Dociverse stuff.

Come, take a seat and tell us your stories!

Dociverse stuff.

Postby TFDoc » Tue Feb 05, 2008 7:44 am

EDIT: I'll use this thread for any pics, news, info, decisions and discussions about the universe inhabited by my beloved Micros. If anybot wants to move any of my other Dociverse stuff here, feel free.

I have another monentous decision to make and it helps me to babble on about it.

Anybot who's read much of my blather knows that my beloved Micros or Regulars(over 650) are separated into groups called "The Divisions". The 911 Division originally included 4x4s, boats and such as the "Search and Rescue Team", eventually, as the population of The Dociverse grew, Mudslinger split off to form the Alternate Terrain Division(ALT). Here it is before I got the purple Minicon boats and arranged conveyance for such:

Now, even though he wasn't in the ALT Division, I'm considering having Seawatch take all watercraft and form a new division. Naval Division(NVL)? Navy Division(NVY)? Marine Division(MRN)? Aqua Division(AQA)? Aquatic Division(AQT)? Here are all the watercraft:
The little white boat is KO WST Waver(from Landcross).

17 boats(18 Bots), that's more than some divisions originally had to start with, and the division would also include trucks and trailers for convoy. Here's the bay and the new port:

Believe it or not, these kinds of decisions are never easy for me(I've been over a year considering a split of 911 into Police, Fire and Medic Divisions), because once I make a decision and a move in the ordering of The Dociverse, for some reason I'm loathe to go back. Since I got the purple boats and the three subs, I've been thinking about this split. Since Seawatch was my first boat, he seems the natural choice for Division Leader. If I do this as well as the 911 split, then the original Rescue Patrol could all end up in different Divisions after almost 20 years together.

There are currently 9 Divisions: Highway(HWY), AIR, 911, Alternate Terrain(ALT), Construction(CON), Space(SPC), Military(MIL), Engineering(ENG) and Beastbot(BST). There could be as many as 13 if the changes are all made.

Decisions, decisions.

A little off topic, but here's the rest of the island:
Last edited by TFDoc on Fri Feb 08, 2008 1:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
This..., is The Dociverse. The place where all things small are larger than life. It had it's spontaneous beginings in the depths of time with The Micromaster Race Car Patrol. It grew quickly, and continues to expand, even as you read this.

TFDoc
TFDoc
Warlord of the Keepers of Souls

Postby ShadeC4 » Tue Feb 05, 2008 7:52 am

Hmm... Interesting dilemma, to say the least. Nice displays, to say a bit more. :3
ImageImage
ShadeC4
I live my life as I feel

Postby TFDoc » Tue Feb 05, 2008 8:02 am

I went to the hobbyshop that day looking for docks or piers for small boats, no luck, then I remembered the yardsale stuff that I picked up for my Beastbot Island set. It makes pretty fair moorage.

EDIT: Spelling.
Last edited by TFDoc on Tue Feb 05, 2008 8:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
This..., is The Dociverse. The place where all things small are larger than life. It had it's spontaneous beginings in the depths of time with The Micromaster Race Car Patrol. It grew quickly, and continues to expand, even as you read this.

TFDoc
TFDoc

Postby ShadeC4 » Tue Feb 05, 2008 8:04 am

Indeed. :smilekitty:
ImageImage
ShadeC4
I live my life as I feel

Postby TFDoc » Wed Feb 06, 2008 12:20 pm

I am now also considering including the MM Flattop carrier(and my repaint of same) in this possible new Division. But, as I always do, I would substitute Minicon Ramjet(and his repaint) for the actual Flattop, because he is the smallest jet and makes the carrier look bigger.

Opinions? Ideas?

Nauticus Prime

TFDoc
TFDoc

Postby ShadeC4 » Wed Feb 06, 2008 4:44 pm

Heh... No ideas, no opinions... You're gonna have to figure it out for your own. In the end, only you can make the decision, after all.
ImageImage
ShadeC4
I live my life as I feel

Postby Skids » Wed Feb 06, 2008 8:29 pm

I say go for it and give them division status. You've got a nice little navy going there. And yeah, I remember how your Beastbot division (Can't help but chuckling, we have a "Beastbot" who posts here...!) slowly grew and grew.

Out of curiosity, do you use Tidal Wave as one of your space transports or for naval purposes? I guess he could work for both, really.

And I share your deliberations with dividing your Transformers into divisions. I tend to call them units...and my UT Bots have been shifted around into many different unit configurations over time. At the moment, I'm waiting to see what comes down the pike in terms of Movie Cybertron/Energon repaints, since I retroactively work those and the Real Gears (Originally slated for Cybertron) into my UT-verse. Had a heck of a time with the chain of command at one point...who deserved to lead, who should be second banana, and so on.

Ultimately, my UT collection's boiled largely down to stuff from Cybertron (Mini-Con up to Supreme) and at most 15 or so non-Mini-Con figures from previous UT series...but that hasn't REALLY simplified things. Now I just have to figure it all out again when I get a chance! ^ ^

But yes, glad to know "I'm Not The Only One," as the song goes...
Skids
You are my friend, aren't you?

Postby ShadeC4 » Thu Feb 07, 2008 3:44 am

This is what makes me glad I kitbash and apply stories behind them all... I now have a remake of Beast Wars series, a remake of Beast Machines series, and my own, original series all going. Initially, I had 2 to 3 original series... But I've scrapped the first 1 or 2 to make it only 1. :smile: (This also means that I gave myself a crap load of bash fodder for newer stuff. ;3 )
ImageImage
ShadeC4
I live my life as I feel

Postby TFDoc » Thu Feb 07, 2008 5:18 am

Shade wrote:Heh... No ideas, no opinions... You're gonna have to figure it out for your own. In the end, only you can make the decision, after all.

For sooth.

Nothing passes in The Dociverse that hath not it's ultimate beginings in me.

TFDoc
TFDoc

Postby TFDoc » Thu Feb 07, 2008 6:17 am

Skidplates wrote:I say go for it and give them division status. You've got a nice little navy going there. And yeah, I remember how your Beastbot division (Can't help but chuckling, we have a "Beastbot" who posts here...!) slowly grew and grew.

Out of curiosity, do you use Tidal Wave as one of your space transports or for naval purposes? I guess he could work for both, really.

And I share your deliberations with dividing your Transformers into divisions. I tend to call them units...and my UT Bots have been shifted around into many different unit configurations over time. At the moment, I'm waiting to see what comes down the pike in terms of Movie Cybertron/Energon repaints, since I retroactively work those and the Real Gears (Originally slated for Cybertron) into my UT-verse. Had a heck of a time with the chain of command at one point...who deserved to lead, who should be second banana, and so on.

Ultimately, my UT collection's boiled largely down to stuff from Cybertron (Mini-Con up to Supreme) and at most 15 or so non-Mini-Con figures from previous UT series...but that hasn't REALLY simplified things. Now I just have to figure it all out again when I get a chance! ^ ^

But yes, glad to know "I'm Not The Only One," as the song goes...

If I do ratify their charter, it will cut ALT down considerably, but SPC used to be part of MIL and as I said, ALT split off of 911. BST split off of ENG and it turned into a lot of fun as a fun Division. Mayby it's time for a Micro Navy. All of the other DIVs have stations, bases, OSVs and such, so the two carriers would give NVL a little something extra. Here they are:

Does Tidal Wave have a space transport mode? I'll have to check it out. That would be cool. I love Mega-Transports for my Micros. Have I left two unused all this time? I have used used him quite a bit for launching Micro planes in some aquatic fun. I guess he could be their Seabase One. Maybe.

Yeah, I get all mental with how/what/where/why and such, especially why. I find myself doing other things but at the same time I'll be working out the logic of what I may or may not do in The Dociverse.

In the early 90's I started building my first real TF cities after finaly getting F-Max and M-Plex (and I got some MM stations and bases a couple of years after release), at first it was "TransFormer City"(Rosie called it"Formertown"), then I started using only Micros so it would look bigger and it became "Micro-City". Then I started calling anything Micro related "The Microverse" (nod to The Micronaughts) and in early '05 it became The Dociverse. Now, those who would rewrite history to suit their own purposes would have you think that it has been called The Dociverse since time began, but we know better..., don't we?

TFDoc
TFDoc

Postby TFDoc » Thu Feb 07, 2008 6:34 am

More Dociverse stuff. Hey! I'm actually on topic!

I went to Wally's to get more blue felt for aquatic fun but they were out of blue, however, I got the idea to grab some red and some red glass beads for Beastbot Island. It makes a nice "lake of fire" lava flow for the east end of the island. Here's Grimlock on his island, waiting for Swoop and Sludge:
I borrowed the big mountain for my brothers two boys, they got a box of dinos with three mountains, and YES, I will give it back..., someday.

TFDoc
TFDoc

Postby ShadeC4 » Thu Feb 07, 2008 9:50 am

Rofl... x) "borrowing" ;P
ImageImage
ShadeC4
I live my life as I feel

Postby Skids » Thu Feb 07, 2008 11:29 am

Ooh, nice lake of flames there...! I can see it as somewhere Slag would like to hang out. Fortunately for the dinos, I don't see a tar pit located anywhere on the island. ^ ^

I just meant that Tidal Wave's combined vehicle mode (The three vehicles combined) was used as a space transport in Energon (And maybe Armada, I saw more En than Arm...not that I'm not trying to erase the experience of both from my poor tortured noggin...!) similarly to how Fort Max was used as a spaceship in Headmasters. They both have that Macross Superdimensional Fortress look to 'em to a certain degree. (Max moreso with his twin prows.) Fort Max's ship mode is like the love child of the SDF-1 and the White Base from Gundam... ^ ^
Skids
You are my friend, aren't you?

Postby TFDoc » Thu Feb 07, 2008 4:08 pm

Ooh! Tar pit? TAR PIT! Some black paint on the flat end of the little volcanic island and we just might have a tar pit on Beastbot Island. Maybe gloss and flat black streaked for effect. Like there's drier and more liquified areas.

I'll have to get Tidalwave out and look at him with a new eye and see what I see. I'll try a little extra twist or two as well. And I just recently started using F-Max as a space ship, it's totally awesome as a Universe Class Mega-Transport for my Micros, the Flagship of my Fleet.

I gotta get back to the garage, I snagged a day off and I think I've made my mind up to repaint WST Jazz into WST Movie Jazz. I've been daunted by the task so far, it seems from looking that it will be fairy tedious and difficult. But it may happen today. I guess the worst that could happen is it doesn't turn out OK.

Later,

Doc

TFDoc
TFDoc

Postby ShadeC4 » Thu Feb 07, 2008 4:16 pm

No... >>; Tar pit + Dinobots = bad idea. x; If you have not already, watch Transformers: Animated episode 6 "Blast From the Past" to get why. x.x
ImageImage
ShadeC4
I live my life as I feel

Next

Return to The Town Campfire