Tv & Movie News 9/10

Post about your favorite movies and shows here!

Postby Skids » Thu Dec 06, 2007 10:45 pm

Ray Park as Snake Eyes is great casting! I mean, hell, Darth Maul was pretty awesome, and he was cool as Toad in X-Men (Sure, Maul went out like a yutz, but he gave a cool fight anyway; I mean, he pretty much iced Qui-Goner--dammit, fanboys, I actually *liked* episode 1...!), and he barely said anything in the whole flick. SE literally doesn't have to say a *word*. Actually, he literally can't. ^ ^ But in terms of leaping all over the place wreaking havoc...oh yes, Ray Park is perfect.

Now if they can just cast some awesome martial arts guy as Storm Shadow...(Sorry, Chuck Norris, but no--)
Skids
You are my friend, aren't you?

Postby Matrix3 » Thu Dec 06, 2007 11:14 pm

Transypoo you're in luck the Ghostbuster's game will be comming to the Wii as well. Btw I forgot to mention the plot of the game can be considered as Ghosbusters 3 (if it was made as a movie) since it take's place after 1 & 2.

The Speed Racer Trailer http://youtube.com/watch?v=Mmx5YEigWno

Actress Jamie Chung has signed onto the live-action Dragonball film as Chi Chi.
Matrix3
Lord of the Wanderers

Postby Transypoo » Fri Dec 07, 2007 12:43 am

YAY! GB for WII!

Speed Racer, eh? Well, it actually looks pretty good. Those whachamacallit brothers are really good at making movies based off of other people's ideas... their own ideas... not so much (Matrix 2 & 3 for example)
Transypoo
It's fine. It's fine!

Postby ShadeC4 » Fri Dec 07, 2007 1:27 am

Transypoo wrote:More GB game footage Looks like you get to recreate/fight some of the movie scenes/ghosts.

... That looks like the character Rick Moranis played in the flicks. O.o Fits imo, though... Especially with the ending of the 2nd.

What was his name...? Mr. Tully? I forget his first name... But he got it on with Janine. x) Something I used to fantasize about when I was younger. c.c;

Mmm... Annie Potts... *drool* Or even her Janine character. ;3

>.>
ImageImage
ShadeC4
I live my life as I feel

Postby Skids » Fri Dec 07, 2007 7:38 pm

Transypoo wrote:Image

Yeah, I think she could work.

Here's an official one from the Joe fanclub:
http://www.gijoeclub.com/movienews.cfm
Skids

Postby Transypoo » Fri Dec 07, 2007 10:54 pm

Neat.
Transypoo
It's fine. It's fine!

Postby Skids » Sat Dec 08, 2007 11:16 pm

The "2008 Movie Spectacular" special issue of Wizard magazine reports that Japan's Studio 4°C, Production I.G, and Madhouse will be animating Batman: Gotham Knight, a collection of six shorts about the iconic DC Comics detective. All three studios worked with Warner Brothers on another trans-Pacific collection of animated shorts with a Hollywood movie tie-in: The Animatrix. Although the Gotham Knight shorts are compatible with storyline of the Batman Begins and The Dark Knight films that Christopher Nolan has been directing for Warner Brothers, they will also be standalone stories.

Bruce Timm, the acclaimed creator and producer of many of the animated DC Universe projects since 1992, will direct the shorts. Batman comic writers Brian Azzarello and Greg Rucka, A History of Violence film writer Josh Olson, Batman Begins writer David S. Goyer, The Dark Knight producer Jordan Goldberg, and Batman: The Animated Series writer Alan Burnett will each contribute the script for one of the shorts.

This project will not be the first time that Japanese artists have interpreted the Dark Knight. The animators of Tokyo Movie Shinsha and Sunrise worked with Timm on portions of Batman: The Animated Series during the 1990s. Manga artist Kia Asamiya has been a longtime fan of Batman, and his Batman renderings has appeared on magazine covers, collectible figures, and the 2000-2001 Batman: The Child of Dreams series.

Oh HECK yeah...!
Skids

Postby Skids » Mon Dec 10, 2007 3:19 pm

More "Animated"! Ooh, ahh....but sorry, Poo Boy, Mac users aren't supported, apparently, so you'll hafta watch the Youtube version.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=glpS72FXT0k
Skids

Postby Transypoo » Mon Dec 10, 2007 11:25 pm

I DID I DID!! AWESOME, YEEESSS WE LIKE, YEEEESSS! MY PRECIOUSSSSSSSS.
Transypoo
It's fine. It's fine!

Postby Skids » Wed Dec 12, 2007 4:02 pm

An article about a new American-made X-Men manga:
http://anime.ign.com/articles/840/840435p1.html
Okay, BARF. I mean, I like manga, but do we have to turn EVERYTHING U.S. into a manga series...? Even worse, although there are many unique art styles in the manga world, they had to turn this into a homogeneous bishonen/bishojou piece.

I swear, I love manga, but I like the series with somewhat offbeat art styles. That's what's awesome to me. Love Roma, Monster, Planetes, Gunsmith Cats, Rose Hip Zero, Genshiken, Eagle, Dragonball, Masame Shirow's, Kiyohiko Azuma's and Ryoichi Ikegami's stuff? All strikingly unique. And although Ken Akamatsu skirts the edges of moe from time to time, his stuff's pretty friggin' awesome, too, and he can draw all sorts of character types, places, and events.

More and more, I feel like it's tough to search out the really standout series because of the flood of series that mimic the ultra-popular with teens (And boring) books.
Skids

Postby Transypoo » Wed Dec 12, 2007 10:17 pm

You know, those actually look pretty good. I was expecting another Mangaverse:

Where characters are stolen from existing anime series and given the names of marvel characters.

Like Vegita being in the main villain. Or the Hulk being Godzilla.

At least THIS take they look like the artist knew what they were doing.
Transypoo
It's fine. It's fine!

Postby Skids » Thu Dec 13, 2007 11:18 am

Yeah, I'll give you that one. It actually LOOKS like a real manga now. Unfortunately, it's still in that bishonen style that isn't really my cup of tea. ^ ^ It's also the style they tend to use in a lot of yaoi, I've noticed (Uh, uhm, at the bookstore...! ^ ^). Not a lot of yaoi leads who look like Goku or Vegeta. (That's the domain of DBZ slash!) out there...I mean, yeah, "Pretty boy" doesn't exactly leap to mind when you think "Vegeta".

But yeah, they did manage to make Wolvie a pretty boy! Who'd'a thought it! ...dammit, now I WANT to see "bishonen" Goku and Vegeta. Damn you. But of course, now that I've mentioned it, you'll have the compulsion to draw it. I WIN AGAIN, AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!! POWER LEVEL 9000????!!!!
Skids

Postby Transypoo » Thu Dec 13, 2007 11:26 am

Heck, why DIDN'T they get a more Shōneny artist for it? :confused:
Transypoo
It's fine. It's fine!

Postby Skids » Thu Dec 13, 2007 11:27 am

It almost sounds like a setup for yaoi/slash situations, though; "All male academy"? ^ ^ Guess they decided to, uh, go all the way. Now, me, I'd like to see Wolverine drawn in the "Love Roma" style. XD
Skids

Postby ShadeC4 » Thu Dec 13, 2007 1:00 pm

... And that's why my style is a sort of odd mix of traditional (US), anime/manga and TF:G2... :3 (It still needs work in regards to my drawing organics. >_. )
ImageImage
ShadeC4
I live my life as I feel

PreviousNext

Return to The Theater