Recommendations for music, radio & anythin audio-related

A place to discuss anything you wish, within reason of course.

Recommendations for music, radio & anythin audio-related

Postby ShadeC4 » Mon Jan 07, 2008 3:33 am

This one is simple... NO VIDEO. XP (Unless it's a music video. ^^ )

Here, you post music, radio shows and junk you want people to listen to. ^^ Or mention one for people to listen to~ ^.^ Can also discuss them, too! :happy3: Long as it's audio-only (or to do primarily with audio-only [like I said: Music videos. :3 ]), it goes here. ^^

SO! Since I made this thread, I shall start. ^.^

I got myself into MSTRKRFT. Oo At first, I thought it was pronounced "Mister Craft," but it's actually "Master Craft." XP

ANYways... What got me hooked is their video for "Work On You." I like the animation - especially for how simple it is, yet able to still portray such complexity - the story and fact the main male character reminds me of Megatron. x) I also like the design of the other bots in the vid. ^^ And, of course, the music. ^.^ The track is awesome, and the vid adds to it wonderfully. :3

The track gets me movin... And, actually, the track is longer than the video runs. The video is a bit under 4 minutes, while the actual track is over 6 minutes long. That makes the track even more appealing to me... It's long, but not too long (though I do also like ones 18 or even 30 minutes long when it comes to this kind of music).

The track tends to have a rather upbeat tone - which is contrary to my typical tastes of things more dark. I enjoy the upbeatness, fact it makes me wanna move... All in all, a great track. ^^ Though, due to certain aspects (such as the repetition and fact it's like so many other things out there), it loses points in my book(s)...

I'd rate "Work On You" as a song at 8/10, with the music video hitting a 9.5/10. But that's just me. xP

Go now, all! ;D Make this thread grow with your personal preferences, tastes and such in regards to audio... ^^
ImageImage
ShadeC4
I live my life as I feel

Postby Transypoo » Mon Jan 07, 2008 1:43 pm

Wow, you know that vid could actually work with Megatron's origins.... She dumps him after he spent all that time rebuilding her. Then, distraught, he wanders the streets until he finds work as a miner.

As for Audio... uhh... I like the sound high tension cables make as they whip around... :smile:

No, uhhmm, well I've been listening to the Transformers score... it's quite good...

OH! And the Spider Pig theme! That's awesome! (I'm not all that into music.)
Transypoo
It's fine. It's fine!

Postby ShadeC4 » Mon Jan 07, 2008 9:39 pm

Transypoo wrote:Wow, you know that vid could actually work with Megatron's origins.... She dumps him after he spent all that time rebuilding her. Then, distraught, he wanders the streets until he finds work as a miner.

I know. :3 It's kinda freakishly awesome that way. O.o
Transypoo wrote:As for Audio... uhh... I like the sound high tension cables make as they whip around... :smile:

xP
Transypoo wrote:No, uhhmm, well I've been listening to the Transformers score... it's quite good...

I still gotta get that, as well as the album...
Transypoo wrote:OH! And the Spider Pig theme! That's awesome! (I'm not all that into music.)

Omfg... x.x That is SO an awesome track!! X3 Spider Pig ftw! ;D Or even Harry Plopper. XP
ImageImage
ShadeC4
I live my life as I feel

Postby ShadeC4 » Fri Jan 11, 2008 9:52 am

The Metal Gear Solid 3 soundtrack... Wonderful album. Cause of this one feature in the game (Healing Radio), there are some rather light hearted tracks on it, and they only add to the overall appeal. The entire album is awesome in general... I may have to pick it up, instead of just having it downloaded. But that's only if I can find it for sale... Probably will not buy it online, as I anticipate a price greater than what I care to pay.

But, yeah. Great game (it loses, though, in regards to its difficulty and fact of how fast it actually goes by), and an awesome soundtrack. ^^ Loving on the soundtrack right nao, in fact~ <3 I love how they made so many of the tracks sound like stuff outta the 50s... (Which is the time the game takes place in.) A lot of that older music just owns like that, and to be able to mimic it so in nowaday's high quality is just... Ah yeah~ <3
ImageImage
ShadeC4
I live my life as I feel

Postby Matrix3 » Sat Jan 12, 2008 12:02 am

I own the sound tracks for MGS 1-3 as well as Halo 1-3, FF 7, Resident Evil CV, FFX and FF 9. Can't wait to hear the music for MGS 4 and get my hands on the sound track.
Matrix3
Lord of the Wanderers

Postby Transypoo » Sat Jan 12, 2008 12:34 am

Oh, oh! WarCraft 2 has an AWESOME soundtrack! :lookleft: :lookright: an' it came with the game....

I gotta get around to fixing those....
Transypoo
It's fine. It's fine!

Re: reply

Postby ShadeC4 » Sat Jan 12, 2008 4:49 am

Matrix3 wrote:I own the sound tracks for MGS 1-3 as well as Halo 1-3, FF 7, Resident Evil CV, FFX and FF 9. Can't wait to hear the music for MGS 4 and get my hands on the sound track.

Do you have the MGS2 second soundtrack? "The Other Side"? It's the only soundtrack of MGS I've ever bought... Other than that, I have them all. :3 Personally, I can't wait to play MGS4, over listen to it... And the rest you listed aren't worth mentioning imo. >>; Never much cared for the RE series, personally, never played FFIX, FFVII was never much my thing, either... Halo only appeals to me as Red versus Blue, otherwise forget it. xP And FFX's soundtrack can also be passed over far as I'm concerned...

If you'd put FFVIII in there, then that would have been awesome. :3
ImageImage
ShadeC4
I live my life as I feel

Postby ShadeC4 » Fri May 09, 2008 4:55 am

I now add this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=glttpDKiz60

Timey should know what it's from, seeing as how it's initially from the 'Cog. But, here's the jist for everyone else:

Over at TFCog, there's a member known as Sky Lynx. He does AMAZING stuff in regards to music. He once did a video to go with a track he did... But I had some nitpicks about it. Mostly because I have already experienced music video genius...

Enter Meverix: http://www.youtube.com/user/Meverix
The guy does absolutely amazing and stunning stuff... No taste for anime, though, so don't bother asking about that. ;x (Anything on his channel that has it is a rare exception.)

Anyways, so I pointed out Meverix in my nitpicks about Sky Lynx's video. I suggested that he contact Meverix for some advice on putting music videos together... He contacted Meverix, and Meverix came over to the 'Cog. There, he and Sky Lynx talked and discussed, and they agreed upon working on a project that Meverix has had planned for some time now.

The link at the top of this post is the fruition of this thus far... Frickin AMAZING. x____x Can't wait to see Meverix's video genius put together with Sky Lynx's audio brilliance...

OH! And, for those wondering: The Sky Lynx video that I nitpicked. ;x
ImageImage
ShadeC4
I live my life as I feel

Postby Time Lord » Fri May 09, 2008 5:40 am

Lynxie! :smile:

Yup, I've been pimpimg that boys' name now for some time. Nearly EVERY project that has crept up in recent history I've mentioned him by name but still no go. Someone even thought he was a sound editor!!! But I'm glad he's hooked up with Meverix. Hopefully more things will come for / from those guys. :smile:
Timey's YouTube page!

Timey's thought of the Day: Transypoo fixed my sig? And put words in my mouth? Scandalous!
Time Lord
Master of the Hunters

Postby ShadeC4 » Fri May 09, 2008 6:50 am

Well, it's like putting the uber with the awesome... To make sheer epic sweetness. There is nothing higher; Accept no substitute.
ImageImage
ShadeC4
I live my life as I feel

Postby Time Lord » Tue May 13, 2008 12:05 pm

Hey, Shadey! It looks like our constant badgering worked: Grimbot just offered Sky Lynx the music gig for his dubbing project! (I PM'ed Lynxie the moment Grimbot posted just to rouse his attention and VOILA! The guys started talking!) :smile:
Timey's YouTube page!

Timey's thought of the Day: Transypoo fixed my sig? And put words in my mouth? Scandalous!
Time Lord
Master of the Hunters

Postby ShadeC4 » Tue May 13, 2008 12:08 pm

*poke, poke... JAB* I always check out TFCog before I come here. :tongue:
ImageImage
ShadeC4
I live my life as I feel

Postby Time Lord » Tue May 13, 2008 12:10 pm

I know: I just replied to a couple of your posts. :smile:

Still, awesome news, dont'cha think?
Timey's YouTube page!

Time Lord
Master of the Hunters

Postby ShadeC4 » Tue May 13, 2008 12:15 pm

Yeah... *still kinda ticked at current events* I needa go and cool down. =.=
ImageImage
ShadeC4
I live my life as I feel

Postby ShadeC4 » Sat May 24, 2008 5:10 pm

Well, shameless self promotion time. :smile:

For a while now, I have had a "band," and have been doing music of my own. I/we exist on ACIDplanet, which is where I upload all of my tracks. I/we also exist on MySpace, but that only allows for a maximum of 6 uploads. =/

The reason I said "we" is because I do like to make up various people as members of the band. In reality, they are all just parts/various aspects of me...

In any event, while I do have 14 tracks by now (1 of which is not part of the same album as the others), I am doing this at current to more promote my latest track: "All Over Again" :smile: Mostly, I want Acey to give it a listen and read what he has to say about it... But, please, anyone feel free to listen to any of them, and say whatever you want. :3

NOTE: I make it all only to please myself, so say whatever you want to. I won't give a damn. :tongue: Actually, I'm more looking forward to people not liking it, then I am to any possibility of them liking it. :glanceright:;
ImageImage
ShadeC4
I live my life as I feel

Next

Return to The Public Forum