[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4758: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4759: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4760: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
The Playhouse! • View topic - What You're Playing Now 2

What You're Playing Now 2

Let's play a game!

Re: What You're Playing Now 2

Postby Transypoo » Sun Oct 25, 2015 3:57 pm

Playing Mass Effect 2.

I'm only a bart of the way in an' I'm getting FoC flash backs. Still suck at shooting, but I'm here for the story. (Also I spent an hour making Shepard's face just right.)
Transypoo
It's fine. It's fine!

Postby Beastbot » Sun Oct 25, 2015 8:14 pm

Ha, I just used the default face. :smile2:

And hey, isn't the Casual/Easy difficulty just swell for guys like us? (I stink pretty bad at shooters too.)
Last updated March 5th
Current Transformers Total: 4,549
Beastbot
Slimy yet Satisfying

Postby Transypoo » Mon Oct 26, 2015 12:54 pm

Yes! It occurred to me after I killed a heavy unit today that standing up against him and blasting him in the face might not have been the best strategy.

I went with female Shepard and have been plaything her as a though as nails warrior that doesn't always take the most direct approach, and always keeps her word. (Also, always keeps an eye out for the grunts) So in one situation the easiest approach was to NOT kill anyone and let the bad guys go.

I've decided that next time I play I'm going to make male Shepard as much of a dingbat as I can.
Transypoo
It's fine. It's fine!

Postby Beastbot » Mon Oct 26, 2015 2:20 pm

I will say, being someone who's played through all 3 Mass Effect games and having a brother who's also played through all 3 and often gone down different paths-- unfortunately the decisions don't mean as much as you think they would, at points. As far as the impact of your decisions go, the various branching paths may depart quite a bit during some missions in the middle of the game-- and of course on the rare occasion that you make a decision where someone dies, that's irreversible-- but the paths pretty much always come back together with only minor differences by the game's end, probably so they didn't have to make the subsequent games so different at each one's beginning. You'll get some changed dialogue, some references to what you did earlier here and there, but the experience is probably about 90-95% the same. I say this just in case you're expecting future playthroughs to be mostly completely new experiences; if you're fine with what I've said, then by all means have fun, just tempering your expectations a little.

As for me, I just always made the decisions I would have in real life when I played through. (Which usually ended up being ~80% Paragon, 20% Renegade).
Last updated March 5th
Beastbot
Slimy yet Satisfying

Postby Transypoo » Tue Oct 27, 2015 1:48 am

Wow, my last post was weird, and at one point I said the exact opposite of what I meant. Weird, weird.

To me it's the difference between say, this Shepard not really asking too many questions. Give me the information so I get on with it. Go, go! Kill that guy, swab that deck. Who are you? What do you do? Did I say I wanted your life story? No. Damn right I'm going to inspect the men's room. I need to know this ship like the back of my hand.

-vs.-

Hey, what's this? How's that work. C'mone guys, let's dance! What's this button do?! Eh, you tried to kill me, it's fine, whatever! OH! A shiny!

It's more of a mind set, and my own internal narrative for the character.
Transypoo
It's fine. It's fine!

Postby Beastbot » Sat Oct 31, 2015 12:26 am

Now I'm on LEGO Lord of the Rings on the PS3. It follows the basic puzzle/light fighting/collect-a-thon gameplay of the other LEGO games, but there's a large open Middle Earth world outside of the "core levels", with little secrets and side quests hidden everywhere! I'm loving the new "overworld", and your ability to simply walk from The Shire to Mordor if you so desire.
Last updated March 5th
Beastbot
Slimy yet Satisfying

Postby Matrix3 » Fri Nov 13, 2015 10:04 pm

Being playing MGS V:The Phantom Pain since it came out. There is a lot to do besides the main game.
Matrix3
Lord of the Wanderers

Postby Beastbot » Fri Nov 20, 2015 1:22 am

On the PS3, I'm now playing inFamous 2. A lot like the first inFamous, in being a third person platformer/combat/parkour type of thing. (A little disappointingly TOO much like the first, but still cool.) Lots of intriguing story threads showing up, it'll be interesting to see where they all lead. I'm playing Evil as first since it's easier (don't have to worry about hitting civilians), then I'll re-play the campaign as a Good guy.

On my 3DS, I'm now playing Batman Arkham Origins: Blackgate. Like the rest of the Arkham games in its playstyle, but 2-D, with your paths mostly laid out for you, which... takes a fair bit away from the enjoyability of the game, honestly, though it's still alright. Wish they'd give me a clue what to do in-game, I'm completely stuck as to how to proceed for the 2nd time in 3 hours...
Last updated March 5th
Beastbot
Slimy yet Satisfying

Postby Transypoo » Fri Nov 20, 2015 12:59 pm

Finished Mass Effect 2. (WOW!) I see what you mean BB, I guess, what I mean is next time I'll go more rogue.
This time round I played by a slightly skewed sense of morality. Mostly doing the right thing, making sure my team is alright. Siding with Jack, because it's better to have the psychopath on my side. But straight up just killing whomever was doing major wrong. I did get one of my favorite characters killed. Which sucked.

Now, I'm playing Bioshock. This is my first time playing a FPS, and so far I'm doing pretty well, I think. I like the hacking games, but sometimes they just straight up cheat on you. Actually, that's two game in a row with a hacking mechanic. Also the shoot and pick-a-weapon are reversed, so some times when I mean to shoot I end up cycling weapons at an enemy. Eh, I'll get use to it. Story wise it's very interesting. I refuse to harvest the Sisters, I want to save them, but I did harvest one by accident. Oops.
Transypoo
It's fine. It's fine!

Postby Beastbot » Fri Nov 20, 2015 9:04 pm

Last updated March 5th
Beastbot
Slimy yet Satisfying

Postby Transypoo » Fri Nov 20, 2015 10:41 pm

Not so funny now, are you Joker?

I picked Kasumi for the vents 'cause I felt she'd be best at slipping through unnoticed. And made the Justicar the B squad leader. Because Maranda wasn't that loyal, and heck send the cop.
Transypoo
It's fine. It's fine!

Postby Beastbot » Sat Nov 21, 2015 12:34 am

Ah, so you're a DLC guy. (I was like, "Who's Kasumi?" and had to look her up. I.... have no opinion on her.)
Last updated March 5th
Beastbot
Slimy yet Satisfying

Postby Transypoo » Sat Nov 21, 2015 12:46 am

Kasumi is DLC?! The only DLC I got was Zaeed, and only because he was free... OH OH! She comes on the disc for the PS3! She was one of my favorite characters. Next time I'm keeping her alive, that's for sure.

Looking into the DLC. Dang Overlord was an amazing mission! Now that I think about it is did seem kinda self contained. And The Shadow Broker was a cool Boss fight. The level reminded me of being on the Ark at the end of FoC.
Transypoo
It's fine. It's fine!

Postby Beastbot » Sat Nov 21, 2015 3:27 pm

Ah, okay, that makes sense then. I played Mass Effect 2 on someone else's Steam account on the PC, so no DLC at all for me.
Last updated March 5th
Beastbot
Slimy yet Satisfying

Postby Transypoo » Sat Nov 21, 2015 4:40 pm

Kasumi's loyalty mission is really fun too. It's more Jams Bond than the rest of the game. Short, but very interesting.
Transypoo
It's fine. It's fine!

PreviousNext

Return to The Arcade