The NEW: New purchaes thread or "Looky what I got!"

A place to discuss anything you wish, within reason of course.

The NEW: New purchaes thread or "Looky what I got!"

Postby ShadeC4 » Sat Jul 26, 2008 8:06 pm

Ok, so, since I can't find it, here's a new one! :happy2: So let's get this shindig started! :smile:

Ok, so, to start: I was away since Monday cause my comp went in for repairs. Found out I needed a new hard-drive, so I got one. New 320 gig one with 16 mb cache... Fast and big. Oh yeah. :cool: </Kool-Aid Man style>

"New shirt, new tie- Real nice service for me when I die" - I HAZ NEW CLOTHES!!!! :happy4: 2 new pairs of pants, 1 new shirt, and a new pair of shoes. :smile:

And 1 TF: Ani Lockdown to round it all out well. ^.^

As a bonus: Something I forgot to mention before was the fact I bought 1/144 scale Gundam Astray Blue Frame and 1/144 Hi-Zack. Been combining them as to basically make a far more posable Hi-Zack.
^_______________^
ImageImage
ShadeC4
I live my life as I feel

Postby Skids » Sat Jul 26, 2008 9:45 pm

I had a rare stroke of luck with G.I. Joe in the stores: Found the VAMP and Trouble Bubble/RAM vehicle packs, adding to the Armadillo (One mean little tank; I want another!) that came in last week. Man, they really made these things quality back in the day...the detail and "One step away from a realistic vehicle" elements to 'em makes me realize how lacking the vehicles were when I got into Joe (The late 90s). Plus, these are actually either retooled versions of the originals, or entirely new sculpts, so they've got the goodness of the old vehicles, PLUS improvements like the opening hood and removable shovel on the VAMP.

Some of the figures who came with 'em, though...poor guys. For instance, Breaker, communications officer...with zero com gear. (It's fine, I have comic pack Breaker). The Televiper at least has the excuse that his gear is built into his helmet.
Skids
You are my friend, aren't you?

Postby Transypoo » Sun Jul 27, 2008 12:29 am

Well, I got Oilslick and Lockdown a few days ago, and I ordered Metalocolips, Scooby-Doo on Zombie Island, and The Amazing Screw on Head.

If you don't know what that last one is, then watch THIS!
Transypoo
It's fine. It's fine!

Postby Time Lord » Sun Jul 27, 2008 2:42 am

Since my mega-buy of a few weeks back (The results of which were in the photos of my shelf) I've got nothing to report. But I'll be going back to London in two weeks, so who knows? :smile:
Timey's YouTube page!

Timey's thought of the Day: Transypoo fixed my sig? And put words in my mouth? Scandalous!
Time Lord
Master of the Hunters

Postby Transypoo » Sun Jul 27, 2008 2:47 am

I believe the original topic was in "News." But since there're still no photos, and I don't think we all will take pictures of everything we buy I'm movin' this baby to Banter... tomorrow... I now can see things moving out of the corner of my eye that are not moving. "Invisible bug time" as we say when my cousin's dog starts blighting at nothing.
Transypoo
It's fine. It's fine!

Postby ShadeC4 » Sun Jul 27, 2008 11:13 am

Transypoo wrote:... and The Amazing Screw on Head.

If you don't know what that last one is, then watch THIS!

Ahh, yes... More Venture Bros.-esque stuff for the Acey'Poo. :3

Btw: Does anyone else join me in saying how Megatron Lockdown looks? (In head at least, that is.)
ImageImage
ShadeC4
I live my life as I feel

Postby Transypoo » Sun Jul 27, 2008 12:50 pm

Heck, I'd love to see Megatron as a muscle car! Plus he's got the gun on one arm... he's VERRY Megatron.
Transypoo
It's fine. It's fine!

Postby ShadeC4 » Mon Jul 28, 2008 1:40 am

Transypoo wrote:Heck, I'd love to see Megatron as a muscle car! Plus he's got the gun on one arm... he's VERRY Megatron.

Yus. :3 Also: I modified mine so his hands come out all the way and lock in place. Just had to drill a bit out.
ImageImage
ShadeC4
I live my life as I feel

Postby Skids » Mon Jul 28, 2008 11:31 pm

And I got the black H.I.S.S. Tank and Animated Soundwave (Forget all that text before, Animated rocks; been playing with these guys a lot the past few days! They really need to be played with more to appreciate their greatness.) on my date today. (Yes, these are the kinds of dates I can go on. Fear me!)
Skids

Postby ShadeC4 » Tue Jul 29, 2008 7:35 am

Gotta be nice having a girl that gets it, no? :3
ImageImage
ShadeC4
I live my life as I feel

Postby Transypoo » Wed Jul 30, 2008 8:34 pm

I just got (the other day) Voyager Prime, Soundwave and The Dark Knight sound track!
Transypoo
It's fine. It's fine!

Postby Skids » Sat Aug 02, 2008 1:07 am

Yes, Shade. And she has a bunch of her own Transformers, now, too. ^ ^ I just have to make sure I don't get spoiled with things being so easy. XD

Anyhoo, the seven 25th-style G.I. Joes I'd been wanting came via Amazon: General Hawk (Flight jacket), Barbeque, Bazooka, Roadblock (ver. 2, 1986-styled with neon green vest and new gun), Tiger Force Flint (Flint with GLOVES, it was just wrong for him not to have them...somehow as a kid, I always saw part of him and Lady Jaye being a couple as "They both wear gloves"...^ ^0), arctic Snake Eyes, and ver. 1 Snake Eyes (Black outfit; the black just MAKES SE).

Bazooka is a HUGE mofo. Like he could bench-press Destro. After 25 years, the football jersey finally makes some sense; he looks like a linebacker, not a skinny dude as in the original version. (Football player vs. football fan?) And he's better off that Big Lob or the Fridge, considering a rocket launcher beats, uh, a football on a chain.
Skids

Postby Time Lord » Sun Aug 03, 2008 12:16 pm

I've bagged me an Animated Cybertronian Mode Optimus Prime and an Animated Prowl today. :smile:
Timey's YouTube page!

Timey's thought of the Day: Transypoo fixed my sig? And put words in my mouth? Scandalous!
Time Lord
Master of the Hunters

Postby Transypoo » Sun Aug 03, 2008 7:44 pm

Both good.
Transypoo
It's fine. It's fine!

Postby ShadeC4 » Mon Aug 04, 2008 12:30 am

Awesomeness oozing from this thread. O.o
ImageImage
ShadeC4
I live my life as I feel

Next