Hey, you bunch o' nuts! It's the ol' Doc!

A place to discuss anything you wish, within reason of course.

Hey, you bunch o' nuts! It's the ol' Doc!

Postby TFDoc » Thu Apr 15, 2010 9:36 am

Hey gang! It's been a long time. I have truely missed my time in The Playhouse, but my life has been so incredibly busy and complicated this last year that I have had no free time to spend with my poor lonely TFs, let alone get on the net. As well as playing music, I have learned to remodel, to tend bar, do books, deal with local authorities, do inventory, stocking, shopping, booking other bands and doing janitorial duties. But, things at Joe's Honky-Tonk are finally starting to smooth out and move forward with some it's own momentum, which means I can afford to have other people do some of those things, so I find myself with a few spare minutes.

So here's how I am doing:

My hand has mostly recovered from the incredible smashing that I inadvertantly gave it, so my guitar work is nearly back up to snuff and the band, which underwent changes, is really sounding good to me and is well liked by folks in the area.The near fortune in musical equipment that was stolen from me just before I left Vegas(nearly 100,000) has begun to be replaced, at least to the point of functionality. And after nearly a year of serious sufferage due to my heart being broke even worse than my hand, including the most consant crying breakdowns I've ever experienced, I have a new love in my life that is making me extremely happy. She wants and needs nothing from me except for my love and companionship, and she is constantly showing me how much she cares for me. And I must say that I have never just plain old enjoyed a womans company like I enjoy hers. I met her not long after I opened my place but moved very slowly to get where we are now. I was going through so much pain and frustration but she was very patient and waited for me to come around, which I finally did, and I am ever so thankful to the powers that be that I did.

Anywho, I still don't have the time to dedicate to TF play and talk that I used to, but I will be stopping by once in a while to see my much missed, long lost cyberpals.

So, how is the old core group(which I was proud to be considered a part of) doing nowadays? Any updates on your lives would interest me eversomuch.

PS: As you can see, I'm still as long-winded as ever, some things never change.

Your still surviving old cyberpal,

TFDoc
This..., is The Dociverse. The place where all things small are larger than life. It had it's spontaneous beginings in the depths of time with The Micromaster Race Car Patrol. It grew quickly, and continues to expand, even as you read this.

TFDoc
TFDoc
Warlord of the Keepers of Souls

Re: Hey, you bunch o' nuts! It's the ol' Doc!

Postby Skids » Thu Apr 15, 2010 11:36 am

Yay! Welcome back! Glad that things are starting to turn around for you.
As for me, I'm working full-time at Stottler Henke Associates, Inc. (http://www.stottlerhenke.com), the government-contracting AI software firm where most of the other adults in my family (My dad, my sister, my brother in law) work. I was hired shortly after graduating college on the basis of my very high academic marks (Graduating in the top 7th percentile of my college class, twice (07, 09), double BAs. Let me tell you, though, it is (and was) very stressful going into a high-pressure, high responsibility administrative job with my previous work experience consisting of heavy-duty physical work! Even moreso when it's your own family whose expectations you have to live up to! It seems they are very happy at the company with how I hit the ground running, taking on a lot of contract administrative and editorial duties, and taking the slack off of my superior, who has four kids at home. I've been there just over one year, and got a raise in Jan. This kind of detail-oriented work is made for chronic worriers! :laughing:

Still, the commute is murder; 4 hr. roundtrip commute, up at 5:30 AM every morning...

Man, this has been the year of the Legends-class figure, in terms of Transformers! Lots of 'em thanks to the movie. And now Power Core Combiners are bringing Mini-Cons back and merging the concept with weaponmasters.
Skids
You are my friend, aren't you?

Postby Transypoo » Thu Apr 15, 2010 1:32 pm

The Doc's back! Yay!

As for me I'm... ... ... ... ... exactly where I was! :sadest:

Oh, well, recently I updated the playhouse. I can't figure out how to change the colors via code yet, so I'm going to try to change out all the icons or something. And I am about to start work on Transypoo page 156!
:-_-: :;:
Transypoo
It's fine. It's fine!

Postby Transypoo » Thu Apr 15, 2010 9:50 pm

Oh yeah... I have an image named "TFDoccomeback" so here it is!

Transypoo
It's fine. It's fine!

Postby TFDoc » Fri Apr 16, 2010 8:37 am

Hey Skids! I'm glad things are working out in your working life, but that does sound like a hellacommute! Most of my life I only mostly worked around 4 hours. But that's over for me now.

And Transy! When I seen that image it about bowled me over! I only wore my green one for the pic of Boxboy :annoyed: , and had forgotten about it, but since we opened I have been wearing a black fedora almost every night on stage! A friend gave me a vintage fedora because I always wear a suit and tie when I play and she thought I would look good in a dress hat as well. I hadn't thought of my alter ego :annoyed: in that hat for over a year, I guess part of him must have followed me from Vegas. Talk about art immitaes life immitates art! Wow!
This..., is The Dociverse. The place where all things small are larger than life. It had it's spontaneous beginings in the depths of time with The Micromaster Race Car Patrol. It grew quickly, and continues to expand, even as you read this.

TFDoc
TFDoc
Warlord of the Keepers of Souls

Postby Transypoo » Fri Apr 16, 2010 11:10 am

Ha ha! Yup it does that! I don't know what I'd do with out my Fedora... have the sun in my eyes! :smile2:
Transypoo
It's fine. It's fine!

Postby ShadeC4 » Sun Apr 25, 2010 12:09 pm

I'm dramatic, doing the same I always was, but somehow learned more & still learning more. Oh, and I'm on a PS3 now... Feeling too lazy to move my modem over to finish updating my PC - again.
ImageImage
ShadeC4
I live my life as I feel

Return to The Public Forum