[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4758: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4759: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4760: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
The Playhouse! • View topic - What You're Playing Now 2

What You're Playing Now 2

Let's play a game!

Re: What You're Playing Now 2

Postby Beastbot » Sat Sep 09, 2017 2:11 am

After spending a few days playing Echochrome-- a pretty inventiful Escher-esque puzzle game, if a bit inconsistent in how its rules are applied-- now I'm playing Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning on the PS3, a really nice sprawling open-world RPG, though with more of a third-person combo-style way of attacking then, say, Skyrim. Areas are also a bit more gated so you don't accidentally run into monsters that are a lot tougher than you can handle without you knowing about it. Lots of fun so far-- looks like I'm going to be playing this one for quite a while.
Last updated March 5th
Current Transformers Total: 4,549
Beastbot
Slimy yet Satisfying

Postby Beastbot » Tue Dec 12, 2017 2:48 am

At long last finished that monster of a game Kingdoms of Amalur (VERY awesome, BTW), then played a neat downloadable ship shooter/puzzle game (with teleporting!) called Velocity Ultra, and now I'm on DiRT Showdown. Unlike the previous DiRT games, this one is less of a realistic Rally racing game and more of a demolition derby with some destructive arcadey racing mixed in. I wish the environments weren't so small and not so much was borrowed from DiRT 3-- this definitely had a smaller budget than the previous games in the series-- but it's still a lot of fun, though it looks like it's going to be a bit short for a racing game.
Last updated March 5th
Beastbot
Slimy yet Satisfying

Postby Beastbot » Fri Dec 22, 2017 5:37 pm

Now I'm playing the LEGO movie videogame on the PS3-- usual LEGO collect-a-thon style of gaming, plus movie clips! Loving it, as I do with all LEGO games with this style of play.

On the 3DS, I'm now playing Mario Golf: World Tour. Your usual well-done golf game, but with insane stuff like bombs and underwater courses. This is what I wish more golf games would incorporate; take advantage of the fact that it's not real!
Last updated March 5th
Beastbot
Slimy yet Satisfying

Postby Transypoo » Fri Dec 29, 2017 2:39 pm

You might like Golf Story then. I haven't played it myself, but I hear good things about it. Sort of a RPG-fusion.

I finally finished the last Side quest in Breath of the Wild. Didn't find all the Koroks, but I know there's a mask in the DLC that'll help. Gunna get that at some point.
Transypoo
It's fine. It's fine!

Postby Beastbot » Thu Jan 04, 2018 5:13 pm

Last updated March 5th
Beastbot
Slimy yet Satisfying

Postby Matrix3 » Sat Jan 06, 2018 11:31 pm

Now playing Marvel Lego Heroes 2. Fun game full of characters we know and some that you might not.
Matrix3
Lord of the Wanderers

Postby Beastbot » Mon Jan 08, 2018 3:51 pm

Hey Matrix, I'm assuming they fixed the bugs in that? That WAS on my "To Buy" list, but all the reviews I read about it said it was so bug-ridden it was nigh-unplayable.

Anyways, now on the PS3 I'm playing The Amazing Spider-Man, a sort of "epilogue" to the movie but actually way more impressive than the movie with a ridiculous amount of destruction done to Manhattan. Like, hey, want to fight a giant robotic worm the size of a skyscraper that burrows under the city and re-emerges at several points, which would likely IRL collapse half the city and kill millions? Have at it! This game is insane, but in a good way. Also LOADS of collectibles-- like 700 comic pages you have to find, but that unlock actual full comics! (Once you find 500 your "Spider Sense" pings the rest on your radar so it doesn't become too ridiculous to find them all.)
Last updated March 5th
Beastbot
Slimy yet Satisfying

Postby Transypoo » Mon Jan 08, 2018 6:24 pm

Transypoo
It's fine. It's fine!

Postby Matrix3 » Tue Jan 09, 2018 8:16 am

Beastbot as far as I can tell they have as I only encountered about 3 bugs.
Matrix3
Lord of the Wanderers

Postby Matrix3 » Sat Jan 27, 2018 11:32 pm

Beat Lego Marvel Heroes 2 so now I am in Digimon Story: Cyber Sleuth - Hacker's Memory. This game is a sequel to Digimon Story: Cyber Sleuth however the events in it happen concurrent to the first game so you will see some familiar locations, meet people and see some events from the first game. I find this kind of interesting since I have not seen something like this done in a game before.
Matrix3
Lord of the Wanderers

Postby Beastbot » Sun Feb 04, 2018 12:29 am

After playing the fun-but-short isometric Mario Kart-like BlazeRush racing game, I'm taking a break from the PS3 and am playing Divinity: Original Sin on the PC. It's an isometric RPG that's real-time normally, but turn-based in combat. It's quite inventive in how you can approach battle (i.e., make it rain on some enemies below you, forming a puddle, then fire a fire arrow into the puddle to create steam, then shoot a lightning bolt into the steam cloud to electrify anyone in it), but rather slow-paced. That and the inventory management is a bit daft, but the story is catchy and it's all rather addictive.
Last updated March 5th
Beastbot
Slimy yet Satisfying

Postby Beastbot » Thu Mar 15, 2018 11:19 pm

Now I'm playing Goodbye Deponia on Steam, the last of the Deponia trilogy of "point/click/combine inventory" style puzzle-adventure games. (Though they did make a fourth one because of its popularity.) It's pretty good and still pretty funny and weird, though they're noticeably more crass in this entry, which isn't appreciated.
Last updated March 5th
Beastbot
Slimy yet Satisfying

Postby Transypoo » Mon Mar 19, 2018 11:35 pm

Haven't updated here in a while. I did all that I could in Mario Odyssey, I like that the story ended before it got insanely hard.

A while back TRU had Shadow of Mordor for $3, so I got it and after playing it a while gave up on it. It's okay, I like the system where enemies that kill you get go up in rank. But there's so much going on I just don't care about. Didn't hold my interest.

So I played Soul Caliber 5 a little more, I'm told there's a fighting game in there, but mostly I just make characters.

But I went to the local Half Price Books and got Assassin's Creed 4(?) Black Flag, because pirates! And Portal 2.

Playing Black Flag for now, liking it a lot, I am BAD at combat, but hey, it's fun and I like the setting. The future (past, now) bits are... unnecessary? Running around the city reminds me of Infamous. Been singing Parkour-man. Always a good time. (Yes, my fist Assassin's Creed game, this is the only one I've had any interest in.)
Transypoo
It's fine. It's fine!

Postby Beastbot » Sun Mar 25, 2018 1:47 am

After playing a short little free platform game called You Have to Win the Game, now I'm back on the PS3 and playing Tomb Raider (the 2013 reboot). Entirely by coincidence, actually-- I purchased it within a year of when it came out, but it just happened to be in my "stack" next and I got to it less than a week after the movie based on the game came out! The game is quite good, being rather "Uncharted-esque" in its gameplay with a mix of platforming and shooting and a few unique cinematic sequences, but a bit more "Batman Arkham Asylum" in how you traverse the environment, with everything being interconnected and you being able to go back and get collectibles you missed earlier on with tricks you pick up as the game moves on. The story is quite intriguing, as well.
Last updated March 5th
Beastbot
Slimy yet Satisfying

Postby Beastbot » Thu Apr 12, 2018 2:58 pm

Now I'm playing Need for Speed: Most Wanted (the 2012 re-do) on the PS3. It's pretty darned awesome-- they pretty much did away with any story, just slowly work your way up to take down the 10 most wanted cars. Some of the chases w/ cops can get really intense. I also love how almost the whole game is available to you at the start, it's just a matter of finding it all; there's 41 cars hidden around the entire city, find them and you unlock them and can switch to them anytime you're not in an actual event. Each car has 6 races available, and each handles noticeably differently.
Last updated March 5th
Beastbot
Slimy yet Satisfying

PreviousNext

Return to The Arcade