Photo Topic Mark IV

Show off your art and the art of others!

Postby Skids » Sat Mar 07, 2009 12:06 am

Meanwhile, the other Autobots and Decepticons realize that Decepticharge and Windcharger have actually been female this whole time! :smile:

Yeah, it is the chin that makes Arcee's face more masculine. It kinda works in an IDW Transformers way, since the male-looking Transformers were originally the default design, until Jhiaxus (A mad scientist) altered Arcee, another manbot (or rather, genderless robot with a design that we'd consider masculine, eg. Prime or Megatron) at a molecular level in an attempt to arbitrarily introduce gender into the Cybertronian species. Because she was now somehow different than the other Transformers, a sort of gender split had been introduced, with the default Transformers now being considered "male" by dint of her existence as a "female"...though Furman seems pretty clear that we're not supposed to read "male" and "female" here in the same sense as with humans. Jhiaxus just messed with a random guy and turned him into something new, which automatically diverged something that had originally been uniform. Understandably, she was not happy with having had her identity tampered with, and now feeling different (Though, what those differences were wasn't really touched on; just that she experienced "conflicting" inputs now.)

Offf course, the idea that she was angry over being a girl for some reason enraged people...like Furman was saying, "Being female is bad!". Uh, no...she was captured and had her sex switched against her will, while being strapped/held down to the lab table. THAT is why she's mad, and ends up becoming a vicious and psychotic hunter who can even give Ultra Magnus a run for his money.

I think Furman just did the best he could to explain it without going 'Hey, over there, those girls we never heard of before this episode, but they've been there all along!'.* That works okay for the whole "Lines of consumer products" origins, but if they somehow evolved, natural sexual divergence in purely mechanical robots would be a little tougher to explain. I guess you could also say, "Primus made them, he made them, man and woman, side by side, he made them" but I don't think he wants to do either Primus or necessarily the cartoon origin this time.

Anyway, this toy works with the idea that Arcee was originally more "masculine"...or rather, gender-neutral.

*The episode of the cartoon with the female Autobots was weird. Notice that only red Autobots have "girlfriends". I guess Powerglide was two-timing Astoria with Moonracer...or the other way around.

Plus, there are apparently a few red Autobots Prime doesn't like, because he didn't take them along to meet the girls. Cliffjumper, Windcharger, Blaster, Warpath...

You'd at least think Warpath would be popular with the ladies.
Skids
You are my friend, aren't you?

Postby Transypoo » Sat Mar 07, 2009 1:04 am

There, you have it folks! The gay Transformer!
Transypoo
It's fine. It's fine!

Postby ShadeC4 » Sat Mar 07, 2009 2:44 am

So... A gay robot... :glanceright:
ImageImage
ShadeC4
I live my life as I feel

Postby Transypoo » Sat Mar 07, 2009 11:14 pm

Yes.
Transypoo
It's fine. It's fine!

Postby ShadeC4 » Sat Mar 07, 2009 11:35 pm

ImageImage
ShadeC4
I live my life as I feel

Postby Skids » Mon Apr 20, 2009 2:56 pm

The latest Figma to join my collection is the sadistic/masochistic badass Ryomou Shimei, who specializes in attacking joints and in grappling. Finally, Kanu Unchou has a...playmate? Girls...? GIRLS?! HEY BREAK IT UP!

[Image

Skids

Postby Transypoo » Mon Apr 20, 2009 7:15 pm

You know, pulling on a beam or staff with handcuffs attached to your wrist would be... painful... I DO like that everyone is ignoring them.
Transypoo
It's fine. It's fine!

Postby ShadeC4 » Mon Apr 20, 2009 11:18 pm

You needa put the nurse in shots versus Revy from Black Lagoon. ;x:
ImageImage
ShadeC4
I live my life as I feel

Postby Skids » Tue Apr 21, 2009 8:35 am

Transypoo wrote:You know, pulling on a beam or staff with handcuffs attached to your wrist would be... painful... I DO like that everyone is ignoring them.

Exactly! She's an S&M-oriented fighter in the comics/anime (More in the comics, where they can get away with more). I even used the "grimacing in pain" face.
Skids

Postby Skids » Sat Apr 25, 2009 11:03 pm

Snapshots from around the Figma clubhouse...

Skids

Postby ShadeC4 » Sun Apr 26, 2009 12:17 am

Your Figmas abuse each other. O_o:

:laughing: :3
ImageImage
ShadeC4
I live my life as I feel

Previous

Return to The Gallery