Guess who's back? Back again?

The Weeping Corner, go to it.

Re: Guess who's back? Back again?

Postby ShadeC4 » Wed Jul 28, 2010 2:32 pm

My PC's showing signs of issues again so it's on its way out guaranteed. I just got the checkdsk issue when booting up today so it's getting really bad. Oh well at least now I know it's not the harddrive. I'm just curious what it is... A possible culprit is my WinXP disc as it's scratched. I aim to go to where I bought the whole system from (they give all the discs & everything for the computer along with building the thing) & see if I can't at least get a burnt copy of WinXP. A disc that is not scratched in other words...

*shrugs* Whatever this issue is I kinda like that it's giving me a perfect excuse to replace all these things.
ImageImage
ShadeC4
I live my life as I feel

Postby ShadeC4 » Thu Sep 02, 2010 4:04 am

Yup. PC crapped out again. & my mother's just asking for some real emotional issues from me. :-_-:
ImageImage
ShadeC4
I live my life as I feel

Postby ShadeC4 » Fri May 27, 2011 8:52 am

You know what the issue with my system was? A user error. I.e. I did something to cause it to mess up like that.

On drives you have the option to enable compression if you want. I thought it would be a good way to save some space. Well apparently that's not a good idea because it makes the files too small for the computer to read. Besides it doesn't even compress them that much. You save only a tiny, miniscule shred of space rendering it a useless option.
ImageImage
ShadeC4
I live my life as I feel

Postby Transypoo » Fri May 27, 2011 11:33 pm

Huh. Then why ever have it as an option? To make people call IT?
Transypoo
It's fine. It's fine!

Postby ShadeC4 » Sun May 29, 2011 2:58 am

Sounds like it. Sounds like a trap to get you to spend more money than you need to. I ended up not spending too much thankfully but I still spent over a hundred (prolly closer to $200) before finally realizing to not use that option. It wasn't till this self employed tech guy was having a look at it that it finally dawned on me that was possibly causing the issue. When I mentioned it to him he pretty much confirmed it to me & explained the whole "it makes the files too small/broken to read" thing. After I disabled it I've had little to no issues. What issues have happened since are no doubt because I had it on for a time.

Whatever... I hope for the day Macs are also standard for computer gaming. Or that someone actually figures a way to make them able to read PC games.
Last edited by ShadeC4 on Mon May 30, 2011 7:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImage
ShadeC4
I live my life as I feel

Postby Transypoo » Mon May 30, 2011 12:36 am

I'm sure they probably already have, it just takes some jiggering.
Transypoo
It's fine. It's fine!

Postby ShadeC4 » Mon May 30, 2011 7:28 pm

If there is I don't think it's common. But I haven't gone looking for such before so..
ImageImage
ShadeC4
I live my life as I feel

Postby ShadeC4 » Mon Jun 13, 2011 2:58 pm

So I got a new video card for my birthday but, when it was installed, it dominated my system. I was told I could still use my old one till I set up the new one but nope.
When I connected the HDMI cable to my HDTV I got no signal. Took me a week to finally find something through Google that helped. Turns out it has 2 different kinds of DVI ports. It came with a DVI to VGA adapter but I apparently had it connected to the DVI port that doesn't accept VGA adapters. So I got it all set up & am now running a dual monitor set up. :O_^
ImageImage
ShadeC4
I live my life as I feel

Previous

Return to The Weeping Corner