Photo Topic Mark II

Show off your art and the art of others!

Postby Skids » Sun Jun 03, 2007 2:07 pm

Toys R Us, interestingly enough, didn't even have the deluxes, just the Fast Action Battlers. I still wanna get Jazz and Barricade, but I'm leaving 'Bee (Going for the 09 version 'cuz of the clear windshields and general superiority).

Plenty of deluxes at Target, though. Plenty of product all-told; the kids'll be able to get what they're looking for. I did grab the guys I wanted who seemed to be in lower quantity, though (Wreckage and the Omnicons), just to be safe. After Classics, you can't be too careful.

I doubt most kids even knew about the "street date". In any case, it's toys from a major motion picture targed at a general audience, so I feel as entitled to the toys this time as any kid. And hell, unlike kids, I work for my money; I have the right to spend it as I see fit.
Skids
You are my friend, aren't you?

Postby Skids » Sun Jun 03, 2007 2:47 pm

Y'know what? Wreckage is MY Movie Megatron. He's also my Vehicon Megatron, for that matter.

Skip the Real Gears?! Dude, they're flippin' awesome! You'd be a fool not to get these. I do tend to think that they mass-shift when they transform, though, just like G1 Soundewave and similar real-world-alt-mode characters.

Skids

Postby Transypoo » Sun Jun 03, 2007 10:58 pm

Wellp, Ironhide's already broken.

Here's how: I left a black truck on a black rug in an area that most people don't bother to look where they step. So, my mother tredded on him.

Funny thing is, I took his leg apart to see if it could be fixed. An I could fix him sorta, the transforms okay, the little bit of bumper's at a slightly odd angle. I'm gunna give him away an' get another one.

Here's the funny thing, when I was fixing the ol' timer's leg a tiny little part fell out. I have no Idea where it came from so when I put him back together, I left a peice out... heh heh...
Transypoo
It's fine. It's fine!

Postby Skids » Mon Jun 04, 2007 10:47 pm

Some new stuff came in today, so I think it's high time we looked at my much-changed collection once again!

Top shelf: Misc. G1-associated stuff.
Bottom shelf: G1 pre-movie characters (Still need Huffer, Brawn, Powerglide, Dinobots, Jetfire, Omega Supreme, Ironhide, Ratchet, Mirage, laser for Buzzsaw).

G1 1987-88 and Universe Autobots. (G1 stuff very much “work in progress”; Snapdragon, Triggerhappy and Slugslinger still need their accessories)

G1 1986 and Micromasters 1989.

Show Maximals (BWII, Neo, BW); still need the new Tele-figure Tripredacus.)

II/Neo/BW show Preds (I’m not bothering with the G2/G1 molds that were sold through BWII since I don’t feel they fit aesthetically with the rest of the line.) and Universe 'Cons. In case you're wondering, Hightower's a traitor, so that's why the RID version is in there, too. (Towline is also a traitor, but he has forcibly converted. Hightower is just one of those treasonous cranes like Mudflap.)

Beast Machines Maximals. (I still plan to get Longhorn).
Vehicons, plus the Gobots wolf

My somewhat small RID collection

Energon and Cybertron Autobots and Decepticons.
Decepticons are divided, from left to right, into: Military Division, Construction Division, Pirate Division. The sniper Movie Hardtop has just arrived to relief the more colorful Cybertron incarnation. The Autobots and Decepticons in my collection-verse have a treaty…well, technically. The reason there are so many Pirates is because they’re privateers secretly hired by Megatron to wage war on the Autobots; thus, technically, they’re not part of the main Decepticon military, so Megatron isn’t breaking the treaty…yet. If it comes out that he’s backing the pirates, well…

The Autobots are divided into, from left to right, the Emergency Division led by Omega Sentinel, the Heavy Assault Division (Sprung, Snarl, Downshift, Cybertron Defense trio), the Rapid Assault Division (Superion Maximus, Energon Hot Shot, Excellion, Blurr, Smokescreen, Wheeljack (I consider WJ and Downshift separate characters, since Superlink and Cybertron don’t really take place in the same universe. ^_^ Cheatsy, I know, but hey!), the Construction Division. Omega Supreme isn’t technically part of the Construction Division full-time; he just hangs with them when he isn’t out crusading with Prime and Wing Saber. Heh.

Energon and Cybertron leaders on the top shelf (Note the Fire Guts Grand Convoy powerlinked to Energon Rodimus), Armada and Scouts on the bottom shelf. It’s hard to tell, here, but the Scouts are divided into Omnicon, Rapid Assault, Heavy Assault and Pirate divisions, just like their big brothers.

Primal Prime’s non-show Maximals! I consider T-Wrecks to be a Beast Wars-era Grimlock, so he’s leading the Dinobots there.

Deathsaurus’s non-show Preds. The Rhinox and Cheetor are alternate-universe evil versions. ^_^ I sorta consider Transmetal Terrorsaur a Lazerbeak upgrade, too. And of course, the Transmetal Waspy redeco is Transmetal Buzzsaw. Heh. Oh, and Dark Scream is the Beast Wars era version of G1 Pretender Bomb Burst (The Bat monster/blue jet with turbines guy.) He’s changed his name, and he’s a different kind of flying rodent, now, but the colors, the look…it’s a perfect fit!

Autobot Alts, plus MP Convoy, Magnus, BT Alert and Classics Bumblebee and Cliffjumper

SDCC 06 Nemesis Prime and his Alt ‘Cons. They should get some serious muscle with the addition of MP Starscream and Skywarp. Still up in the air on Megs (What would I do with a giant gun? For that much money, I want something I’d play with in both modes.)

Classics, Titaniums and Real Gear

Spawn of Unicron
Victory Sabers, plus Brave Maximus.
Micros
More Micros
MORE Micros!

I also have five mainline Movie toys: Ratchet, Starscream, Protoform Starscream, Protoform Prime, and Wreckage, but they aren’t a big enough display yet to photog.
Skids

Postby Skids » Mon Jun 04, 2007 11:59 pm

"Bugger off! I'm working here!"
Skids

Previous

Return to The Gallery