Opinions?

The Weeping Corner, go to it.

Opinions?

Postby ShadeC4 » Sun Feb 27, 2011 5:26 am

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mcM5ehY3Bzo
Looking for opinions on this. Agree? Disagree? I wanna get a discussion going...

Btw: Not going to reveal my thoughts on it right away. I wanna get some feedback first. I hope to get unbiased opinions this way. :)

Also posted on FB if you'd rather respond there.
ImageImage
ShadeC4
I live my life as I feel

Re: Opinions?

Postby Transypoo » Sun Feb 27, 2011 2:58 pm

I didn't finish the video 'cause she started saying the same thing over and over. The thing with nature and genetics is that nothing is black and white, it's all grey areas. And nature makes mistakes, but that's the very nature of Evolution. For instance, Male Narwhals have that iconic "horn" the females do, not, but there are errors here and there and you get a female Narwhal with a tusk. Its that same for any aspect of any creature. There was once a female Olympian (athlete not a god) who was denied the gold, I think, because after the blood screenings they discovered she had XXY chromosomes. They decided that she was actually a man and cheated, but she never knew she had an extra Y. The difference between humans and most animals is we've advanced to such a point in technology that we can choose to 'switch genders' no matter how athletically.

Oh, that reminds me there's a species of fish where every member of the species is born female, but they live in a communal 'harem' with a dominant male. What happens is, if the male dies the dominant female switches over to being a male and takes over.

Also, a lot of frogs can make a one time switch to the opposite gender if necessary.
Transypoo
It's fine. It's fine!

Re: Opinions?

Postby ShadeC4 » Mon Feb 28, 2011 1:59 am

Actually, thanks to what you just said, I'm gonna update my own thinking. ::3: I've been wanting to for some time now actually as my beliefs were contradicting each other.

I believe that there is no "self" for us to have, it's all just synapses, responses, reactions, emotions, etc. But, when it came to trans stuff I would separate the mind from the body despite having a belief that essentially contradicts that. But I couldn't figure any other way to explain it... Thanks to what you said I now have a way. ::3: Of course I'm not just doing this because I want those beliefs to mesh well, I wouldn't adapt it into my thinking if I didn't honestly agree with it/if it didn't make that much sense to me. So it's kind of like you just gave me clarity. ::3: Thanks for the help. :smile:

As for her I think that she should be denied the surgery if she ends up wanting to get it. Heck I hope that her transition is all via non-official channels because I don't think someone who thinks like that is really all that certain about their own... Uhh... "Self." (I need a new word to describe that which fits with my beliefs. O_o: :;: ) I admit though that a lot of that desire just me wanting to establish my own beliefs as absolute - even though there's no way I can be certain they're absolutely correct. lol
Ahh, my damn ego. ::3:
ImageImage
ShadeC4
I live my life as I feel

Return to The Weeping Corner