What you're playing now

Let's play a game!

Re: What you're playing now

Postby Beastbot » Sat Dec 27, 2014 9:04 pm

Finished Naughty Bear on the PS3, and now I'm playing Enslaved: Odyssey to the West on the system. Very interesting platforming/melee combat hybrid game, and I love how they're slowly revealing the "rules" and background of the world as you go on. Didn't have any idea what was going on in Chapter 1, and now I'm in Chapter 4 (of 15) and am starting to understand the basics of the world, but not many specifics. The approach to slowly feeding you info is quite clever. The graphics are rather rough, though.
Last updated March 5th
Current Transformers Total: 4,549
Beastbot
Slimy yet Satisfying

Postby Transypoo » Sun Dec 28, 2014 10:58 pm

I've gone back to SoulCaliber V just unlocked a new guy, some kinda overpowered dude with stupid hair. Really I'm after custom fodder, but all I got was the guy's stupid hair...
Transypoo
It's fine. It's fine!

Postby Transypoo » Sun Jan 04, 2015 1:17 am

So, here's a new level of insanity... I can log into PSN on the internet on the Playstation, but the PS3 itself cannot. Still can't download the things I want to download, though.

Though the Playstation site says there's Heavy Traffic all the time. I mean, I am right next to a university, so maybe it's all those dang collage kids blocking up the service and stopping me from getting logged in.

Oh, and I found out you can schedule updates and downloads so I thought maybe I could set it for some time early in the AM, but you have to be able to log in to set it up! :maddest:

That being said, still playing Soul Caliber V. Thinking about trying the last of the games that came with Kingdom Hearts.

Also, I'm looking forward to that Godzilla game coming out soon.

Oh, Beastbot, which of the Transformers PS3 games would you recommend?
Transypoo
It's fine. It's fine!

Postby Beastbot » Sun Jan 04, 2015 4:26 pm

Fall of Cybertron is the best IMO, followed by War for Cybertron. Though since FoC depends so much on WfC in terms of story, you're better off buying the first and seeing if you like it. WfC also has campaign multiplayer, whereas FoC does not.
If you can get it on a pretty substantial discount, I'd recommend the Dark of the Moon game too (the story is a lead-up to DotM, not a copy of the movie's storyline itself). It's not nearly as much play value, but it's made by the same guys and uses the same play engine was WfC/FoC. This game came out in between WfC and FoC by High Moon Studios, and you can see they took some of the criticisms of the first to heart. Many of the TFs have rather different play styles-- with Ironhide you just blast everything, with Mirage/Dino there's substantial stealth sections, etc.

EDIT: Duh, can't believe I forgot THIS. In-depth reviews on my site:

http://www.angelfire.com/scifi/bbfortress/wfcps3.html

http://www.angelfire.com/scifi/bbfortress/dotmps3.html

http://www.angelfire.com/scifi/bbfortress/focps3.html
Last updated March 5th
Beastbot
Slimy yet Satisfying

Postby Transypoo » Mon Jan 05, 2015 2:52 pm

Ah! Cool! Thanks!
Transypoo
It's fine. It's fine!

Postby Beastbot » Sun Jan 11, 2015 12:35 am

Now I'm on Blur on the PS3, a racing game that's sort of like Mario Kart (power-ups that you can hurl at others, etc.), but with slightly more realistic handling and real cars. There's also secondary goals that accumulate you more "fans", which allow you to level up and unlock better cars. It's a great game so far!
Last updated March 5th
Beastbot
Slimy yet Satisfying

Postby Transypoo » Sun Jan 11, 2015 3:45 pm

I just watched the third "game" on the Kingdom Hearts disc, it's just the cutscenes. And some how only ended up with half, or 14% of the trophies. How is that possible, there's no game play?

Any how, I'm going to be starting War for Cybertron!
Transypoo
It's fine. It's fine!

Postby Transypoo » Sun Jan 11, 2015 11:18 pm

Alright, looked it up, all I had to do to get 100% on the KH sequel was "read" all the journal entries. So that's done.

Today's War for Cybertron gameplay was waiting for the download. yay. That opening cut scene though. Yo. Epic.
Transypoo
It's fine. It's fine!

Previous

Return to The Arcade