Variable Motion Figure Motoko Kusanagi

Show off your art and the art of others!

Postby ShadeC4 » Tue Oct 14, 2008 6:32 am

I don't know. I just want it explained, please. ;x:
ImageImage
ShadeC4
I live my life as I feel

Postby Time Lord » Tue Oct 14, 2008 10:02 am

At the beggining, I just thought she was a man in a previous life (There was a conversation between her and Batou in one episode that gave that impression) and still had fragments of that old life buried in her persona. But then we had that episode from 2nd Gig where she was crippled as a little girl in the hospital before getting her prospetic body so that went out the window. Guess she just likes both genders (I can go with that).
Timey's YouTube page!

Timey's thought of the Day: Transypoo fixed my sig? And put words in my mouth? Scandalous!
Time Lord
Master of the Hunters

Postby Transypoo » Tue Oct 14, 2008 10:22 am

Out side of the full on orgy (which I wouldn't have posted even if I found it. (not that you should either.)) all I could find was this entry into Wikipedia and an image... I think that's the same boat... but no one has images of the girls from the show.... but the thing to take away from all of this is that it appears that the Major is Bi.

In the original manga, Kusanagi's portrayal differs from that of the movie. She has a much more slapstick, vivacious, and sexy personality. She participates in a lesbian sex splash panel and has a boyfriend. The in-universe explanation for the lesbian sex panel seems to be that cyborgs of the same gender are especially compatible. This splash panel is apparently a "side business" for Motoko, as stated by Masamune in the back of the manga collection.
Apparently, "e-sex" (as depicted in the splash panel) is a lucrative but illegal act. This is because it ties together the users' nervous systems to allow shared simultaneous sensations; such intimate connections have the potential for serious complications, as illustrated by the accidental arrival of Batou.
Motoko's body is one of the most advanced models on the market, possessing 16²/cm² skin tactile elements, meaning she has a greatly heightened sense of touch. These nerves render her e-sex acts especially pleasurable; therefore, she makes a good profit from these activities.
Heterosexual e-sex is especially illegal, because such acts entail immense pain, caused by the fact that nerves stimulated by one user are stimulated simultaneously and blindly in another user. Homosexual e-sex is safe because the participants has the same body parts being stimulated (in Motoko's three-way panel, the fondling of a breast). When Batou accidentally crashes Motoko's panel while trying to contact her, he experiences intense pain since he is receiving stimulation for organs and bodily parts which he does not possess.
Whatever the technical rationale for all this, Shirow said in his poster-book, Intron Depot 1, that "I drew an all-girl orgy because I didn't want to draw some guy's butt."
This panel was cut from the original American release of the manga, as it would have entailed giving the book an "adults only" rating. Ultimately, Shirow decided it wasn't important to the plot. In the second edition, released on November 17, 2004, the scene is completely unedited.
Another, less important, fact about her sexuality is that she has a boyfriend during a latter story in the manga. He works for Section One, and they have been dating for seven months. Batou considers this "a new record."
In Ghost in the Shell S.A.C. 2nd GIG Episode 17 "DI Mother and Child - RED DATA," having taken a teenage male to a hotel after rescuing him from several yakuza, Motoko exits from a shower wearing nothing except panties and a towel draped around her neck which covers her chest. After conversing with the boy, both share the same bed for the night, with Motoko removing her towel before getting into bed. The boy asks Motoko if cyborgs can still have sex, to which Motoko responds by turning to face the boy, her chest still covered by a blanket, and asks, "You care to find out?" After this line, the scene unfolds with slight differences, depending on which version of the show one is viewing. In the American version, the boy replies, "Another time." Motoko then chuckles to herself, and still facing the boy puts her cheek on her fisted hand, and then the screen fades to black. In the original Japanese version, the boy simply responds, "Nah." Motoko says nothing, and while still facing the boy, does the same actions with an almost dejected, but amused look on her face as the screen fades to black. The scene is sexually suggestive throughout, and while it can be argued that Motoko is using her sexuality to gain the boy's trust, there was nothing to have been gained by allowing herself to be endeared to a boy who was, at the time, attempting to form a drug gang to rival the yakuza from which he had been rescued.
In episode 5 of Ghost in the Shell S.A.C. Motoko is offered a cocktail by a rather provocatively dressed girlfriend while checking some information related to the Laughing Man case. Another girl, walks in and several slides later the two friends sleep next to Motoko on a giant bed, while Kusanagi keeps checking the case.

And this image: Image
Transypoo
It's fine. It's fine!

Postby Time Lord » Tue Oct 14, 2008 11:16 am

I completely forgot about that episode (I last watched 2nd Gig about a year and a half ago). But that certainly answered some stuff.
Timey's YouTube page!

Timey's thought of the Day: Transypoo fixed my sig? And put words in my mouth? Scandalous!
Time Lord
Master of the Hunters

Postby ShadeC4 » Wed Oct 15, 2008 2:42 am

Fascinating... O_o:
ImageImage
ShadeC4
I live my life as I feel

Postby Skids » Thu Oct 16, 2008 10:30 am

I loved the episode of S.A.C. where she subtly turns Batou down when he asks her out. The whole "Want to see a movie sometime" thing. ^ ^

Now, Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha, there's a show where they're quite upfront about the two main female characters (Nanoha and Fate) being girlfriends. Again, not mentioned explicitly (Well, uh, the A's ending theme/sequence is a rather lovey-dovey one referring to "my love" and featuring them), but by StrikerS, at which point they're adults, not only do they sleep in the same bed at night, but end up becoming the two "mamas" to a child Fate and Nanoha more or less adopt, creating a nice little parent/child group.

And I mean, yeah, we followed them from childhood through to their 20's,during which they had enough "Oh, kiss already!" moments. The male characters end up being inconsequential romantically, with Fate pretty much filling the role the "male romantic lead" would have taken in another series. At one point someone asks Yuno, the main supporting male character, if he's made any progress with Nanoha. I think he just looked embarrassed if I recall correctly.

Of course, the funny thing about Fate initially playing the "male" role to Nanoha's lead character is that Fate is, as it turns out, immensely more sensitive a person than Nanoha, who's unbelievably blunt and lacks some social cues, particularly with being understanding and overly stern with their child. (I mean, yeah, her strategy is "Oh my God...she's going to blast straight through?!")
Skids
You are my friend, aren't you?

Postby ShadeC4 » Thu Oct 16, 2008 5:16 pm

It'd be awesome if there were a Playhouse gathering offline... Not something long, just basically meet, hang out and then part ways.

*cough* Anyhow... Diebuster? O_o: *just realized what Nate's sig is finally* x.x;
ImageImage
ShadeC4
I live my life as I feel

Postby Transypoo » Thu Oct 16, 2008 5:23 pm

Yeah, I've been thinking about that for a while myself. Back in the day when botcon a affordable I thought we could do it there.
Transypoo
It's fine. It's fine!

Postby ShadeC4 » Fri Oct 17, 2008 1:51 am

That would have worked so well... But now that's, like... You have to give your whole life just to go there. O_o:;
ImageImage
ShadeC4
I live my life as I feel

Postby Time Lord » Fri Oct 17, 2008 5:56 am

The guy from the UK and the guy from France might have a bit of a problem getting there (Oh well...). :sadder:

Anyways, Anyone else interested in that GitS 2.0 Remaster that's coming out?
Timey's YouTube page!

Time Lord
Master of the Hunters

Postby Transypoo » Fri Oct 17, 2008 11:21 am

France? Who's from France??? :glanceleft: :glanceright: Are there secret member I'm not deleting?
Transypoo
It's fine. It's fine!

Postby ShadeC4 » Fri Oct 17, 2008 5:44 pm

Note: Acey is from France, but he lives in California where Nate lives. They can actually poke each other offline. =/
ImageImage
ShadeC4
I live my life as I feel

Postby Transypoo » Fri Oct 17, 2008 6:56 pm

My FAMILY is from France, I was born in California!
Transypoo
It's fine. It's fine!

Postby Skids » Fri Oct 17, 2008 10:12 pm

Yes, he has been under my careful observation and control for the past 11 years...fascinating specimen...
Skids
You are my friend, aren't you?

Postby ShadeC4 » Fri Oct 17, 2008 10:20 pm

So... He's 11 years old? O_o: (Sorry, had to. XD;; )
ImageImage
ShadeC4
I live my life as I feel

PreviousNext

Return to The Gallery