What You're Playing Now 2

Let's play a game!

Re: What You're Playing Now 2

Postby Beastbot » Sat Dec 22, 2018 11:48 pm

Matrix3 wrote:I beat the Darsiders 3 game so I can now say that I enjoyed the 2nd game more. The reason for this is due to the prior game having a big world to explore, you meet many interesting characters and it has a lot more rpg elements (my favorite). I am not saying the current game was bad as it was fun and had an interesting story however it was shorter than the previous game (It can be completed in about 20 Hrs), it did not have as many interesting characters and world does seem smaller but all of this is mostly due to the budgetary constraints. Another thing the game had is that it is one of the hardest games in the series as it uses Dark Souls game mechanics like dodging and countering enemy attacks which make it fun but it is not my cup of tea. I do hope it does well so a 4th game is made so we get to play as Strife and continue or end the story.

Hey Matrix3...

https://www.gameinformer.com/2018/12/21/darksiders-iii-update-adds-classic-combat-mode-for-series-fans

Yeah, I think I'll be playing it Darksiders III in "Classic" Mode when I get to it.
Last updated February 14th
Current Transformers Total: 4,043
Beastbot
Slimy yet Satisfying

Postby Matrix3 » Mon Dec 24, 2018 10:38 pm

Thanks as it explains the update I got when I booted the game today. I could use it if I decide to replay it as there are apparently alternate endings in the game for some choices you make.
Matrix3
Lord of the Wanderers

Postby Beastbot » Tue Jan 08, 2019 6:00 pm

Now I'm back on the PS3 and am playing Invizimals: The Lost Kingdom, a game I got for free a while ago from PS Plus. It's obviously pretty simple and aimed at kids, but it's still a fairly solid mix of light platforming and combat, with a lot of collectibles to find.
Beastbot
Slimy yet Satisfying

Postby Transypoo » Fri Jan 18, 2019 5:08 pm

!!! What's THIS!?!? I have a new game?! Yes, the rumors are true. I am playing Octopath Traveler! And yes, it's a terrible name. But it's a great game so far! It's very much in the vain of Suikoden 1&2. You pick one of the eight characters, and then go ick up the rest. I assume their different stories with merge together near the end, but we'll see. It's done in Sprite style, but the world is in 3D with 2D textures, but with modern lighting and water effects. It gives it a sort of miniature world look. It's beautiful.
Transypoo
It's fine. It's fine!

Postby Beastbot » Fri Jan 18, 2019 10:04 pm

I've read about that. Another Switch exclusive that I want, but I already have too many games to play anyway.
Beastbot
Slimy yet Satisfying

Postby Matrix3 » Fri Jan 25, 2019 9:50 pm

Just started playing the remake for Resident Evil 2. I am loving it so far.
Matrix3
Lord of the Wanderers

Postby Beastbot » Sun Jan 27, 2019 2:18 am

After playing the creatively-named Truck Racer on the PS3-- another free game I got on PS Plus, a pretty straightforward no-frills game-- I'm now playing Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen. It's a pretty good 3rd-person action RPG, with a fairly open world and good combat, though the game can be a bit too obtuse on what you need to do, and even on easy mode it can be a pretty big challenge sometimes. I do love the idea of "pawns", which are essentially your party members, and you create one to be your "core" pawn/sidekick and when you're offline others can use it and level it up/give it experience (which is what you do with other people's pawns for the rest of your party). It looks like a fairly long game, I'm gonna be at this one a while.
Beastbot
Slimy yet Satisfying

Previous

Return to The Arcade