My characters n' stuff

Show off your art and the art of others!

My characters n' stuff

Postby NamiTheUntamed » Fri Dec 19, 2008 4:38 pm

So yeah, I'm not that great at drawing, but I wanted to post some things anyway for a werewolf story I'm working on :P

First thing...characters wheeee. I only drew sheets for the main ones, but they took a long time, especially the werewolf ones where I had to draw multiple forms for each :P I included profiles in their descriptions...

Nami
Tsuchi
Mizu
Kaze
Annai
Aikata
Touken
Shiga

next...my werewolves aren't just your run of the mill ones, I made their own rules/backstory etc for them and everything, which is why I wrote this:
The Werewolf Walkthrough! hurr hurr hurr.

Also it just wouldn't be right if I didn't throw some gay in here somewhere. 8D

So, I fully welcome constructive criticism on anything here xD thank you if you looked~
NamiTheUntamed
The Hunter

Postby ShadeC4 » Fri Dec 19, 2008 5:41 pm

YUS!! Yaoi ftw. o-o;

@ the walkthrough: Bahh... Short... Attention span........ Fail to read... x.x

Serreh, I used to read lots... But I lost my attention span for it long ago. :smile::;: It'd have to interest me enough, and, since I'm a mecha-sexual... *cough* :glanceright::;:

Anyways, outside of all that, I read all the bios and details of charas. Really liked what I read. :3 And, while I would agree that your drawing skills aren't mainstream good, I do admit you have your own flare going on. Only issue I see is poses. Only very few of the drawings seemed to be "flat." However, most of them are far from that. You're better at drawing than you give yourself credit for.

Great stuff all around, just not in my personal vein of tastes. :laughing: :smile:

On a side note, me being me, I started thinking of what my own fan chara would be like even in just a basic setting of your tale... Wouldn't work. :P Though she may have a human appearance at times, that's merely a pretender shell. She's actually an approximate 18 meter (59 feet) tall sentient robotic lifeform with capability to transform into a fighter jet. :laughing::;:

So, umm... I could pick you up literally...? :smile::;:
ImageImage
ShadeC4
I live my life as I feel

Postby NamiTheUntamed » Fri Dec 19, 2008 6:48 pm

Hur, thanks

Someone should really read my walkthrough thingy though XD
NamiTheUntamed
The Hunter

Postby ShadeC4 » Fri Dec 19, 2008 8:27 pm

But... My attention span... Too short...

Ffs, my compassion and being weak. x.x Tend to lead to me obeying... :glanceright::;: Well, to those I like a lot, that is. O_o:

Addition: Ok, is now read. I actually really liked it, too. :smile: Way I am is I tend to need someone I like enough to push me into doing something, due to my own codependency.

Anyways... :glanceleft: I have only 1 nitpick:

NamiTheUntamed wrote:Because of the effect the moonlight has on a werewolf, werewolves are more likely to be wondering

wandering* :laughing: :glanceright:

Errm... Serreh. o-o I actually have nothing wrong with any of it. :laughing::;: Checking spelling is something I tend to do, though... :smile::;: Not like I'm a teacher or nothing, I just tend to do it. (Note how I'm nitpicky about my own spelling. :smile::;: )

So, yeah. Awesome stuff all around. :3 Thanks for giving me the push I needed. :smile:

(And don't ask me why I like you so much, please... I'm, like, drawn to certain people or something. I.e. all my friends... o_o; )
ImageImage
ShadeC4
I live my life as I feel

Postby NamiTheUntamed » Fri Dec 19, 2008 8:57 pm

thanks again :D

yeah I should fix that I often mess that up :P
NamiTheUntamed
The Hunter

Postby ShadeC4 » Fri Dec 19, 2008 9:46 pm

Yeah. Pretty common mistake. :3 Many words like that, really... O_o:
ImageImage
ShadeC4
I live my life as I feel

Postby NamiTheUntamed » Sat Dec 20, 2008 4:28 pm

Shade wrote:Yeah. Pretty common mistake. :3 Many words like that, really... O_o:

Yeah I try to avoid it heh.
NamiTheUntamed
The Hunter

Postby NamiTheUntamed » Wed Dec 24, 2008 3:10 am

So sorry for the double post, but I just wanted you guys to know that this is the best drawing I ever did ever.
NamiTheUntamed
The Hunter

Postby ShadeC4 » Wed Dec 24, 2008 6:24 am

TFDoc has been known to triple and even quadruple post often. P: I don't think anyone's gonna freak over a double post. :laughing: Hell, I had a whole thread before that was over 50 pages of only posts by me. :laughing::;: It's since been deleted, so I lost the post count from those posts... But that never mattered. P: And I still have the highest post count on the whole forum. :glanceright::;:

Yeahh... Post count doesn't typically matter to me, but I've become a whore for it here. :laughing::;:
ImageImage
ShadeC4
I live my life as I feel

Postby Time Lord » Wed Dec 24, 2008 11:00 am

Those are quite nice drawings you've done there. Kinda reminds me of Wolf's Rain (I really should watch that Anime one day). Keep up the good work! :smile:
Last edited by Time Lord on Wed Dec 24, 2008 11:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
Timey's YouTube page!

Timey's thought of the Day: Transypoo fixed my sig? And put words in my mouth? Scandalous!
Time Lord
Master of the Hunters

Postby TFDoc » Wed Dec 24, 2008 11:04 am

The depths of my ignorance knows no bounds, so excuse it again, but, is it generally considered a breech of on-line etiquit to post more than once?

How did I miss that?

:confused3:
Last edited by TFDoc on Wed Dec 24, 2008 4:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
This..., is The Dociverse. The place where all things small are larger than life. It had it's spontaneous beginings in the depths of time with The Micromaster Race Car Patrol. It grew quickly, and continues to expand, even as you read this.

TFDoc
TFDoc
Warlord of the Keepers of Souls

Postby Transypoo » Wed Dec 24, 2008 11:52 am

Ed-EE-ket? Wut dat?
Transypoo
It's fine. It's fine!

Postby NamiTheUntamed » Wed Dec 24, 2008 2:58 pm

Time Lord wrote:Those are quite nice drawings you've done there. Kinda reminds me of Wolf's Rain (I really should watch that Anime one day). Keep up the good work! :smile:

Thanks XD Wolf's Rain is actually my favorite anime and some of my inspiration comes from that. It's really the only anime I've watched that really seems to portray wolves the way they really are which is why I make an attempt at mimicking the art style very slightly.
NamiTheUntamed
The Hunter

Postby TFDoc » Wed Dec 24, 2008 4:47 pm

Transypoo wrote:Ed-EE-ket? Wut dat?

I were hungerin', so I et a cat!
This..., is The Dociverse. The place where all things small are larger than life. It had it's spontaneous beginings in the depths of time with The Micromaster Race Car Patrol. It grew quickly, and continues to expand, even as you read this.

TFDoc
TFDoc
Warlord of the Keepers of Souls

Postby ShadeC4 » Wed Dec 24, 2008 8:33 pm

TFDoc wrote:The depths of my ignorance knows no bounds, so excuse it again, but, is it generally considered a breech of on-line etiquit to post more than once?

How did I miss that?

:confused3:

No. It's considered bad form - and even a breech of rules on some forums - to post more than once in a row. The Allspark is 1 said forum, though they have a system where you can do that and it just automatically adds them into your initial post so long as it is within a certain time frame.

People will generally tell you just to edit your initial post to add more, or there's the way I do it, copy and paste all I want to into a new post (if I am quoting things), and then edit/rearrange and type what I am going to from there. Or, if it has been long enough or such, I will just go to edit my last post, cut out what I had posted, delete that last post and include it in a new one with the other info I was planning on typing.

Of course, here, there is no such "rule." But, on other forums... You can receive a warning for doing it, followed by an eventual ban if you are a repeat offender. It annoys several people that much... :glanceright::;:

Here, more info: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Internet_forum#Double_posting
ImageImage
ShadeC4
I live my life as I feel

Next

Return to The Gallery