The Gundam Topic!

General news about anything.

Postby ShadeC4 » Thu Jan 15, 2009 1:29 am

I have this to say: Gundam 00 is awesome.

That is all.
ImageImage
ShadeC4
I live my life as I feel

Postby Transypoo » Thu Jan 15, 2009 3:50 pm

"That was it?"

"It was pointless!"

"It was obvious!"

"It was... short..."

"I LOVED IT!"
Transypoo
It's fine. It's fine!

Postby ShadeC4 » Fri Jan 16, 2009 1:17 am

Now where's my female version of Transypoo? ;x:
ImageImage
ShadeC4
I live my life as I feel

Postby Transypoo » Fri Jan 16, 2009 1:43 am

Coming, maybe.
Transypoo
It's fine. It's fine!

Postby ShadeC4 » Fri Jan 16, 2009 2:29 am

If she exists, she will be mine... Oh yes, she will- Be mine. No ifs, ands or buts.

Indeed. :smile:
ImageImage
ShadeC4
I live my life as I feel

Postby Matrix3 » Mon Feb 02, 2009 11:45 pm

I agree. I even have some of the model kits.
Matrix3
Lord of the Wanderers

Postby Skids » Mon Feb 23, 2009 4:20 pm

For the 30th Anniversary of Gundam, we're returning to the Universal Century, specifically 0081, in the wake of the One Year War period: http://z11.invisionfree.com/gundam00/in ... wtopic=776

Have to say I'm pretty excited! I'm very fond of the original timeline, and what went down between the OYW and the Grypps conflict in Zeta Gundam is something we could still use more information on. Storylines dealing with the fallout of war are always interesting.

I also like that the Gundam is pretty clearly based on the RX-78-2 and its descendent, the NT-1 Alex from 0080. I'm more a fan of incremental improvements in mecha design over the "Look, the new model is awesome, but it's magically so advanced compared to the one last year as to defy plausibility!" approach.

But here's hoping the protagonist is more, uh, competent than Kou in 0083. I mean, I love Kou, but good lord. What a screwup. I came away from that show thinking "I would totally watch an "The adventures of Annavel Gato" series. I mean, Gato is the antagonist, but he even got the heroic "Blaze of glory" death while our hero was left floating around like a chump. And then court-martialed. Heh...Feddies.
Skids
You are my friend, aren't you?

Postby ShadeC4 » Mon Feb 23, 2009 7:44 pm

I'm mostly just glad they got Katoki as the mecha designer. Wing would have been so much visually better with him...

As for what others are referring to in regards to what it seems he based the look off of:
http://www.mahq.net/mecha/gundam/m-msv/rx-78-7.htm
http://www.mahq.net/mecha/gundam/m-msv/fa-78-3.htm
http://www.mahq.net/mecha/gundam/m-msv/fha-78-3.htm

Yeah, I definitely like Katoki's design better... But I've always adored his work. Ver. Ka. all the way!!
ImageImage
ShadeC4
I live my life as I feel

Postby ShadeC4 » Fri May 15, 2009 3:25 pm

So, guess what? I've actually got news that I've not seen around here for once. :smile2:

According to Anime News Network, Gundam 00 second season is dubbed/being dubbed into English, and the first episode is going to be aired on Sci Fi on June 29th at 11:00 pm Eastern. Read more here. :smile2:

There's also news in that article of a theatrical film of 00 coming.
ImageImage
ShadeC4
I live my life as I feel

Postby ShadeC4 » Wed Sep 23, 2009 12:54 am

So I was right about that air date, and it ended up maintaining that apparently. No idea as to just when, but they started airing 2 episodes a night at some point, so I ended up being able to get hold of 2 at a time. All the way up until current, which is when the final episode of the series was aired. So I have now seen all of Gundam 00...

At current, I am stuffing my head full of Gundam SEED info. I already made it through the first season/series, and am now on Destiny. I started it all from the very beginning, as its been years since I saw it... And I must say that I am glad for that. When it first aired here, I was too young (at least mentally) to properly appreciate the series. Now I am seeing how much more complex and such it truly is/was. Enjoying it thus far...

So, after this, all I will have is Victory from UC era to finish up, as well as Turn A. And then it will be onto Unicorn... Whenever it gets aired. Hopefully they don't take so long to do an English dub - if they even intend to. (Gawd, I hope they intend to. ;x: )
ImageImage
ShadeC4
I live my life as I feel

Previous

Return to The News Room