Places I've Been [Shade's Interdimensional Travel Tales]

Come, take a seat and tell us your stories!

Places I've Been [Shade's Interdimensional Travel Tales]

Postby ShadeC4 » Tue Sep 14, 2010 8:58 am

I have a number of other fan characters too. I wanted to put their details down but wanted it to tie into Shade central somehow. Finally realized the obvious: Have it be her interdimensional travel tales! lol I don't have the time to start this right now so I'll do it later.
Last edited by ShadeC4 on Tue Mar 22, 2011 12:21 am, edited 2 times in total.
ImageImage
ShadeC4
I live my life as I feel

[Shade's Interdimensional Travel Tales]

Postby ShadeC4 » Tue Sep 14, 2010 6:02 pm

Prologue

The Crossroad... Or so the residents of that universe called it. This place was interesting. They became aware that they weren't the only universe in existence. Early on in this discovery they found many universes which they seemed to incorporate parts of. Thus they called themselves "The Crossroad Universe." Of course this isn't actually true which they discovered as the decades went by but they never dropped the name.

You might be asking what I was doing here. Well, before you assume, I'm going to tell you up front: There's no version of me here. We all need a vacation sometimes. I just happen to go to some pretty dangerous places for mine. It's not like I can't make it on time for things. Time has no relevance on me so I can pop in & out whenever I want to. It does make me giggle though the way they think time is linear... If it is then it isn't linear the way they think it is.

Introductions

I've actually visited this universe on numerous occasions. My earliest - in their time line - were at the beginning of their Cybertronian war. I first encountered "The Riders" as they were called. They were a group of 'bots using an experimental tech called "Bursttech" & those charged with watching over them. The first of these was argued by all as "Canon." Whatever his name was before no one could remember... So they just called him "the first." This tech was actually Unicronian in origin but no one realized it. My existing outside of time & space of course allows me to look in on such things.

You see Canon was part of an organic species enslaved by Unicron. They were forced to do his bidding or lose their home planet - to which they were literally physically tied to. Not in terms of there were any physical "tethers" or what have you but in terms of they could literally feel any harm that came to their planet. The more damage the planet took the more they died. So you can see how easy it was for Unicron to enslave them. Eventually, though, they got the "bright idea" to revolt. However what they didn't realize is that part of the missions Unicron sent them on helped him to produce the technology to turn this species into mechanized beings... The fact of their physical ties to their planet intrigued him & so he researched how to make it so that they were physically tied to him. This way he would have an eternal army to protect him.

As soon as Unicron had them all converted he devoured their planet. Canon was 1 of the first he had sent out after the devouring to scour the universe for more feeding sources for Unicron. As an organic he was the 1 who lead the revolt against Unicron, which Unicron had managed to turn into fierce loyalty. Canon ended up on Cybertron & quickly learned that Cybertronians knew of even more planets & were always finding more. Thus he joined with the Decepticons, biding his time until Unicron would eventually arrive...

The Decepticons had managed to scan Canon & learn of the tech within his form. They began replicating it which the Autobots quickly seized before the Decepticons could use it. The Autobots managed to remove the part which physically tied beings to something else physical (which Megatron of course wanted to use to make fully loyal Decepticons) & turned some of their own warriors into very devastating - yet very unstable - combatants. Beta Magnus was the first of these Autobots. There was no Ultra Magnus in this reality... B.Magnus was there instead. This Autobot could handle that & everything else. Though I don't think many others would consider "making a crater in space" to be "handling it." He actually has no past... No history. Don't tell the others but B.Magnus was actually created specifically for Bursttech. It's a secret, you see. they went to Vector Sigma for a new warrior which "was a blank slate." Someone they could "work & rework." That's why Magnus here is such a Beta: He's complete fresh fluids but no one knows it except for a select few.

B.Magnus runs the small crew of other Bursttech Autobots called "The Riders." NBT was Bumblebee... Early on in the war Bumblebee was seriously damaged & stuck on life support for a long, long time. The battle he was in was a massacre... This was before Earth, back when everyone was still on Cybertron. Remember that time when Wheeljack & Bumblebee went after those energy conductors? Yeah. That battle. In this universe the seekers actually caught them though. They left Wheeljack maimed to tell the other Autobots what had happened there. They had blasted Wheeljack's legs off & were going to leave Bumblebee as the messenger but Wheeljack had managed to drop over an edge & crawl/drag himself into a small hiding space. Having no legs helped reduce his size... So they used Bumblebee as "the tablet to write the message on." He was actually supposed to be dead... But, somehow, he managed to hold on. They say it was his determination to not die. To end the war... To get revenge. But part of that is because of the danger he became as NBT. "It's his vengeance incarnate" as others have said. While afraid of NBT, other Autobots do cheer for him inside when he tears a Decepticon apart.

Bursttech made the Autobots see how they could bring Bumblebee back. Though he would be forever changed... Much like in another universe where Ginrai was turned into Victory Leo, Bumblebee was turned into NBT - which simply means "New 'Bot." It was just supposed to be a project title since he was supposed to name himself. He liked that as his name, however, but "had to give it some style" as NBT would say.

Wolf is very much a wild animal. Though he somehow managed to get the "loyalty" part of the Bursttech... But not as a physical connection. He is entirely loyal to the Autobot cause just his methods are on the extreme side... But it's very easy to make him stop: A higher ranking Autobot just has to tell him to do so. He's also the only 1 to manage to have his own faction symbol. They've tried to get him to wear the Autobot one but he won't get it changed. "They know where my loyalties lie" as Wolf puts it. As to who he was before the Bursttech change can't really be said... He was made from actually many 'bots who were guaranteed to die. They were rushed to the medbay & out again to the Bursttech lab. Bursttech was somehow able to put all of their dying sparks into a single, fully functional spark. So Wolf exhibits various personality traits, can suddenly switch from simple grunting responses to full on philosophical conversations, & so on & so forth. But he's actually not unstable in his moods... Those are pretty solid. Just don't try & take any of his stuff. You're likely to lose the arm that touched it.

Dragoth has been assigned to actually look over the whole group though Accxel is also supposed to be helping with that. Accxel is actually very suicidal ever since "the love of his life" was killed in battle... The only times he brightens up are when the murderer of his love shows up. Considering how effective the Bursttech 'bots are Accxel doesn't need to do much. Dragoth is an assassin who hangs out in the shadows. He watches over all the others, ensures they don't get overwhelmed. He's managed to earn the respect of the Bursttech group while Accxel... They openly wish he would thrust himself into battle so he'd be killed already. He's just dead weight to them. Usually he's told to guard their ship (the "D-3") - which he doesn't argue with since he's mostly in his quarters anyway.

As for the other Decepticons... Anju(lien) is 1 of those "honorable Decepticons." He was actually placed on this team in an attempt to get rid of him. However he & Canon actually get along very well. So they tend to watch out for 1 another on the battlefield. It's sickening to the other Decepticons... But they tolerate it since it pulls results. They've actually managed to increase their rank amongst the Decepticons as a result of their successes. This has had Megatron glad that he "made that mistake." Anju & Canon are the ones who aren't out to take over as lead of the Decepticons. They just want to see the Decepticon ideals achieved. While Canon has openly admitted to Megatron he's not very loyal to him he's also stated that he's not interested in the position of leader. "I'm a grunt. I'm to follow orders. That's all." Anju is actually fiercely loyal to Megatron, however. He's the 1 who'll sacrifice his life for Megatron. This has literally happened too. Megatron had him repaired because "It's always good to have a shield around." Though Anju incorrectly thinks this means that Megatron actually likes him. He thinks that Megatron pairing him up with Canon was so that he could better serve Megatron, not because he'd become useless/a nuisance.

Grinn is a Decepticon which managed to have the opportunity to make his ambitions to rule the Decepticons known... But was swiftly taken down much like Razorclaw was in another reality. However Grinn managed to survive somehow. Barely clinging to life Megatron had him fixed but to leave the damaged half of his body in a state of disrepair - thus why his left side has the red coloration. When Grinn came back online he was infuriated... But didn't even have the time to express it as he was immediately shackled & put on the same vessel that the Bursttech group was taking. They were actually supposed to transport him to his doom but, instead, they freed him. It can be justified that they needed the extra help in battle... But the reality is that Bio Zac did it.

You might be asking why Bio Zac did this... Well he's not all there mentally - or so he likes to play it. In actuality Bio Zac is really crafty. He likes to mess up Megatron's plans, do his part to make things work out for him. But they never do of course. His constant list of failures are what landed him on "the suicide ship." But, of course, this has only worked to his advantage. Since he likes to mess Megatron's plans up he's helped this small group succeed more times than not - which has other Decepticons thinking he was only holding back all those other times, finally learned his lesson or is just crazy enough to somehow make this gig work.

Bio Zac is also the Decepticon who killed Accxel's love. Bio Zac actually once had such a love... But she was an Autobot. Bio Zac was never that big on the whole Decepticon thing but it's not like he could just leave either. Her name was Arcee... Why am I saying "was"? Well that's actually from 1 of my personal earlier encounters in this reality. Later on in their time line but something like... My 3rd time visiting? Yeah, around there.

Anyways, Bio Zac had to break it off with Arcee because their secret meetings were becoming known. Many Autobots had no issue with it since those who met Bio Zac off the battlefield knew he was an actually decent guy. So they also know it tore them apart to stop seeing each other. In order to prove he wasn't an Autobot defector Megatron demanded that Bio Zac kill Accxel's love in cold fluid. He had no choice... The Autobots around him were too beat down to fight back. He couldn't revolt. This of course tore Arcee & Bio Zac even further apart... & sent Accxel into his depressed/vengeful rage ways. The scar on his face was actually inflicted by Bio Zac. He keeps it as a reminder. As a promise...

Last on the Decepticon list is Dat. There's not much to say about him. Average, high ranking Decepticon warrior added to the group in order to keep watch over them all. He's the tie to Megatron. He usually stays off the battlefield & barks orders. The other Decepticons don't knock him for it. They know how crazy it gets out there. They know he can't handle it. He only comes in when it's absolutely necessary. & he's very good at delivering quick, devastating attacks.

Their First Encounter

So, yes. My first encounter (as per their time line) in this universe was actually during a battle between the 2 Bursttech groups. They were fiercely fighting it out... Canon had his digits wrapped around NBT's neck & was slowly crushing it in order to rip his head off. Bio Zac was helping Anju off the battlefield while Dragoth was taking aim to snipe them... Accxel was actually hobbling toward Dragoth since he wanted to take the shot while Grinn & Wolf fought it out like wild beasts. Did I forget to mention that Grinn has a real nasty temper? His damaged side hasn't helped that to subside any either.

I suddenly become visible right in the midst of this mess. I wasn't corporeal yet so it was a little funny when B.Magnus freaked & decided to try & shoot me. He was actually very weakened... He only got that shot off thanks to how many guns he's covered in.

I quickly stopped laughing when I saw what was going on. I began moving down to tell Canon to stop doing that. He listened... Only to try it on me. Now this I couldn't help but laugh at. I became solid just as he reached me & he did grab my neck. Tore through me like I was nothing... Head popped off, rolled, body dropped down to the ground like it was crumpling... Then it all disappeared as I reappeared behind him, laughing. This confused him of course. It enraged Grinn though who decided to take his try. Again my body was destroyed... This actually irritated me a bit so when I came back I scolded him for it. Told them "You can't destroy that which doesn't exist." This just confused them all. I think that, if they hadn't just seen me die twice, they wouldn't have been so confused. Just thought me mentally off. But always coming back no matter what's done has that effect on people.

Dat wasn't impressed & came out to take care of me himself - until he noticed that I bear both faction insignias. He was confused about my loyalties. I just reminded him that I don't exist. He didn't fully understand it I think but he at least got the idea. By now, though, the battlefield was too confusing to have a fight on. Especially as, if I wanted to, I could take all of their shots & prevent any fighting from occurring. So each faction picked up their teammates & began to depart. I followed the Autobots since I already knew that they weren't the ones out to control the universe here. I traveled with them & gained many stories from them... Mostly about battles which were exciting at times but just so average to me. No, what interested me were the times they'd spent socializing. The ways they joked with each other & got along so well. Of course this wasn't always so but they quickly earned each other's friendship.

Dragoth was the most silent of course but would chuckle at times - especially when others told some of the funny things that had happened to him. I really enjoyed learning about this actually very talkative & friendly lot. (Though, of course, Accxel wasn't there.) Despite their violent tendencies they were all very friendly. Sometimes I'd forget that I was in their past & would start talking about things that happen to them later but would quickly remind myself that hadn't happened to them yet. Of course this got them all curious as to just who & what I was & I very simply explained to them that I exist outside of time & space. I'd actually already met them all. They didn't think about it too much since they couldn't fully understand but Wolf got it during his high intelligence moments. Though even then he could out-talk me.

I actually enjoy being lost & confused... It's part of why I enjoy this universe. Wolf in those moments really throws me for a loop. There was this 1 time when they all actually had some time off & we all went to a nightclub on this planet that had turned itself into half this giant party zone & half the part where you recover from "the night before." We were all dancing & partying & having a blast when Wolf suddenly grabbed me by the hand. I turned & looked at him & he just said "Talk." I went with him off to outside of the club where various beings were just enjoying the cool air outside of the heat filled inside. (A large group of people all moving like that will do that.) There he explained to me his theory of how multiple universes exist. I actually can't remember it for the life of me but it was so cool to just listen to. It totally made the rest of the night a major joy as Wolf & I danced together practically till the club closed.

Later on, during this time the Decepticon Bursttech team attacked in space, I spent some time chatting with Accxel. You see, when I first met him later on in their time line, he was actually more upbeat. It was at this moment, though, that I realized this is when I helped him out of that (so he told me in their future). Of course my words were a mess like usual. I actually ended up hurting him at times more than helping... Which saddened me. It ended with me just leaving before I made him feel any worse. About a month later, though, it had all sunk into his head. He wasn't the Accxel I remembered but he was closer to it. He rushed into the battlefield, guns ablazing... He beat Grinn down so hard. Then, out of nowhere, he pounces on Bio Zac & they both fall down this long ventilation shaft. Now I already know what's going on since I already met him later on. So I was actually smiling to myself... You see, down at the bottom of that shaft, Accxel & Bio Zac weren't fighting. I'd told Accxel that "Maybe Bio Zac had no choice in what he did." This was him confronting Bio Zac about that... This was them finally resolving the rivalry & Accxel letting go of the rivalry. This was where Bio Zac would finally start to see hope in leaving the Decepticons once & for all...
ImageImage
ShadeC4
I live my life as I feel

Return to The Town Campfire