Galvatron

The Weeping Corner, go to it.

Galvatron

Postby ShadeC4 » Mon May 03, 2010 4:17 pm

Your thing about Axer in your Classics story got me on this...

Waiting around in a pool of lava for weeks/months just made Galvatron insane. I stand by this line of thinking to the bitter end. I say its things forced him to become insane, not he was insane by default. I prefer thinking of him as the actually competent Megatron, but that, due to circumstances, he was made insane against his will. So it literally is just that he needs some stuff fixed in his head. The lava took that long to damage that small of an area, but it was a major are, thus, yeah. No doubt his joints & such also suffered their own share of minimal damage...

In other series I've seen Galvatron be in, there tends to also be other physical damages you can chalk his insanity up to. Like in IDW. He's dead... & eventually gets that "evil" version of the Matrix in him. In fact, he was competent & sane up till that. Even after that, he's not so off his rocker, just more of a fanatic about his beliefs.

So, yes. Galvatron: Not naturally insane.
ImageImage
ShadeC4
I live my life as I feel

Re: Galvatron

Postby Skids » Mon May 03, 2010 10:09 pm

Actually, this is canon!

From the Wiki:
Some allusion is made to Galvatron's former life as Megatron. While the Torkulons attempt to lobotomize the Decepticon leader, he states that they have "no right" to change what he is, to which the Torkulon Doctor replies "You have already been changed, that's the problem." On the other hand, this could also be taken to mean the change away from his saner personality from the movie. Speaking of which...
The Torkuli diagnose Galvatron's madness as being caused by a plasma accident, such as his plasma bath in "Five Faces of Darkness".

Also, when he'd have his insane fits, his head would start to spark (in various episodes), which showed his brain malfunction.

I actually just got season 3; looking forward to seeing it all the way through. I still love that they got away with having the Autobot leader be a sarcastic jerk and the Decepticon leader be completely insane. Magnus and Cyclonus feel like the real statesmen on each side!
Skids
You are my friend, aren't you?

Postby ShadeC4 » Mon May 03, 2010 10:21 pm

Yeah, that's something I forgot about... The sparks. They were further proof of it being something physical, not just a state of his personality. You'd think that, at least out of the GeeWunners I'd encountered, they'd be more anal about it than I am... Guess I just prefer my Galvatron sane. Woulda loved to see what a sane Galvatron would do to Rodimus... Guess they had to give Rodimus SOME handicap over Galvatron. :P
ImageImage
ShadeC4
I live my life as I feel

Postby Transypoo » Tue May 04, 2010 1:20 am

Yeah, that's what I would think happened. Also the voice change, he could have swallowed some plasma.
Transypoo
It's fine. It's fine!

Postby ShadeC4 » Tue May 04, 2010 7:42 am

That I can take as "Hasbro can't afford to keep paying Nimoy," but it, too, is still a good reasoning for in continuity. I more just get ticked at the fans who go on about how Galvatron was always insane... I feel like asking them if they actually watched the movie. :glanceright: :;:
ImageImage
ShadeC4
I live my life as I feel

Postby ShadeC4 » Tue Jan 11, 2011 6:14 pm

ImageImage
ShadeC4
I live my life as I feel

Postby Transypoo » Wed Jan 12, 2011 1:38 am

The way Generations is playing out, never say never.
Transypoo
It's fine. It's fine!

Postby ShadeC4 » Fri Jan 14, 2011 10:42 pm

I'm partly doing that so they WILL make a toy of him. lol Google searches run through here so it may help to make interest in such come to the forefront. :smile2:

It'd also be really awesome if they included upgrade parts to turn him from Super Megatron into Ultra Megatron (Super on left, Ultra on right). Considering how similar their bodies are it just seems like they could fudge a few things (forearms, forehead, shoulders, hip armor) include alternate lower legs, upper body armor/wing pack & arm cannon... The transformations also seem very similar so I don't think they'd need to alter much there if anything.
ImageImage
ShadeC4
I live my life as I feel

Postby Transypoo » Fri Jan 14, 2011 11:19 pm

Actual toy on the left, fan project upgrade on the right.

Actually, I'd like to see the 'upgrade' parts combine into a small jet that would fit inside of his tank mode. Or something.

Or maybe a built in 'siege mode' like the Giant Planet guys from Cybertron.
Transypoo
It's fine. It's fine!

Postby ShadeC4 » Sat Jan 15, 2011 6:41 am

Super Megatron transforms into a giant space gun (the thing below his feet). The weird space tank above Ultra Megatron is his alt mode only. So there's no tank mode to Super, only Ultra. lol I think they could get away with making Super Megatron accurate since he doesn't look like any actual gun & officially has big red thing on the end. (No orange cap ftw.) Though I somehow doubt they'd make him totally accurate. Well, if they bothered to take into account Ultra Megatron. If they left Ultra out then they'd probably just make him totally accurate.

I guess short form: Super Megatron is like the Megatron version of Shockwave.
ImageImage
ShadeC4
I live my life as I feel

Return to The Weeping Corner