive Platinum Edition Silver Knight Optimus Prime (looks SO MUCH BETTER in person. Lots of silver paint and chrome-- only the back area of the truck mode is actual unpainted gray plastic)
-Custom Kreon Galvatron (Movie)
-Custom Kreon Bumblebee (Movie)
-Custom Kreon Hound (Movie)
-Custom Kreon Crosshairs
Last updated March 5th
Beastbot
Slimy yet Satisfying

Postby Skids » Sun Sep 28, 2014 9:06 am

Snagged preorders on Amazon for those eclectic Protectobots Hasbro is doing: Prime-style Groove (Cyberverse Arcee), Streetwise (Prowl), and First Aid (Ratchet), G1-style Hot Spot (Grapple-Inferno hybrid build), and Movie-style Blades (Blaze Master).

I love weird, random stuff like this. Obviously a TM grab before they attempt Combiner Wars Protectobots, but cool. And they should ship October 1!
Skids

Postby Beastbot » Sun Sep 28, 2014 9:19 am

Yeah, I actually just got those from Robot Kingdom. A heads up on First Aid, though-- they made the plastic for his knees and knives out of that super-malleable "gummy" plastic that they used for the Cyberverse weapons on the 2012 Prime toys, and the way they're packaged First Aid's knives end up being all bent at the end. Plus it's really weird having his KNEE joints made out of that stuff. Like, he's still solid enough to stand up by himself, but you can bend his lower legs this way and that since his knees are made of chewed bubble gum or something.
Last updated March 5th
Beastbot
Slimy yet Satisfying

Postby Beastbot » Fri Oct 31, 2014 3:38 pm

Earlier this month:
-Protectobots Evac Squad 2-pack
-Protectobots Emergency Response 3-pack
-Hero Masher Heatwave (the only one out of the line I'm planning on getting at this point, since y'know... mass-release Shattered Glass toy)
-AoE Power Attacker Snarl
-AoE Power Attacker Optimus Prime
-AoE Power Attacker Lockdown
-AoE Power Attacker Galvatron
-AoE Power Attacker Slug
-AoE Power Attacker Grimlock (with baton-twirling action!)
-AoE One-Step Changer Steeljaw
-AoE One-Step Changer Drift (Helicopter)
-AoE One-Step Changer Bumblebee (High Octane)
-AoE One-Step Changer Galvatron
-AoE One-Step Changer Slug
-TFCC Rewind & Eject
-AoE "Platinum Edition" Leader Optimus Prime & Grimlock (got it for 20% off from HTS before they implemented the "no coupons" restriction on their exclusives for it, huzzah!)
-AoE Constructbots "G2" Strafe w/ Stinger & Bumblebee (Asia Exclusive, I guess? It was originally solicited as a Wal-mart exclusive, but after that big batch of exclusives hit Wal-Mart's planograms in September and no sign of this set, I ordered it from Robotkingdom--anyways, all the plastic has large bits of glitter in it, it looks very nice)

Aaaaand, shipped a Pile of Loot which just came in two days ago:

-AoE Generations Drift (helicopter)
-AoE Slog (mass release version)
-AoE Takara "Lost Age" One-Step Changer Stinger (bought this before they started to be spotted at Wal-Marts in the U.S.-- given how long it had been since those couple of weird sightings at Target, I figured this was another aborted Wal-Mart exclusive at the time)
-AoE Takara "Lost Age" Wheeljack
-KRE-O Decepticon Replicator set
-Masterpiece Red Alert
-Masterpiece Wheeljack
-Generations Leader Jetfire
-Generations Sky-Byte
-Generations voyager Roadbuster
-Generations Acid Storm w/ Venin
-Generations Gears w/ Eclipse
-Generations Cliffjumper w/ Suppressor
-Generations Nemesis Prime w/ Spinister
-Generations Nightbeat
-Generations Jhiaxus
-Generations Windblade
-Generations Crosscut
-Warbotron Sly Strike (Swindle)
-Unique Toys' Troll (Blot)
-MMC's Talon (Divebomb)
-MMC's Tigris (Rampage)-- combined these last two with the rest of the MMC Predacons last night-- Feral Rex is AMAZING, except for the feet-- although he's stable, he wobbles a bit too much for my liking. Cannot get over how great his combined weapons are, EVERY accessory has its place!
-TFC's Warning Line (Groove)
-Fansproject's Sigma-L (Mindwipe)
-Mech Ideas' Gauntlet (Ironfist)
-Maketoys' Quantron (Computron)

So yep, VERY busy month TF-wise!
Last updated March 5th
Beastbot
Slimy yet Satisfying

Postby Skids » Sat Nov 29, 2014 11:08 pm

Autobots United is finally in stock at BBTS! Feels weird to be buying the main five bots from AoE months after the movie, but I think it'll be worth the wait for the improved decos. I've always said with each movie after the first one that I'd wait for the premium paint jobs, and finally did it.

The preorder for the black/chrome/clear Dinobots is also up (due in early December), so I put myself down for a set. Kinda cool to get most of the characters from a movie in one fell swoop (or strafe).
Skids

Postby Beastbot » Sat Nov 29, 2014 11:59 pm

Yeah, some part of me wishes that I had waited (as it is, since I have the original versions of those molds with highly similar paint jobs I'll be passing on the "United" set, though the "Unleashed" set is sooo bought), but I'm not quite THAT patient. Not to mention that for me, only Crosshairs and Hound would really be worth it in terms of paint apps.

As for what I myself have gotten in the past month, it's been a little quiet particularly compared to last month (which is certainly good for my wallet):
-AoE "Evolution of Bumblebee' 2-pack
-AoE "Evolution of Optimus Prime" 2-pack
-AoE Generations Snarl
-AoE Generations Hot Shot
-AoE One-Step Changer Strafe
-AoE One-Step Changer Megatron
-AoE One-Step Changer Rollbar
-AoE One-Step Changer Prowl
-AoE legion Grimlock (Dollar store exclusive)
-AoE legion Strafe (Dollar store exclusive)
-Rescue Bots Rescan Blades (jet)
Last updated March 5th
Beastbot
Slimy yet Satisfying

Postby Skids » Tue Dec 02, 2014 7:33 pm

Just saw a pic on Facebook of the box of a new Platinum set with Bumblebee, Drift, Galvatron, Lockdown and Stinger ("Heroes and Villains"). Maybe Galvatron will finally get that nice paint job the mold (which has pretty intricate sculpting) deserves.

In any case, if I get it, it'll again be pretty funny to get pretty much all the movie characters in just three 3-packs. :smile2: I was hoping they would put the Cons into a pack, too. Then, Bam!
Skids

Postby Beastbot » Wed Dec 03, 2014 1:24 am

Last updated March 5th
Beastbot
Slimy yet Satisfying

Postby Skids » Sat Dec 13, 2014 10:30 pm

Bah. Belated bah. Still, BAH!
Skids

Postby Skids » Tue Dec 16, 2014 1:47 pm

Just got an email from BBTS today that Dinobots Unleashed (the unintentional Dinozone/Dinozaurs homages) are in stock!

With that set, Cloud Rodimus and Shockwave, Autobots United (the other Movie 'bots) and some Star Wars Black Series figures, it might be time to ship that thar Pile of Loot...

(Also, MAN, it's been an expensive Since-Thanksgiving! Between preorders all seeming to suddenly be rolling in and my inability to resist any kind of a holiday sale or deal... :smile2:)

I mean, not Beastbot-Expensive, but STILL!
Skids

Postby Beastbot » Tue Dec 16, 2014 4:47 pm

I'm generally pretty immune to sales unless they were on stuff I was planning on getting soon anyway. Or unless it's something supremely crazy like 80% off or something like that.

If you ever find yourself caving into a sale, just remember: It may be less than the product was going for originally, but you're still spending extra money towards it that you would otherwise have for stuff you want more. That works for me nine times out of ten.
Last updated March 5th
Beastbot
Slimy yet Satisfying

PreviousNext

Return to The Public Forum