[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4758: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4759: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4760: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
The Playhouse! • View topic - Guess who's back? Back again?

Guess who's back? Back again?

The Weeping Corner, go to it.

Guess who's back? Back again?

Postby ShadeC4 » Sun Feb 21, 2010 11:34 pm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YVkUvmDQ3HY

Got hit with a major virus that caused several of WinXP's files to become corrupted and thus deleted once I ran a boot-scan. Finally dawned on me to use the "Use last known good configuration" option, so now I'm just running on a corrupted WinXP with no virus... Till I get stuff to back my files up to and bother reformatting this thing.

I'm thinking that I may free up enough space first, though, then create a partition, install WinXP to it and move everything over to that partition, simply deleting this one after I have everything over... But that still probably requires backing things up, so I probably won't and will just go for back up then reformat.
ImageImage
ShadeC4
I live my life as I feel

Postby ShadeC4 » Tue Feb 23, 2010 1:53 am

Virus is still here (which makes sense, now that I think about it, as the last known good config keeps the virus in it), so I can't really have my PC hooked up to the net... It is right now, but this is temporary. Needed to message someone, so figured I might as well update here, too, while I was at it. I do turn off my modem when I'm staying on a page for any notable amount of time.
ImageImage
ShadeC4
I live my life as I feel

Postby ShadeC4 » Sun Mar 28, 2010 2:55 pm

At last I'm back... Now I can again annoy you all with my inconsistencies, self contradictories, hypocrisies and so on and so forth and dramatic.
ImageImage
ShadeC4
I live my life as I feel

Postby Transypoo » Sun Mar 28, 2010 6:01 pm

It's been quite around here with out you!
Transypoo
It's fine. It's fine!

Postby ShadeC4 » Sun Mar 28, 2010 9:46 pm

ImageImage
ShadeC4
I live my life as I feel

Postby Transypoo » Sun Mar 28, 2010 11:15 pm

Transypoo
It's fine. It's fine!

Postby ShadeC4 » Mon Mar 29, 2010 11:20 am

ImageImage
ShadeC4
I live my life as I feel

Postby ShadeC4 » Tue Apr 06, 2010 6:48 pm

Well my PC is now in desparate need of repairs... I ran a virus check on it and all and it apparently is not viral (not a reference to Transypoo). I probably did something like fry the backup memory again... (Within my first year of having it, I did that. xD ) So I'm without PC again. It'll be going in on about Thursday, though I'll be out of town due going off to BC (my grandfather passed away in February, the service is this weekend).

So, yeah. I'll also get my old 200gb HDD installed as a slave drive at the same time (which I should have had done when I had the 320gb installed).
ImageImage
ShadeC4
I live my life as I feel

Re: Guess who's back? Back again?

Postby ShadeC4 » Tue Jun 15, 2010 2:16 am

When the 200 gb HDD was installed it apparently only slowed my computer down so they ended up leaving it in there but not connected. Then my main HDD kept effing up because, of course, it's messed up despite the apparently moronic tech guy who says it isn't. So, rather than run circles, I just had it sent in to be replaced. It's still under warranty, so, yeah. The company may determine there's nothing wrong with it, though, & send it back with me having to pay both the bill for shipping & the cost of a new harddrive.

Oh. When I took my comp in to get the HDD sent off I also had them take out the 200 gb HDD & just do whatever with it. It has a bad sector so they may as well just junk it. So right now I have a computer with absolutely no harddrive in it & am waiting on the call to say either a replacement has been sent or I have to pay shipping costs. If the company's thorough AND smart they'll realize that it's damaged in an irreparable way. For now, though, all I can do is hope. & wait...
ImageImage
ShadeC4
I live my life as I feel

Postby Transypoo » Tue Jun 15, 2010 2:19 pm

Yipes, that sucks. Hopefully they'll respect the warranty. I swear some times they test these things out and make the warranty one year short of it breaking... or design it to break on year 11 or something.
Transypoo
It's fine. It's fine!

Postby ShadeC4 » Tue Jun 15, 2010 5:03 pm

I got a 5 year long warranty on it. It's only been, like, 2 years. lol So I'm laughing in that regard... It's only if they for whatever reason think there's nothing wrong with it. No doubt, though, if they're having it for this long it means they know there's something up with it. I know because of how it worked for me from a full reformat: Ok for a few days then things start corrupting. About a week later it's in full, constant corruption. Whatever's up with it can't be detected by conventional means. It worked fine for just under 2 years then started messing up so that rules out physical damage as I don't open my PC. (It was built by a local copmpany separate from the company that made the HDD.) It might be a virus that got into the parts of the harddrive that a reformat doesn't cover - such as the boot sector. Everything I read on that, though, said to do things that I wasn't willing to do by that point in time. I'd already been dealing with it messing up for months. I was & am irritated by it.
ImageImage
ShadeC4
I live my life as I feel

Postby ShadeC4 » Tue Jun 15, 2010 5:11 pm

When I get a replacement or new one I'm going to Linux. It messing up like this has caused me to become utterly sick & tired of Windows' lack of security. I researched it all so I'm even aware of why Macs are far safer than Windows based computers. Linux is safer than that, though, & is no doubt cheaper. I'll put Windows XP on a 30 gb partition & Linux on another 30 gb partition. The rest will be storage space for my files & all. I'll then only use XP when I have to. An OS newer than WinXP isn't needed for the kinds of things I do. That's why this comp is just gonna have some very minor upgrades. I do want a new PC to use ALONG WITH this one, but that one will be decked out & designed just for gaming as that'll be all it's used for.

Pardon the double post, PS3 forces a character limit that I'm not used to.
ImageImage
ShadeC4
I live my life as I feel

Postby ShadeC4 » Sun Jul 25, 2010 1:23 am

Well now is the waiting to see if it stays working... If it does then it's time to start on Linux. I tell you, though... It's nice to not have my posts limited to only so many characters. Now I can fit everything in a single post! :happy4: Well for as long as this HDD works... :glanceright: :;:

Side note: Should figure a way to let us post smilies side by side again so we don't have this random floating sweatdrop off to the sides of heads. ._<
ImageImage
ShadeC4
I live my life as I feel

Postby Transypoo » Sun Jul 25, 2010 11:23 am

Yeah, I can't even fathom how to begin fixing that... best I could do is finish the out line around the drop to make it less weird.
Transypoo
It's fine. It's fine!

Postby ShadeC4 » Sun Jul 25, 2010 2:55 pm

I think that would be for the best given the circumstances. I seriously don't get why they took that away... It seems absolutely pointless to me.
ImageImage
ShadeC4
I live my life as I feel

Next

Return to The Weeping Corner