The Photo Topic

Show off your art and the art of others!

The Photo Topic

Postby Skids » Mon Dec 25, 2006 10:56 pm

Christmas 'bots: Wing Stun, Air Hunter and Wrecker Hook. Hard to tell from these pics, but the parts of Air Hunter that appear to be gray or black plastic are actually smokey translucent plastic, giving him a ghostly appearance. I think he and Wing Stun with his camo make an excellent surprise attack team.

Skids
You are my friend, aren't you?

Postby Transypoo » Tue Dec 26, 2006 1:45 pm

Are those from your beloved Robotmasters?
Transypoo
It's fine. It's fine!

Postby Skids » Tue Dec 26, 2006 11:48 pm

A-yup! Gotta love the newly sculpted Energon weapons.

I just got the last three figures I wanted from the line, on sale. ^_^ Two Cyberjets and a redeco of the ninja laser cycle.

I skipped the deluxe Primal and Megatron (The BW 10th Ultras are so, sooo much better...!), Robotmaster Convoy (Masterpiece kicks its bumper), the two random BW redecoes (Of Armordillo and Snarl the imposter tasmanian devil) and all of the various black redecoes. (But I'm not a racist...really!)

Really, I dismissed this line when we were getting Universe, but it's just as good in its own way; a lot of the toys like Victory Saber and Lio Convoy are actually superior renditions to the first toys to bear those names, partially because they're smaller and therefore easier to handle than the originals. (In Victory Saber's case, he's smaller than the character was depicted as being in the TF: Victory anime, but the RM is oh-so show-accurate.)

Here's a family photo:
Normally, they're spread throughout the collection; for instance, Lio Convoy is with the Beast Warriors, Sideways/Double Face is with Unicron, the G1 guys are with the G1 toys, etc.

I wouldn't have gotten Burning Beast Convoy, since I've never seen the BWII movie it featured in, but the idea that it was Primal powered-up with a Matrix interested me, and I was curious about the mold. It's not up to par with the Ultra, though; the Ultra wins for spring-loaded launchers, better face sculpts and crisper overall detail. And RM Megatron is a joke compared to BW Ultra Megs; sure, RM has a hand, but otherwise his colors and headsculpt are off and he's so small you'd think he was a baby rex.
Skids

Postby Skids » Wed Dec 27, 2006 2:06 pm

I think this must be where the G1 animators got the idea for Rumble's piledrivers...
Skids

Postby Transypoo » Thu Dec 28, 2006 12:21 am

So, I got a couple of those "Obitsu Body" dolls. One for me to make into Solaria:

Here's the doll. Oh, sure she's naked, but she a frikkin' DOLL! (sick-o)

Here's her beautiful hair. Unfortunetly I'm going to have to cut it, to about shoulder length.

Here's her face. I chose the europinized features, 'cause Solaria's white. I'm going to paint in the eyes, eyebrows and lips. Oh, and also that little scare on her cheek...

For the rest of the photo shoot I dressed her up in some Barbie clothes.

Solaria's not a person to be taken lightly:

Without the jacket and with her hair tied back.
Transypoo
It's fine. It's fine!

Postby Transypoo » Thu Dec 28, 2006 12:35 am

Very nice Skids, I guess I'll take some pics of my colection when I organizit, one of these days.

The other doll is for my cousin, I'm makeing it in to her character Damian, who is a girl.

The obligatory nude shot. Damian has the smallest chest they make at that company, Sol is one size up, and Skids' doll is the Blue haired bombshell.

This time, thankfully, the hair is going to remain in one peice.

Damian has the anime featured face, which as you can see is really creepie with out the eyes painted in:

I included a shot of the feet. The feet are tiny compaired to real people feet, but the atvantage to these feet is that they can wear Barbie shoes no problem. (Note: DONOT PUT THESE FEET INTO BOOTS! THEY ARE REALLY HARD TO GET OUT!)

Damian also gets some Barbie clothes as to not be naked whilest waiting for me to paint her face.

The posibility on these things is amazing!

I love this picture, She ened up really cute. The shadow across her face makes her look embarassed!
Transypoo
It's fine. It's fine!

Postby Beastbot » Thu Dec 28, 2006 12:52 am

HAHA MUTATE PLAYS WITH DOLLS.

Now with THAT out of the way, nice collection, Skids. I don't have enough shelf space to display all of mine, le sigh. Maybe when I get my own place I'll get enough shelves to display all of them in one glorious onslaught of plastic goodness....
Last updated October 4th
Current Transformers Total: 4,365
Beastbot
Slimy yet Satisfying

The Whore of Robot-Town

Postby Skids » Thu Dec 28, 2006 12:53 am

Skids

Postby Transypoo » Thu Dec 28, 2006 2:28 am

Beastbot wrote:HAHA MUTATE PLAYS WITH DOLLS.

Transypoo
It's fine. It's fine!

Postby Skids » Thu Dec 28, 2006 3:33 am

Indeed. You wouldn't like to make Ash angry, after all. You wouldn't like her when she's angry...

Skids

Just got home, and...

Postby Skids » Thu Dec 28, 2006 6:48 pm

New Glasses are GO...!!!
Skids

Postby Skids » Mon Jan 01, 2007 12:23 am

Happy 2007! And on that note, here's my favorite new toy from 2006: (And man, was it *close*...)

Awesome styling in both modes, unobtrusive (And very cool) Cyber-Key gimmick, good articulation, refreshing color scheme, detailed paint applications, missiles out the wazoo, Mini-Con ports and a friggin *KNIFE*. Plus, no annoying alt mode parts hanging off of him; everything is integrated knifely, er, I mean, *nicely* into the robot mode. Suckahs.
Skids

Postby Transypoo » Tue Jan 02, 2007 9:15 pm

I vote for Trans-Mutate as this... last years best toy... transformer...

"Hey look every one! It's my mom!!! HI MOM!!!!!
Transypoo
It's fine. It's fine!

Postby Skids » Wed Jan 03, 2007 2:03 pm

A worthy choice! Now we need a Titaniums Series Beast Wars Ravage, since the mold for the X-9 Ravage/Botcon Tigatron is reported to have either been lost or destroyed. (Heh, I bet the Hartmans smashed it, since they smash the molds for Botcon/OTFCC exclusives' heads once the toys have been sold, to preserve the exclusivity of the figures. Although it was probably more of a, hey, we'd better put this up on a shelf to keep it safe so they can make a U.S. release of Ravage, WHOOPS, DRUNKEN BENDER, SMASHHHH, uh....oops? Don'tcha gotta just hate those drunken benders, poppin' up without warnin'?)
Skids

Postby Skids » Wed Jan 03, 2007 6:16 pm

I can't take credit for this idea (Asquian of the Allspark came up with it), but I DID tweak it somewhat for stability and to look good from behind. It's a rock-solid combination, too!
Skids

Next

Return to The Gallery