What you're playing now

Let's play a game!

Re: What you're playing now

Postby Beastbot » Thu Jun 12, 2014 10:40 pm

Now I'm playing the downloadable title "Mad Riders" on the PS3. It's a wonderfully unrealistic motocross game with pretty wild jumps and a warped perspective, and it's quite fun, striking that fine balance between being too easy that you get bored with it and being frustrating.
Last updated March 5th
Current Transformers Total: 4,549
Beastbot
Slimy yet Satisfying

Postby Transypoo » Fri Jun 13, 2014 12:28 pm

I played Journey last night. My traveling partner for most of the game was a guy names Tojo, who showed me were many secrets were, and went out of his way to get me some trophies that I didn't know existed. It's actually amazing how much can be communicated with just blips.
Transypoo
It's fine. It's fine!

Postby Matrix3 » Sat Jun 14, 2014 2:24 pm

Now playing Infamous Second Son.
Matrix3
Lord of the Wanderers

Postby Beastbot » Mon Jun 30, 2014 10:26 pm

Now on the PS3 I'm playing Transformers: Rise of the Dark Spark. Y'know, this is actually a pretty good game, particularly for a movie game. Yeah, the graphics are step down from WfC and FoC-- particularly in the Movie/Earth levels-- and the story's incredibly straightforward, and there's no PvP multiplayer. That said, they've built upon WfC/FoC's incredibly solid gameplay mechanics and foundation, and I like how you unlock different levels of "packs" that contain random upgrades and characters as you complete mini-challenges. Escalation is still just as solid as FoC's as well-- it may not be incredibly outstanding like High Moon's two "Cybertron" games, but it's still a darned fun game, and has a surprisingly long campaign for a shooter game.
Last updated March 5th
Beastbot
Slimy yet Satisfying

Postby Matrix3 » Wed Jul 02, 2014 5:41 pm

Cool as I was worried since I heard it got bad reviews.
Matrix3
Lord of the Wanderers

Postby Beastbot » Wed Jul 02, 2014 7:18 pm

Sometimes I honestly think the movie games get bad reviews because the reviewers hate Bay's movies and just can NOT bring themselves to give a good score to anything dealing with the movie-verse. Again, don't go into this thing thinking it's the greatest thing since sliced bread-- it's definitely not perfect, and there are a few glitches here and there-- but particularly for a movie game, it's pretty fun. I'd give it a solid B-. The only *main console* version of any of the TF movie games I thought was outright bad was TF1's.
Last updated March 5th
Beastbot
Slimy yet Satisfying

Postby Transypoo » Sat Jul 05, 2014 9:21 pm

Played some of Transformers Universe. It's really pretty. I played one round where I managed to avoid combat the entire round and just admired the scenery. But the second game I went into the Autobots were too aggressive and kept killing me. Hunting me down, and killing me. Stupid Autobots. All I wanted to do was take a leisurely drive and admire all the little details in the map. Look, I'm a noncombatative! Stop shooting me! Stop hunting me down and shooting me to death!

So, in short, this reminds me why I don't like to play these games. I actually had a lot of fun in the turorial driving around and jumping off platforms and running into cars. Exploring the map. I'm an explorer by nature, not a fighter.
Transypoo
It's fine. It's fine!

Postby Matrix3 » Sun Jul 06, 2014 12:09 pm

Now I am playing TF: RoDS and just like Beastbot said it is fun despite its graphical look compared to the War for Cybertron games. Speaking of which I am at the end of the game and I liked how the cybertron sections actually appears to not conflict with the timeline setup by the High Moon guys. After this I plan to play Amazing Spider Man 2.
Matrix3
Lord of the Wanderers

Postby Beastbot » Sun Jul 06, 2014 11:42 pm

Let me know how Amazing Spider-Man 2 plays for ya, Matrix3-- I'm wobbling on it but you and I seem to often have similar tastes in games, so give me an honest opinion once you've played a good portion of it.

As for TF Universe-- yeah, I think I might play it on-and-off now and then once it gets out of beta mostly to see what it's like, but I don't think I'll be a regular player, much less spend money on it. Ever since they took the MMO aspect out of it that just sorta killed it for me. I want to customize my own TF, not pick from a big roster of unknowns... Hope I'm surprised in good way, though.
Last updated March 5th
Beastbot
Slimy yet Satisfying

Postby Matrix3 » Sat Jul 19, 2014 11:15 pm

So I am half way thru Amazing Spider-Man 2. At first swinging was a problem until you get the hang of it. However it does have its problems such as the AI and graphics being glitchy some times, the camera being a pain at times when you play and story is ok. This gives me the impression that the Beenox guys were pressured (as they tend to be) to release the game before the movie came out. Which does not make sense seeing as it appears to be loosely based on it. Any how I think it is an ok game besides the problems.
Matrix3
Lord of the Wanderers

Postby Beastbot » Fri Jul 25, 2014 10:48 pm

Thanks for the update, Matrix3; I'll probably get it on discount somewhere down the line.

As for myself, on the PS3 I'm not playing 3D Dot Game Heroes, a semi-humorous take on several old-school RPGs but with everyone made of 3D cubes instead of pixels. It's pretty cool, though a bit more frustrating than it needs to be at times.

On the DS I'm now playing Kirby: Mass Attack, a really fun, inventive game where you control up to 10 Kirbys at one time with the stylus. Lots of neat mini-games, too.
Last updated March 5th
Beastbot
Slimy yet Satisfying

Postby Beastbot » Wed Aug 06, 2014 12:00 am

On the PS3 I'm now playing a downloadable game called Worms Crazy Golf. A nice 2-D golf game that's relatively relaxing-- you can go either to collect all of the coins or right to the green in each hole, and there's occasional nifty challenges to complete, too.
Last updated March 5th
Beastbot
Slimy yet Satisfying

Postby Beastbot » Tue Aug 19, 2014 11:35 am

Now I'm off the PS3 for a while and on the PC, playing Mass Effect 3. Pretty good game like the others, though I find the story a bit weaker this time (we seriously have THIS much time to stop the Reapers? Shouldn't they be absolutely unstoppable?).
Last updated March 5th
Beastbot
Slimy yet Satisfying

Postby Transypoo » Tue Aug 19, 2014 1:32 pm

I'm playing through Kingdome Hearts.
Transypoo
It's fine. It's fine!

Postby Beastbot » Mon Sep 08, 2014 12:00 am

Now on the PC I'm playing Scribblenauts Unlimited. Has all of the Scribblenauts charm, and I'm glad there's actually somewhat of a story this time around, but most of the puzzles are way too easy. In many cases they practically give you the answer...
Last updated March 5th
Beastbot
Slimy yet Satisfying

PreviousNext

Return to The Arcade