[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4758: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4759: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4760: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
The Playhouse! • View topic - Comic topic

Comic topic

Worst. Forum. Ever.

Comic topic

Postby Skids » Mon Dec 14, 2009 11:24 am

Oh, cool...
http://www.hisstank.com/gi-joe-news/com ... 2010-9209/
For free comic book day, Larry Hama is writing a G.I. Joe issue that picks up where the last Marvel issue ended!

Now, IDW, continue the G1 Transformers comic! That thing was just picking up steam under Furman when it was canned!

Update:

As we reported yesterday about IDW Publishing’s Free Comic Book Day book G.I. Joe #155½, it appears that it will lead into an all new G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero series starting with issue #156 according to IDW Publisher, Chris Ryall. So Marvel Comics fans rejoice, the story that Larry Hama started at the “House of Ideas” will continue on in a new series from IDW 16 years later!

Diamond recently released information on the Gold-level sponsors for Free Comic Book Day in May 2010. Our book for that level is G.I. JOE 155-1/2, an all-new story that picks up where the old Marvel series (which stopped at issue 155) ended. The book leads into a new REAL AMERICAN HERO series that starts with issue #156. The online cover image wasn’t the final version, though–that one is pictured right here, with art by Augustin Padilla, who’s doing the interiors on this new book. The inimitable Larry Hama scripts, of course.

Holy COW! I didn't dare to dream! Now I don't have to bother with anything Devil's Due did. :evil2:

Edit: ANNND we have the guy complaining that it ignores the DDP run. Ergh...yeah, some of us would like to be able to follow up on the Marvel comics from our youths (And that we're rediscovering as trades) without reading tons of back issues for a dead series. (DDP's Joe.) This is a good "in" for returning fans like me, who didn't pay attention to Joe much again until S6.

Bumblebee Mini preview: http://forum.idwpublishing.com/viewtopi ... sc&start=0
Loving this retro style, and 'Bee ending up as leader! Plus, yay, Omega can speak in complete sentences again! :smile:

In terms of Ongoing issue 2, it came out on the U.S. East Coast last week, but should be hitting the West Coast (i.e. I can read it!) on Wednesday. This issue follows up on issue 2 on the ongoing.

Kinda funny how people can't wrap their heads around the designs being different in this and in the Ongoing...it's a "Choose whichever you want them to look" thing.
Skids
You are my friend, aren't you?

Postby ShadeC4 » Mon Dec 14, 2009 3:30 pm

Huh... Looks like how the art in the Starscream tale has been refined. Looks really good imo. Nice indeed...
ImageImage
ShadeC4
I live my life as I feel

Postby Skids » Tue Dec 22, 2009 1:28 pm

Skids

Postby ShadeC4 » Tue Dec 22, 2009 8:30 pm

ImageImage
ShadeC4
I live my life as I feel

Postby Skids » Wed Dec 23, 2009 11:21 am

Skids

Postby Skids » Tue Jan 05, 2010 4:46 pm

Skids

Postby Transypoo » Tue Jan 05, 2010 5:55 pm

oOOooohhhhh!!!! I liiiike!
Transypoo
It's fine. It's fine!

Postby ShadeC4 » Wed Jan 06, 2010 7:21 am

ImageImage
ShadeC4
I live my life as I feel

Postby Skids » Thu Jan 07, 2010 4:44 pm

January release dates: we have three weeks of new TFs in store! Should be awesome to get three comics a month for awhile...(Bee runs for 4 issues, Wreckers for 5.)...especially since they are interwoven stories.

Jan 13th TF Ongoing #3
Jan 20th Bumblebee #2
Jan 27th Last Stand of the Wreckers #1

Okay, I really like Don's new faces (And they CAN emote, people are just blind...because I stabbed their eyes out...), but this is pretty freakin' sweet!
http://markerguru.deviantart.com/art/ID ... -145584277
Skids

Postby ShadeC4 » Thu Jan 07, 2010 7:26 pm

Gorgeous Hot Rod/Rodimus and 'Bee. Want those as toys... (Don't want Alternity 'Bee due to being too bulky. Reminds me of Binaltech/Alternators Skids... With the poor arm and head proportions. :glanceright: )
ImageImage
ShadeC4
I live my life as I feel

Postby Skids » Fri Jan 08, 2010 11:28 am

I want at least one of each Alternity character (So, one Prime, one Megs, one Bee, one Jumper). I think for Prime and Megs, I'd probably go for the standard versions with their iconic colors. This is one of those things that I need to look into soon...Bee and Cliffjumper look great with the Alternators (in robot mode), from what I've seen. Perfect size.
Skids

Postby ShadeC4 » Fri Jan 08, 2010 7:12 pm

Imo black Megs and silver OP are the best for Alternity. The 'Bee mold is just too disproportioned for my tastes... If it's anything like the Binalt Skids mold, then the arms are better suited to a deluxe figure. (I know cause I put them on a deluxe BWX OP.)
ImageImage
ShadeC4
I live my life as I feel

Postby Skids » Mon Jan 11, 2010 1:36 pm

Skids

Postby Skids » Tue Jan 19, 2010 10:53 am

http://media.ideaanddesignworks.com/idw ... l_covA.jpg
Transformers Spotlight: Prowl

Mike Costa (w) • E.J. Su (a) • Nick Roche, Su (c)

The end of the war between Autobots and Decepticons had profound changes throughout the ranks, even for the coldly logical PROWL. Learn of his change of heart and its impact on his actions in the ongoing series.

Also: Menasor! Edit: Embiggened cover!
http://www.comicscontinuum.com/stories/ ... rmers6.htm
Skids

Postby Skids » Tue Jan 26, 2010 10:20 am

Skids

Next

Return to The Comic Shop