Acey's custom dolls!

Show off your art and the art of others!

Re: Acey's custom dolls!

Postby Transypoo » Thu Aug 19, 2010 5:55 pm

Well, so far we've only gotten the ones with rooted hair, but I do want to experiment with rooting my self. I have a few dolls that normally have braids and things and shouldn't have bald spots in back. Yeah, I've been wanting to use that red hair for a while, unfortunately I don't have any characters with hair quite that red.
Transypoo
It's fine. It's fine!

Postby ShadeC4 » Thu Aug 19, 2010 6:45 pm

Hmm... I have this desire to commission it from you. O_o: Though, as to what else I'd want on it, I don't really know. lol & the pricing... & my laziness... :X3:

Feh, I dunno. No idea if you'd even accept a commission for that. Still waiting for some word on doing up a Bob shirt. :p
ImageImage
ShadeC4
I live my life as I feel

Postby Transypoo » Thu Aug 19, 2010 7:21 pm

Well, a doll with head is about $33. Then there's shipping, and shipping again... and painting. So... a lot really. But if you really want one I could see if anyones else wants one and save some on shipping. My cousin usually goes for it.

As for the Tshirt, if we go through something like MySoti it could be about... 20 somewhat dollars? I think this time round I'd just do lines... maybe with text. There's my ols "Hot Dog" idea, or just Bob.
Transypoo
It's fine. It's fine!

Postby ShadeC4 » Thu Aug 19, 2010 8:41 pm

I seem to remember I was after that specific scene where she hates the park. I'm looking for the page now & wow I'm having to dig way far back... It's making me realize just how long I've been here. What's my profile say? 2006? No, 2007. August 2007... So it's been 3 years. Just think about that. All that's happened on here alone in 3 years. & then think of everything that's happened in your offline life. O_o:

You started the comic back in February 2007... Or at least that's the earliest the current site goes back to.

Anyways... Found it. lol Last panel. As for the doll... Yaaa, I remember from when I was looking up the prices of them to get 1 myself. & I got to thinking that I don't know about quality & all so I'd end up having to ask you what's best to buy... Especially as I'd want to do things like cut hands off so I could make weapon arms &/or interchangeable ones with alternate hands. Probably have a robot hand for when a weapon is not attached... At least, when it comes to weapons & such, I'm good at those. (I can make my own from styrene, other parts I have lying around, etc.) But, when it comes to clothes, my sewing skills suck. No idea if you make your own clothes for them too or not so I'd possibly also have to find someone else who could make what I want. O_o:

So, yeah, it'd get rather expensive rather fast & I wouldn't feel right not paying for it BEFORE the parts were gathered. It's just the way I am. Especially as I know I can take advantage of people being lax with me. I think I've actually gotten upset at someone before who kept telling me they were gonna send something early... Either that or my mind made it up. I dunno, I just have this thought in my head about someone being kind with me & I get upset at them because I know that, if they're kind with me, I won't pay them. Ever... I could easily afford a t-shirt at the end of the month (when I have money again) but, for now, I'm entirely strapped for cash due to spending my money about a month in advance. The last things I bought were the 2 "Escape From" Kurt Russel movies. (Escape From NY & Escape From LA.) It's bugging me cause I wanna shop... :glanceright:

Er, anyways, yes. lol A shirt is easy to afford as it's a low price. A doll is something I'd *have* to save up for.
ImageImage
ShadeC4
I live my life as I feel

Postby Transypoo » Thu Aug 19, 2010 11:01 pm

Well, when you have the money we can talk about the shirt more...

As for the dolls, they have removable hands, feet, knees, shoulders, mid bicep, heck every joint. You can even remove the soft sheath to make the doll look more robotic, but less human. The all hard plastic ones are good for robots too.

Yeah, I was renaming all the files for the new Transtpoo comic site (which I'm kinda working on) and I realized just how much and how long I've been doing this... yet folks with daily comics much have thousands of files...
Transypoo
It's fine. It's fine!

Postby ShadeC4 » Fri Aug 20, 2010 1:08 am

I kinda like that it's weekly. It gives that nice break between. ::3: &, yes, when I have the money we can talk about it more. It's just that the last news on the shirt was that you were gonna look into it. lol

Anywho, that's great... About the reomveable parts, I mean. I'd actually end up doing something more cyborg-ish. That's 1 of my primary ideas... Obviously, though, since I haven't had any before my skills in them are nill. That's why I'd love to commission parts... Plus I don't think I'd have the interest in learning things like the hair. The painting & weaponizing all fit in skills I've already learned through kitbashing. The reason for custom clothes, though, is to allow for whatever kitbashing (I still call it that) I did to the figure. That & to hold the various things I'd make for it like handguns, assault rifles, etc... Oh, wow, I'm forming a specific idea in my head for 1 at long last. I've had ideas floating around before but nothing this solidified. I definitely have the outfit forming...

Thanks. :smile: This put a lot of my thoughts in order. Very big help. ::3:
ImageImage
ShadeC4
I live my life as I feel

Postby Transypoo » Mon Mar 07, 2011 6:17 pm

So... did some more dolls for Clover Elf. And I took HUUUGe pictures of them... yipes! So I'll post links.

All the characters are from Clamp series... so I have no idea who they are.

Here's a guy from "Legal Drug" I use the term 'guy' loosly here as aside from his eight foot wide shoulders he looks like a woman in the comic.

Tokyo Babylon As I was flipping through the reference I was given it took me quite a while to realize that the comic featured both of the boy/girl twins... again, the only way I recognized that the boy was not the girl was the shoulders... also why do the main three character have the same exact hair cut? Oh, also this doll is of the girl twin.

And her apparently nameless girlfriend...

Also, Skids gave me a S6 Joe like, twenty years ago, and I only just not got around to painting it. Behold, Snow Job!
Transypoo
It's fine. It's fine!

Postby Skids » Mon Mar 07, 2011 9:31 pm

Awesome, thanks! Funny how I had that "one head" rule but always broke it for Dukes.
Skids
You are my friend, aren't you?

Postby Transypoo » Thu Sep 08, 2011 12:17 am

YIpes, I'm gunna hafta remember to make the pictures smaller when taking dolls...

Anyways, this time it's mostly minor touch ups so, not that interesting, but probably worth seeing:

Winter
My cousin asked me to alter the shape of the eyes a little. Actually, disregard that I think I was the one who wanted to fix up her eyes, I was never quite happy with them.
Winter 2

Nina
Cut her hair. It's still a little bloomy, here, but it's settled down since.

Skel
Changed the color of Skel's eye band, and finally decided to bite the bullet and give her design some eyes. So, here, they're meant to look like they're behind the visor.

Phearal
Minor eye work, but he had a major overhaul a while back that didn't get photographed! So, here it is now!

Borghild
Also minor eye work.

My cousin bought the Captian Jack Sparrow doll Mattel put out, and since Capt. Sparrow is one of Lith's two major fictional crushes, this had to be done.
Transypoo
It's fine. It's fine!

Previous

Return to The Gallery