Transformer ideas

Come, take a seat and tell us your stories!

Transformer ideas

Postby Skids » Fri Sep 11, 2009 8:44 am

Someone asked how we explain the presence of two Onslaughts and two Silverbolts in the Classics line (i.e. the ones from the Energon Combiner molds and the new-mold Ultras.). It's easy to say "new guy," but I take these things as challenges from Hasbro to come up with ways to make things "fit".

Onslaught is the sort of individual who's at much as home in the command center as he is on the battlefield, perhaps more-so on the sidelines. Hence, I tend to think of the Onslaught who combines with the other Combaticons as a proxy body, remote-controlled by the real Onslaught (The Ultra), who's somewhere nearby but safely removed from the conflict. This allows him to split his concentration between overseeing the scope and development of the entire battlefield from the nerve center, and dictating orders to his troops in the field, satisfying his need to have control at both the macro and micro levels of management.

Plus, the proxy body allows Bruticus to effectively function under the command of Onslaught's full intellect, as a part of him connects, but a bigger part remains removed from the merging of minds that dumbs down the overall super warrior even when they all combine.

Theoretically, if the proxy were to be blown away, there could be some negative feedback on the Ultra's mind, but there are buffers to protect from such an event. Needless to say, the other Combaticons are not pleased to know that their lives are in greater danger than their commander's, though he rationalizes it to them that they are MORE effective with his splitting himself between the command center and field. In protecting himself better, he's keeping them all alive longer.

If need be, the real Onslaught could enter the conflict.

I see Silvebolt as occupying a similar role (And not being there himself helps reduce his fear of flight), but more because his tactical skills are valuable enough to not be "wasted" on being sunk into the potentially violent and irrational Superion. Superion seems easier to control if Silverbolt's own mind is partly removed from the combiner merge, and thus allowed to retain some rationality. Unlike Onslaught, though, Silverbolt feels a certain guilt in sending his men into combat while he remains in a command center. I mean, Slingshot's already dead. (Never liked Slingshot. :evil2: )
Skids
You are my friend, aren't you?

Postby ShadeC4 » Fri Sep 11, 2009 9:02 am

Ha ha... That's awesome.
ImageImage
ShadeC4
I live my life as I feel

Postby Skids » Fri Sep 11, 2009 11:23 am

Thanks; Hasbro coming up with random stuff just gives me story fuel. I also like to think of the non-Movie line Transformers being inserted into the movie line as opportunities for stories.

Like, maybe they came to that universe from a more "G1" universe eons ago, and exist as a separate smaller group within Cybertronian society from the Transformers spawned by the Allspark. They'd be living alongside them, but be mistreated or disrespected. A lot of them have Cyber Keys or Energon Chips, which could be necessary to process the Energon of that universe.

Also, I like to think of the Allspark Transformers as reproducing through budding (From Generation 2, asexual mitotic reproduction), whereas these guys from the "G1" type universe would insist on continuing to build new members of their population, and would view the Allspark-Spawn/budders as corrupt.

I would figure the Movie TF budding process would have some detrimental effects on them, making them more savage and barbaric than regular TFs, in addition to perpetuating the monstrous look.

I mean, just compare Movie Prime to G1 Prime...or Sideswipe, in a recent Movie comic, he chops a car containing passengers in half because it's between him and Demolishor, and says he doesn't care about them any more than Demolishor does. (Even though Demolishor is his nemesis, it's a Rampage/Depth Charge thing.)

Have AC tell you about his Transformer Zombie Dream (we should do THAT as a comic!)
Skids

Postby ShadeC4 » Fri Sep 11, 2009 6:23 pm

Skids wrote:Have AC tell you about his Transformer Zombie Dream (we should do THAT as a comic!)

He should do that, now that you mentioned it.

... And now that I quoted it so it's more singled out and easier to read/access. :laughing:
ImageImage
ShadeC4
I live my life as I feel

Postby Transypoo » Sat Sep 12, 2009 1:17 pm

I wrote it out as a story but I can't find it on this computer... it's probably on the CD from when I was switching computers. I don't wanna look for it though...

Well, lets see... The Autobots were strangely absent.

The Decepticons were using a new guy called Frequency (Who I used later on.) who could control the freshly dead with some sort of transmitter. As the dream went along the Decepticons were quickly winning against the humans, the zombies were killing them all, but the dead humans would rise up and be come zombies, so quickly they were out numbered, and apparently Frequency vanished but the zombies didn't stop and the Decepticons were over runs and covered with zombies... yeah...
Transypoo
It's fine. It's fine!

Postby ShadeC4 » Sat Sep 12, 2009 2:46 pm

You know... That really does sound like it means something more than "cool story idea." :laughing:

Anyways, that is still awesome... Very odd, but awesome nevertheless. And so much to carry on from... Actually, it sounds very AHM.

I hope what you wrote up doesn't change any of it, and actually adds onto it by saying what happened after (and maybe what happened before, but I kinda like the idea of being just thrust right into the story).
ImageImage
ShadeC4
I live my life as I feel

Postby Skids » Thu Dec 31, 2009 10:07 am

Currently kicking around ideas for: What would the Movie-verse have been like if Megatron WON at the end of the first one, i.e. the alt video game ending.) I figure, first of all, in my revised universe, Megatron actually would have a transdimensional link to the Spark of the Fallen, which is banished in some hellish nether-realm by the Primes.

The Fallen would have an energy link to the Sparks of Megatron, and to Optimus, through an ancestral connection that all Prime Sparks past, present and future have, and essentially be slowly siphoning his Spark energy from the nether-realm into Megatron's Spark.

Every time that Megs calls on the Fallen for more help/power (Offered by his "mentor" to his "disciple", Megs unwittingly opens the gates of his Spark to admit the Fallen's being into himself.

This Spark to Spark "doorway" is sort of a dimensional loophole that can give the Fallen a way out of the place he is located.

Basically what is the case, is that only a Prime can free the Fallen. I see Megs as a Prime, too, but in the shadow of Optimus...this resentment caused him to study the Dark Arts and fall prey to the Fallen's urging him, from some other world, to become more ambitious and take control.

Megatron can only admit the Fallen's soul/energy into himself/into our world if he wills it...Megs has shrewdly for many years only been using as much of his master's power as he needs at a time, not wanting to become too dependent on him, and using the promise of eventual freedom to extract all sorts of information and help from the Fallen, without having the intention of really freeing him. In fact, he was interested in possessing the Allspark because it would be a power source (He thinks) wholly independent of his Master, letting him ditch the Fallen in Hell.

What Megs doesn't realize is that when he lets the Fallen in, the Fallen's essence remains inside him, building up, poisoning him and influencing his mind, taking the calculating, shrewd warrior and making him more and more irrational.

So it's a relationship where Megs is dependent on the Fallen for strength, and resents it, and the Fallen is also corrupting him, but he has the Fallen on a 'leash' somewhat in terms of how much freedom Megs grants him through calling on him. The Fallen has been urging Megatron that if he were to free him, and find his body (Hidden on Earth by the Primes), he would serve Megatron's will, and not take over, but Megs would have none of it. He is angered when Megatron refuses to accede fully to his demands.

Still, Fallen is entering "our" world through siphoning his essence into Megatron's Spark a bit at a time whenever Megs powers up. Megatron thinks the Fallen is ONLY making him more powerful, and is cautious of this dependency, but Fallen is really planning to just fill Megatron's Spark with his own essence, destroy it, and take over Megs' body. Then he would go and find where his REAL body was hidden by the Primes after they banished his Spark from it.

The energy in the Allspark would give the Fallen what it takes to fully bust loose...so Megatron's growing obsession with having the Allspark at all costs is more the Fallen poisoning his mind with his own interests as his essence builds up than anything else. Whereas Megs originally wanted it as a means of losing the Fallen as his "drug" of choice, his original priorities are getting twisted ever so slightly by the Fallen's presence in him, causing him to fail to question whether his actions are entirely wise.

...in fact, the Fallen's idea was to feed the Allspark Energy back to him in his exile using Megatron's Spark as a siphon and a conduit, giving the Fallen the power to fully enter our universe through Megs, FORCING his way into Megatron's Spark, and then out of it into our universe. He's told Megatron that absorbing the Allspark will make HIM all-powerful, not the Fallen (In Fallen's guise as advisor and mentor), bring about Fallen's resurrection at Megatron's side, but hasn't mentioned the whole "I'll be taking your body" bit.) Megs is losing it at this point, anyway...his hatred of and vendetta toward Prime has allowed the Fallen to cloud his mind.

Starscream, loyal to Megatron/the cause realizes that Megatron has become increasingly crazy, and this is one reason he is reluctant to obey his hugely risky idea to merge with the Allspark...saying that, first of all, it could kill him, and that Megatron wouldn't normally take such huge risks...and hasn't seemed like himself lately, either.

To be honest, Fallen doesn't really care if Megs dies taking the Allspark...he's hoping he does, in the process, since he just wants the body to house his Spark. So Sam would be doing exactly what Fallen wants him to do, when he shoves the cube in there.

So when Sam pours all that energy in, a vacuum effect would run it through Megs' Spark into the Fallen, in his exile, through the "gate". However, Sam would be inadvertently sucked into Megatron's Spark, and pass through into the Hell where the Fallen dwells.

Unfortunately, the process of taking on the Allspark is too strenuous for Megs, and his Spark nearly burns out before the Fallen can enter our world through it or receive sufficient energy to force his way through Megs' Spark, which is now down to an ember of its former self. So he's not "all there".

So Sam is trapped in Hell with the Fallen, who's mad as heck that his connection to Megatron has been damaged, and Prime is consumed with guilt and rage, thinking that Sam has died because of him.

Megatron is presumed dead (His body is charred and blackened), and in the power vacuum, Bludgeon arises to lead the Decepticons, ordering a campaign of retribution against humanity and the Autobots for defeating their master. (Bludgeon reveres Megatron, but only because he believes accurately that Megatron is a disciple or avatar of "The Ultimate Warrior," i.e. The Fallen, through which the Fallen speaks...Megatron often claimed that the Decepticons were founded around the TRUE legacy of the Primes, one of conquest, and that the Primes had revealed this destiny to him...i.e. that Optimus was a heretic for wanting peace. Megs would often "call on the power of God", i.e. the Fallen, to demonstrate his authority to his men)...now that Megatron has, er, fallen, Bludgeon feels that it is HE who should assume that mantle of Avatar, and will bathe the Earth in blood, offering it up as a sacrifice to the Fallen to bring about his resurrection. (Bludgeon is, well, Bludgeon...he's kooky as heck.)

Starscream, meantime, would leave the planet to gather his own army, and return to challenge Bludgeon for con leadership. Starscream thinks that with the Allspark and Megatron gone, Earth is a waste of time, and that the Cons' resources are being squandered on some mystical craziness. So we would eventually have a Con civil war unfold on Earth.

Meanwhile, it turns out that Megatron is not fully dead. His body is stolen away by Soundwave and the Constructicons, who attempt to rebuild him into Shadow Command Megatron.

So you have a semi-undead Megatron whose body is supercharged with the powers of the Allspark, on the rampage. (The way I see it, Megatron's brain is still functional, but his Soul is almost gone (Like Animated Starscream, but with a tiny bit of a Spark remaining sustained by Allspark juice), and the Allspark has, like an Allspark Shard (Again, for Animated Starscream), become the substitute power source fueling his existence in our plane. So he'd be fairly insane.)

In his exile, Sam would encounter the Transformer minions of the Fallen who were also banished...so, guys like Jetfire, who would become his only ally against Jetfire's former Master.

Meanwhile, in our world, Prime has essentially lost it and started to increasingly become guilt-driven super-violent Prime...Bludgeon is killing everyone, he and Starscream are at war, and then the insane super-powered Megatron zombie has appeared and started using his Allspark powers to transmogrify Earth into a new Cybertron, creating an army of Transformers of his own, and essentially just converting millions of humans at a time into Energon, which he absorbs.

I figure the Fallen would eventually realize that Optimus Prime would be another useful candidate to "enter" through (Bludgeon is no Prime, so he can't speak to him), and take advantage of Prime's anger to try to possess him, by claiming to be a spirit of an ancestor Prime (technically true, but the wrong spirit for a good guy to listen to!) This would turn Prime temporarily into "Nemesis Prime" (The Nightwatch repaint).

:evil2:
Skids

Return to The Town Campfire