[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4758: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4759: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4760: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
The Playhouse! • View topic - Unlisted Syndicate

Unlisted Syndicate

Come, take a seat and tell us your stories!

Unlisted Syndicate

Postby ShadeC4 » Sun Jul 18, 2010 12:24 am

Last edited by ShadeC4 on Sun Jul 25, 2010 1:13 am, edited 8 times in total.
ImageImage
ShadeC4
I live my life as I feel

Re: Unlisted Syndicate

Postby ShadeC4 » Sun Jul 18, 2010 12:33 am

Last edited by ShadeC4 on Sun Jul 25, 2010 1:13 am, edited 4 times in total.
ImageImage
ShadeC4
I live my life as I feel

Postby ShadeC4 » Sun Jul 25, 2010 1:16 am

Ssooo... No one's gonna help me with this? I'm actually totally open to more suggestions than just the details I'm unsure of on. All I did was put down what came to me in that dream. A lot of these details I don't mind having changed... Especially on the name of the 1 remaining unlisted syndicate. Cause it was my dream of course it made me that character... But, when I woke up, I was all "Don't name that character after yourself" but then I couldn't think of a good name for her when I was typing it up. Still haven't thought of something...

& ya, while there was a more actual story going on in my dream, I didn't type that down. Was more interested in the world building... Figure a story can be written later after I got so many details worked out. But I need help doing that... Both getting more details & even on writing a story. My writing talent's suffered a lot since I haven't kept it up over the years. Of late I'm only really good at coming up with concepts such as this...
ImageImage
ShadeC4
I live my life as I feel

Postby Transypoo » Sun Jul 25, 2010 12:01 pm

It's creepier if The Company doesn't have an obvious country of origin. They would just seem to exist.

Also, I'm guessing by the fact that they have commercials and things, that there are civilians? If so, it might be even creepy if it turned out all this was like a huge game of Risk. OR I guess The Company could have cities around their central offices.

Aquarian Team? Hydro Squad? The Water Tribe! :happy3:

Seems to me the Unlisted guys are made to be wild cards just to keep things interesting. And that the Green Team might be, still, under some sort of control of The Company... also, it would be good for story if there was a Company mole in their ranks.

Those are my immediate thoughts on the matter.
Transypoo
It's fine. It's fine!

Postby ShadeC4 » Sun Jul 25, 2010 4:05 pm

I actually really like those... The Risk thing is what this appears to be anyways. lol My dream said nothing about it but it totally looks like the entire war is just a company generated thing. People who spread propaganda & such using the tech of nowadays planting the seeds & all for a future, endless war which would allow them to prosper... So now this world is in a basic "planned chaos."

& yeah the Green Faction seems like something they'd actually plan in order to give the people hope... thus the war keeps going. I mean, the Green Faction knows the truth about the war, but how much do they really know? They know that the company orchestrated the entire thing but do they know just how much the company controls? I doubt they know the company's full plans... I've thought that since I had the dream, actually. It just didn't feel right that the Green Faction would suddenly have all the information... Just more than everyone else.

It makes sense the Green Faction would have a mole from the company, actually... It also makes sense that the company would still have a means of monitoring through all syndicates. It's not like the unlisted units ever bothered to think that they're hooked up to a larger system. All they know is that they have the freedom of full thought. As such their minds tell them that they have full control over themselves but do they really...? & it's not like anyone has any idea how the company made syndicates work. The homebrew ones are a simpler design in comparison.

I've wondered for a while now if the company is actually comprised of actual people... I don't wanna go the AI route since that's been done so much. I also don't wanna go to aliens as I wanna keep this on Earth. It's not so far ahead that we've spread into space & this war ensures that we stay on Earth. But I also don't think that the company is run by "full humans" any more... Like it's still the original members but they've found a way/ways to preserve themselves.

I figure, in regards to time frame, that this is about a hundred years in the future. It's taken decades for this to be set up, the war lasted for decades before syndicates started showing & then it took some more decades for the company to get them to the mark 7 point - & I figure they're on the verge of a mark 8, too.

As for civilians... I figure the company has a safe, heavily policed city that actually isn't corrupt. Like no doubt the citizens have "underground" things but the police themselves aren't corrupt. They're company employees thus no doubt conditioned to not go on power trips, have so many desires, etc... The center of the city is also most likely regarded as the company's "main base." It probably actually isn't but it's surrounded by civilians. As such no one can break into it without risking civilian casualties. There are no doubt some crazies out there who have tried things but the factions are full of people not about to go on killing sprees unless it's of other factions.

The basic TV system I figure is like the one in "V for Vendetta." It has pre-approved shows loaded with propaganda to support the company & promote the city to whoever's still living outside it. I figure civilians out of the safe zone(s) live in areas that have low war-related activities. If war starts flaring up there, though, the people pack up & move. Well, usually... Got to be some people who fight to stay where they are.
ImageImage
ShadeC4
I live my life as I feel

Return to The Town Campfire