[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4758: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4759: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4760: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
The Playhouse! • View topic - Interesting (General) News Topic

Interesting (General) News Topic

General news about anything.

Interesting (General) News Topic

Postby ShadeC4 » Thu Aug 05, 2010 3:20 pm

ImageImage
ShadeC4
I live my life as I feel

Re: Interesting (General) News Topic

Postby Transypoo » Thu Aug 05, 2010 11:27 pm

Heck, I know all about that... The guy on the left is a buddy of mine and on the right his new boyfriend. He's now world famous.

Humm, Jack Horner, eh? He's good, but like to rattle the cage. I'll wait until Bob Bakker says so. Still, that makes me a little sad, my childhood toy was a Triceratops. I guess we'll see what other evidence comes up.
Transypoo
It's fine. It's fine!

Postby ShadeC4 » Fri Aug 06, 2010 2:16 am

ImageImage
ShadeC4
I live my life as I feel

Postby ShadeC4 » Fri Aug 06, 2010 3:16 am

ImageImage
ShadeC4
I live my life as I feel

Postby Transypoo » Fri Aug 06, 2010 11:36 am

Well, the problem is all about who was named first, the reason the Brontosaurus was said not to exist was because they had previously found PARTS of an Apatosaurus (oh nice, Brontosaurus is in my computer's lexicon, but not Apatosaurus.), and named it, then later they found a NEARLY complete dinosaur except for the skull and named it Brontosaurus because of its size, but it was missing a skull, so they just grabbed a skull and stuck it on top. So, when they figured out that these were the same animal the, unfortunatly more famous, Brontosaurus had to go. (Although it still can be used as an alternate name.)

But I GUESS they found the Torosaurus first? But I'm pretty sure the Triceratops was one of the first dinosaurs ever classified. So that seems weird to me. Also, if they were the same species why is there so many of them? Did most of them die before adult hood? They were saying in a documentary, that at one time the thought there were dozens of subspecies, but they figured out that it was actually individuality.

Cool, I love how apes are more like us than we thought.
Transypoo
It's fine. It's fine!

Postby ShadeC4 » Fri Aug 06, 2010 3:15 pm

Personally I think they should go with the popular names as to not disappoint people. P:

In other news: 4-Year-Old Girl's Brother Wrestles Her From Attacker
ImageImage
ShadeC4
I live my life as I feel

Postby ShadeC4 » Fri Aug 06, 2010 7:12 pm

ImageImage
ShadeC4
I live my life as I feel

Postby Matrix3 » Thu Aug 12, 2010 8:53 pm

Like the Ghost in the Shell series and Gundam Seed? Well in Spring of 2011 a 3rd series as well as a reboot of Gundam Seed will premier in Japan.
Matrix3
Lord of the Wanderers

Postby ShadeC4 » Fri Aug 13, 2010 3:48 am

A GitS & G SEED style series...? O_o: I still gotta get on watching Gundam Unicorn. :glanceright: :;: & DBZ Kai but that's not as relevant... Anyways a reboot of SEED? I... Don't see why. It has such a large & loyal following why would they mess with it? Though that following is predominantly pre-teens & those just starting to be teens... (Lotsa 10-14 year old fans for SEED. I wish I didn't know that...) But I wonder what this GitS/G SEED style series will be like. Unless you meant a 3rd GitS series & 3rd SEED series in which case: Woops. lol
ImageImage
ShadeC4
I live my life as I feel

Postby Transypoo » Fri Aug 13, 2010 10:45 am

3rd GitS series/season I think, plus also, a reboot of Seed.
Transypoo
It's fine. It's fine!

Postby ShadeC4 » Fri Aug 13, 2010 3:24 pm

It'd be awesome if someone combined the 2 series into something to do with neither... Like as in it used GitS & G SEED as inspiration. So much potential...
ImageImage
ShadeC4
I live my life as I feel

Postby Matrix3 » Fri Aug 13, 2010 8:21 pm

Oops sorry for the confusion. I meant Ghost in the Shell will have a third season and there will be a reboot of Gundam Seed. Sorry both shows will not be combined.
Matrix3
Lord of the Wanderers

Postby Transypoo » Sat Aug 14, 2010 12:00 am

Awesome as a new series, weird as it stands. Ghost in the Shell has its share of robots, but I can't see the Major fighting Zakus... as awesome as that'd be.
Transypoo
It's fine. It's fine!

Postby ShadeC4 » Sat Aug 14, 2010 3:02 am

Yeah, but a character based on her who pilots a bipedal robot without sentience... Maybe make the mechs more human sized. More like exo-suits. I think that would work better.

No, I didn't once actually think they'd just take GitS & G SEED & throw them together. I'd actually always meant a series based on them. But it dawned on me after that I didn't convey that well... So I tried to play it out. *shrugs* There's still an awesome series to be had by basing it on both those series. Various ways it could go... I'd love to see the Kira & Athrun based characters get thrashed on all the time, though. lol Wanting for peace is 1 thing but those guys were pansies... Athrun showed it more in SEED Destiny. I think Bato & Mu could be merged into 1 character, though...
ImageImage
ShadeC4
I live my life as I feel

Postby ShadeC4 » Fri Oct 01, 2010 5:16 pm

Google Me coming this Fall?

I stand by that Google Me is gonna be better than Facebook - even if just because Google actually obeys privacy policies. I was gonna eventually join Facebook since I know how I go about anything (not interested, refuse to get interested, then go & do it anyways) but then I just kept hearing about the violation of privacy rights the owner has committed. So now I just shake my head at how people *still* use Facebook. Only way I'd go there now is if it was guaranteed that the guy who first put it up & all has no access to it & that it's actually run by a company...

I'm hoping for Google Me though. Even if it doesn't become majorly popular it's probably the only new social networking place you're gonna find me. (I still have a MySpace but there's so no real edits to it any more. Maybe like... For a day or 2 each year I spend time editing it then it gets left be till a year later? If even.)

I guess the only real way to have privacy on Facebook at current is to not put anything private on it. But I just couldn't do that... To do that would be to deny so much of myself. I like having PM convos with people. Even if they're actually showing them to a bunch of people offline that doesn't matter to me since I can't see or even go near those people physically.
ImageImage
ShadeC4
I live my life as I feel

Next

Return to The News Room