Comic News 1/08

Worst. Forum. Ever.

Postby Skids » Thu Nov 05, 2009 10:42 am

Ongoing Issue 1 preview: Massive spoilers, so read at your own risk (I just HAD to have something to tide me over 'till Wednesday the 18th, when the ongoing comes out.) http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page ... e&id=23587
Skids
You are my friend, aren't you?

Postby ShadeC4 » Wed Nov 11, 2009 6:58 pm

Nearly a MONTH later, and I *finally* get AHM 16... That took way too long for the uploaders. =.= You'd think they hadn't learned that DCP quit. Morons...
ImageImage
ShadeC4
I live my life as I feel

Postby ShadeC4 » Thu Nov 26, 2009 2:33 pm

What's the new series after AHM going to be called?
ImageImage
ShadeC4
I live my life as I feel

Postby Skids » Thu Nov 26, 2009 10:37 pm

Just "The Transformers", although you'll also hear it referred to "Transformers Ongoing Series". Issue one came out last week.

What's neat is that they have plans for it as far along as late 2011 (We'll have to wait for that long to really see what Galvatron's up to boil over, for instance. Things are being plotted very long-term and everyone is talking to make sure things line up.).

Also, Bumblebee starts in Dec., and Last Stand of the Wreckers starts in January. These mini-series will run alongside the ongoing (One for four issues, the other five), and take place within the same time frame as the ongoing. Last Stand of the Wreckers will show what happened at Garrus-9 during Megatron's all-out assault as the Wreckers enter the prison for the first time in three years, i.e. we will likely find out how Bludgeon escaped from prison and ended up crewing a ship with the Monster Pretenders. (Great teamup, that, by the way! And all from the '89 lineup, sneaky.)

Methinks when those two minis wind down, we'll see what secret G1 project Shane has been working on (I'm hoping for more Megatron-Origin era stuff; Spotlight Blurr was really good, and we need to actually see this Zeta Prime guy. But something about Drift and the third faction would be cool, too. For refusing to have no part in the war, they have to be pretty badass pacifists to hand out giant swords like that. Unless it was a "Oh, you can take that, we don't need it anymore...it's just been sitting around in the shed.").
Skids

Postby ShadeC4 » Thu Nov 26, 2009 11:00 pm

Yaa, "The Transformers" is not really that solid a name to pop into search engines. :laughing: Oh well, hopefully we can still find it - especially now that DCP stopped. ::3:
ImageImage
ShadeC4
I live my life as I feel

Postby Skids » Sat Dec 05, 2009 11:17 pm

G.I. Joe: Special Missions, the companion series to the original Joe comics, will be reprinted by IDW! I have really been enjoying the classic Joe reprints (Larry Hama is awesome as a writer), so I appreciate IDW's dedication to getting this stuff out there. Special Missions was shorter-lived, but often dealt with darker or more serious one-shot stories, for instance one where Clutch (Who is of Jewish background-Lance Steinberg) had to deal with the moral dilemma presented when the Joes struck a deal with a band of Nazi survivors to obtain the location of a cache of WWII-era toxins before Cobra could get their hands on them.
Skids

Previous

Return to The Comic Shop