Comic News

Worst. Forum. Ever.

Postby Beastbot » Wed Jun 13, 2007 10:55 pm

Your eyes are on the front of your hair.
Last updated December 11th
Current Transformers Total: 4,400
Beastbot
Slimy yet Satisfying

Postby Skids » Fri Jun 22, 2007 9:57 pm

Chris Ryall has been so kind as to point out that the dimness of the Megatron: Origin artwork was due to IDW going with a different, inferior printer than they usually use for their issues. He apologized, and I'm guessin' it'll be brightened up for the trade. Still, I had no trouble following the art, and quite enjoyed the read. Immoral Autobots, yay! ^_^
Skids
You are my friend, aren't you?

Postby Skids » Fri Jul 27, 2007 7:10 pm

Upcoming Transformers projects include Transformers Spotlight: Ramjet, a new character that will first be seen in the current Transformers/New Avengers miniseries. The special will be written by Stuart Moore, and illustrated by Robbie Musso.

Ryall then announced that IDW would be producing sequel stories to the Transformers film, the first being The Search for Starscream. The sequel stories, Ryall said, will pick up where the film left off, and will introduce new characters. In addition, Ryall said that he will be writing a new prequel story that will be included in the DVD when it is released later this year.

---------------------------------------------------------
I doubt it'll be a problem that I'm not bothering to read any more of the Avengers/TF crossover. ^_^
Skids

Postby Transypoo » Fri Jul 27, 2007 7:12 pm

God, I haven't even read it yet, I just hate the art.
Transypoo
It's fine. It's fine!

Postby Skids » Fri Jul 27, 2007 10:30 pm

The story was pretty terrible, too. Don't even bother, it'll just irritate you. (The Marvel characters aren't even written in-character, except for Spidey, and that's just "Insert wisecrack here".) The writer couldn't write the characters, so he used the excuse, "They've been affected by a RAGE beam" to make them all angry; anyone can write angry.

And weren't the IDW Decepticons all about *stealth*? I don't think they'd build a huge DOME in the middle of Latveria so huge that it attracts the attention of the Avengers...

Bah.
Skids

Postby Transypoo » Fri Jul 27, 2007 10:37 pm

I'm gunna read it anyways. It might be good for a laugh.
Transypoo
It's fine. It's fine!

Postby Skids » Thu Aug 02, 2007 11:46 pm

Ramjet is coming in his own Spotlight. With luck, we won't have to have read the Joe/TF crossover he's introduced in to "get" why he's entering the story. Anyhoo, here's the cover!
http://forum.idwpublishing.com/viewtopi ... t=15#27065
Skids

Postby Skids » Tue Aug 14, 2007 10:50 am

Ryall: Between Comic-Con, last weekend's Chicago con, and a trip to Hasbro, plus all kinds of general work overload, I know I haven't been around here much. But that doesn't mean I don't care...

In fact, in that time away from here, I've been making plans. Big plans. And then off to Hasbro to run these plans by the Powers-That-Be. And lo and behold, they loved them and are into said plans. Which means that 2008 is going to be BIG. I don't say this with any hyperbole, but next year's going to really rock your worlds.

These plans include movie-related comics, multiple Spotlights, another crossover, a new mini- (or maybe maxi-)series that will really wow you and answer some old questions, and the big SOMETHING ELSE. I'm pretty excited.

I also watched the new Transformers Animated Movie, the kick-off of the upcoming series, and it's a blast. I actually thought it might be a bit too "young" since it's aimed at the 5-9 crowd, but I shouldn't have questioned Sam Register and his crew--it's a lot of fun, and the characters and voices are great. As are the new toys, that looks just like the designs. I know people have taken shots at it based on the little bit they've seen online, but it's gonna win people over. Especially that first scene.

Oh, one other TF thing--I watched the DVD extra that's going to be included on the Wal-Mart only Movie DVD release. It's an animated version of the entire Movie Prequel miniseries, with voicework from Peter Cullen and others. Good sound effects, cool movement of panels and voices... it's pretty awesome to see our comic turned into something like that. And having Cullen speak our words is an insanely exciting thing, too.

Sounds as if it's not actually a cartoon version of the prequel, but rather the comic panels with sound FX and voice overs. Hm. Guess that's the "new material" for the DVD. Shame, I was hoping they'd actually be able to animate some new stuff. ^ ^ Oh well, here's hoping the DVD still has some unused footage.

Anyhoo...
Target will offer an exclusive version of the Transformers Movie DVD in November that will come with an all-new 22-page Prequel comic written by Chris Ryall, with art by Don and Andrew Wildman. It features Starscream and some other Decepticons, and even a character that didn't make it into the movie itself, Wreckage.

Once again, Target kicks Wally World's backside. New content FTW
Skids

Postby ShadeC4 » Tue Aug 14, 2007 2:23 pm

Mike Wieringo passed away... :\

http://www.newsarama.com/Chicago_07/Ringo.html
ImageImage
ShadeC4
I live my life as I feel

Postby Skids » Wed Aug 15, 2007 12:26 am

Dammmmmn... >_< My dad has had serious heart trouble in the past, too; for a relatively young guy who'd lived as healthfully as possible--there's still a lot we need to learn about heart medicine and the workings of the human heart.

I loved his Spidey work...
Skids

Postby Transypoo » Fri Aug 17, 2007 11:01 am

Skids, this should have gone in the movie topic, not the comics area.
Transypoo
It's fine. It's fine!

Postby ShadeC4 » Fri Aug 17, 2007 12:05 pm

*Dumps Trans in the movie thread.* There you go... Be happy you are home now. :P
ImageImage
ShadeC4
I live my life as I feel

Postby Skids » Wed Sep 05, 2007 2:26 pm

^Oh, that worked out TOO well, considering the fact that I deleted the thing he was replying to... ^ ^

Anyhoo:
September 19: Devastation #1
September 26: Beast Wars: The Ascending #1 and Beast Wars Sourcebook #1

COMIIIIIICCCCSSSSSSS....Oh, Megatron Origin issue three should be out this...Thursday, I believe. (Labor Day delay, don'tchaknow.)
Skids

Postby Transypoo » Wed Sep 05, 2007 6:45 pm

How Ironic.
Transypoo
It's fine. It's fine!

Postby Skids » Mon Sep 10, 2007 2:55 pm

"I'll be back." And apparently in a new continuity. PiratedTVPro has stumbled across an interesting segment of "Lying in the Gutters" on ComicBookResources.com. It says that there will be a Terminator/Transformers cross-over comic book series coming out. No details of which company, Dynamite or IDW, will be making it.

Here is the brief snippet:

Cybertron vs Cyberdene

I understand there's a "Transformers/Terminator" comic book series on the way. Will it be Dynamite, will it be IDW?

Will it be as bad as "Transformers/Avengers?" No.

This would work a HELL of a lot better than that TF/Avengers crossover that makes me wanna break stuff.
Skids

PreviousNext

Return to The Comic Shop