Let's play a game!

Re: What You're Playing Now 2

Postby Matrix3 » Tue Apr 17, 2018 10:16 pm

Just three more days and I will be playing God of War. :smile2:
Matrix3
Lord of the Wanderers

Postby Transypoo » Thu Apr 19, 2018 6:33 pm

Alright, finished Assassin's Creed 4: Black Flag, and I really like the pirating! Sailing is relaxing. Attacking ships is fun! But all the Assassin's Creed nonsense just detracted from it, and figuring that I avoided the plot where I could, I ended up doing a lot of that junk right at the end. So it kinda balanced out at the end there. Like, I was tired of playing it when it ended.
Transypoo
It's fine. It's fine!

Postby Beastbot » Fri Apr 27, 2018 3:13 pm

Now on the PS3 I'm playing LEGO The Hobbit. Kinda weird that they only did the first 2 of the 3 movies, but whatevs, it's a LEGO game collect-a-thon, I love it. It's much like LEGO Lord of the Rings in that you've got a big overworld map with a bunch of "side quests" in between levels, but now you can also mine and collect different materials to make things in addition to just collecting LEGO studs.
Last updated July 14th
Current Transformers Total: 4,192
Beastbot
Slimy yet Satisfying

Postby Transypoo » Tue May 01, 2018 9:27 pm

Played through Portal 2, very fun, had some trouble working out a couple of puzzles.

Now, I'm back to War for Cybertron. And I figured something out about this game... I had the lighting set too low! Last time it was super hard to discern where the enemies were, where to go, what I was supposed to be doing. But I turned up the contrast in the game, and everything is really clear now. So, yay.
"Yes, Breakdown, your constant whining saw us through."
Transypoo
It's fine. It's fine!

Postby Matrix3 » Wed May 02, 2018 10:08 pm

Just beat of God of War this past weekend. Took about 20 hours to beat the game unless you do the extra quests which would make it longer. It had some light rpg elements, has an open world that you can explore and has a over the shoulder camera unlike the past games. The story was interesting and leaves it open for a sequel. Any how it was a fun game and had an interesting story.
Matrix3
Lord of the Wanderers

Postby Transypoo » Mon May 14, 2018 12:31 pm

I'm watching a play through of God of War, it looks really good.

I finished both War for Cybertron, and Fall of Cybertron, now that I'm better at aiming it's pretty cool... still-still playing on easy though. And I still run out of ammo and have to sometimes let my compatriots do the fighting for me until I can find more.

I still prefer War for's Optimus and Megatron designs.

Anyways, I'm on the Breath of the Wild DLC now. Jeez, this is difficult. There's some other stuff, but mostly it's "Do this with little health!"
Transypoo
It's fine. It's fine!

Postby Beastbot » Sun May 20, 2018 2:07 am

Now on the PS3 I'm playing Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time. There hasn't been a new Sly game since PS2, I love getting back into the combination stealth/platformer series. That said, I played Sly 3 so long ago I've forgotten some of the plot points they sort of assume you remember. This game is made by Sanzaru, which has made several platformer-esque games, and did this game mostly because they really loved Sly and wanted to give him another game-- which I applaud, but I wish Sony's "main studios" would go back and release some NEW games for their "old" mascot-platformer-style games, as opposed to just remastering them over and over again. I want new Jak & Daxter, non-Skylander Spyro, and Crash Bandicoot games... it's been way too darn long. I hate that all their AAA developers keep working on more and more "adult"/shooter games. I tend not to like those as much.
Last updated July 14th
Beastbot
Slimy yet Satisfying

Postby Beastbot » Sun Jun 24, 2018 1:05 am

After spending a few days playing Monster Jam: Battlegrounds-- a kinda glitchy, low-budget game that nonetheless has some appeal in its insanity-- I'm now playing Batman: Arkham Origins on the PS3. As you'd expect, it's much like Batman: Arkham City, though the story seems more simplistic and the collectibles aren't as "exciting" to get. Still a fun game, though.
Last updated July 14th
Beastbot
Slimy yet Satisfying

Postby Matrix3 » Sun Jul 01, 2018 7:29 am

Now playing Prey. It is a interesting game as it has a mystery and monsters that can shape shift into items (ex. coffee mugs, chairs and etc.) which makes you paranoid.
Matrix3
Lord of the Wanderers

Postby Transypoo » Thu Jul 19, 2018 6:30 pm

I'm on The Sims 4. ...It feels more like a re-skin of The Sims 2 than a sequel to 3, but it runs a heck of a lot smoother.
Transypoo
It's fine. It's fine!

Postby Beastbot » Thu Jul 26, 2018 11:08 am

After playing the short land-sculpting "god game" From Dust on the PS3, now I'm playing GRID 2, a fairly realistic pro-street racing game. Codemasters makes the best racing games, as they don't "cheat" with rubberbanding AI and they always give you several difficulties so you can select how hard YOU want the game to be.
Last updated July 14th
Beastbot
Slimy yet Satisfying

Postby Matrix3 » Sat Aug 11, 2018 5:58 pm

Being playing New Horizon Zero Dawn. The plot is about a female character named Aloy who is in a quest to find answers about her past and what caused the destruction of civilization and why hostile robot animals are roaming the earth. I like the game mechanic that requires you to harvest parts to make arrows, health potions and etc. Any way I recommend it.
Matrix3
Lord of the Wanderers

Postby Beastbot » Thu Aug 16, 2018 1:58 am

After spending a few days playing the Mayan-like "Metroidvania" title Outland on the PS3, I'm now taking a break from the Playstation and am playing The Book of Unwritten Tales on the PC. A nice humorous point-and-click inventory-combining adventure game in a fantasy world. The solutions also aren't as obtuse as they usually are in these kinds of games, which is mostly a plus for me (the only downside being that the solutions aren't quite as funny, either).
Last updated July 14th
Beastbot
Slimy yet Satisfying

Postby Beastbot » Sun Sep 02, 2018 1:39 am

After spending a couple days playing 3D Ultra Minigolf Adventures-- pretty much exactly what you'd expect from the title-- now on the PC I'm playing The Banner Saga 2, the 2nd in a trilogy of games about a sort of Viking mythology apocalypse with a pretty somber tone and some excellent art. It's about half turn-based strategy battles, half Oregon Trail-esque survival game.
Last updated July 14th
Beastbot
Slimy yet Satisfying

Postby Matrix3 » Sat Sep 08, 2018 9:46 pm

Just started to play the PS4 exclusive Spider-Man. I got the collectors edition with the statue which I can not look at till I have beaten the game as it is a spoiler. So for it is fun but a little difficult in the swinging mechanics but once I get used to it then it would not be an issue.
Matrix3
Lord of the Wanderers

PreviousNext

Return to The Arcade