Re: IDW Transformers Comics

Postby Skids » Wed Jul 09, 2014 7:07 am

Skids
You are my friend, aren't you?

Postby Skids » Fri Apr 17, 2015 1:06 pm

MTMTE #40 preview:
http://www.allspark.com/forums/topic/11 ... ter-onion/
Check the bottom right corner of the first page. Oh, poor Hunter...Roberts, that's just evil. :smile2:

I also like how since they watched Back to the Future (Two) in issue 38, Tailgate now has a Back to the Future hoverboard.
Skids

Postby Skids » Wed Sep 16, 2015 6:54 am

Skids

Postby Transypoo » Wed Sep 16, 2015 4:50 pm

OH jeez.
Transypoo
It's fine. It's fine!

Postby Beastbot » Thu Sep 17, 2015 12:27 am

Forget that, man! TRANSFORMERS HOLIDAY SPECIAL! That'll likely be hilarious.

Love love LOVE that Ravage's present for Megatron is very obviously his fusion cannon (which he had taken away from him when he became an Autobot).
Last updated October 4th
Current Transformers Total: 4,365
Beastbot
Slimy yet Satisfying

Postby Skids » Mon Sep 28, 2015 9:15 pm

Ah, the Scavengers. Missed these guys.
http://www.allspark.com/2015/09/transfo ... 5-preview/
Skids

Postby Beastbot » Tue Sep 29, 2015 12:10 am

I've been down on the "main IDW-verse" TF books lately-- MTMTE in particular-- but darnit, that first page is the Best Thing Ever.
Last updated October 4th
Beastbot
Slimy yet Satisfying

Postby Beastbot » Fri Oct 09, 2015 3:09 pm

Now THIS is gonna be interesting... Cybertron is going to annex EARTH-- under OPTIMUS...

http://www.newsarama.com/26246-optimus-prime-to-annex-earth-in-transformers-50-event.html
Last updated October 4th
Beastbot
Slimy yet Satisfying

Postby Beastbot » Wed Jun 01, 2016 7:24 pm

"Revolution" is starting in September-- all of Hasbro's boys' properties are going to be combined into one universe:

http://news.tfw2005.com/2016/06/01/transformers-hasbro-characters-join-together-idws-revolution-316348

I'd love to be wrong, but it's hard to see how this is going to be a good thing, at least from my POV. I don't like how everyone's trying to ape on the MCU-- you have to a "slow burn" to get to the point where that universe is at now, throwing everything together like Hasbro seems intent on doing just doesn't work-- especially since besides TF and maybe Joe, those properties just don't have the following.
Last updated October 4th
Beastbot
Slimy yet Satisfying

Postby Transypoo » Thu Jun 02, 2016 1:37 pm

Yeah, it's the same problem DC is having with their movies, people just want to jump into it. You have to have all these stories going independently, and have them cross over once in a while.
Transypoo
It's fine. It's fine!

Postby Skids » Thu Jun 02, 2016 8:41 pm

As usual, I will play Devil's Advocate.

The basic premise is sound.

The leading brand, Transformers, is at least the robust tentpole for this storyline, with the other, more anemic properties being introduced into the existing IDW TF universe (11 years going strong...longest running TF continuity) and Ore-13 factoring into why these characters meet (Furman laughs from within the dustbin they apparently consigned him to...). All Hail Optimus is also a linchpin.

It is also worth noting that these are the existing IDW TF and Joe (not Hamaverse) and Micronauts universes rather than starting new ones (unlike DC).

The idea came from the IDW writers and artists and was proposed to Hasbro rather than a top-down mandate (the cinematic universe may have influenced this, but it came from IDW).

Anyway, this is combining brands that work well together. Joe and TF together is a good and natural thing, and MASK is already part of Joe thanks to the Matt Trakker Joe (plus, transforming vehicles ties it to TFs)...and it's pulling in Micronauts, which has always been part of TF history (since Micronauts is Microman and Microman=Microchange=Transformers). Rom is a robot dude and space knight...TF is on that "knight" kick since 2011.

If these brands are weaker than TF, yet work as part of it, it makes sense to meld them in in hopes of giving them some life support. I don't think it will drag TF down.

One can only hope this gets us MASK or Joe TF toys!

Oh, and it's not, say, bringing in MLP, Strawberry Shortcake, and Candyland. (Jem would be okay, that was part of the Sunbowverse--thank you, Hector Ramirez!)

It has synergy! :evil2: You heard me!
Skids

Postby Beastbot » Sun Mar 25, 2018 1:52 am

Wowzers, the Unicron to end all Unicrons:
http://news.tfw2005.com/2018/03/24/unicron-coming-first-look-idws-unicron-robot-mode-361324

Also, it looks like the IDW TF continuity that's been going since 2005 is going to finally end at the end of the year-- and not a "soft reboot" either, but a definitive finale. Which honestly is fine with me, the whole "war is over" thing was cool for a while, but it's just devolved into philosophical navel-gazing and the whole "Autobots are way worse than you thought and not all the Decepticons are so bad" thing rubs me the wrong way. Only what John Barber writes reads like an actual TF comic anymore, so I'm ready for some new blood and continuity.
Last updated October 4th
Beastbot
Slimy yet Satisfying

Previous

Return to The Comic Shop