Tv & Movie News 9/10

Post about your favorite movies and shows here!

Postby Transypoo » Wed Oct 31, 2007 12:01 pm

[2001=Mutate]Tha slag? G.i.joe's working outta th Pit now? What's Aft gunna say bout that?[/2001=Mutate]
Transypoo
It's fine. It's fine!

Postby Skids » Fri Nov 02, 2007 1:16 am

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kITwzo7Oa38
Animated clip; Megatron's scary...!
Skids
You are my friend, aren't you?

Postby Skids » Sun Nov 04, 2007 6:01 pm

http://www.comicsinfinity.com/p-10302-p ... -2-tp.aspx
ATTTTACK!!!

Just the animation model again, but hot dang, took 'em long enough to make a strongly G1 cartoon-inspired Megatron in Voyager form. VERY nice!
Skids

Postby Transypoo » Sun Nov 04, 2007 6:08 pm

I love that show.
Transypoo
It's fine. It's fine!

Postby Skids » Sun Nov 04, 2007 6:19 pm

Yeah, Movie plus Animated=the sharp kick in the arse that the brand needed to escape from becoming stale. And both the movie and Animated show that you can reference G1 without bending over backwards (Or in any direction, for that matter) for the "OMG iT's NoT TEH 1984" crowd.
Skids

Postby Skids » Wed Nov 14, 2007 11:28 am

Bandai Promotes Tamagotchi Movie with Osaka Police
Bandai is promoting the first feature-length Tamagotchi movie by offering discount coupons to people who subscribe to the Osaka prefectural police's email list for crime information. Eiga de Tōjō! Tamagotchi Doki Doki! Uchū no Maigotchi!? (Appearing on Film! Tamagotchi: Lost in Space!?) opens in Japan on December 15. Bandai has also licensed Akita Tamago to sell Tamagotchi-themed eggs as a tie-in to the egg-shaped virtual pet. A nine-minute theatrical short called "Tamagotchi Honto no Hanashi" (Tamagotchi: The True Story) screened a decade ago in the '97 Summer Toei Anime Fair anthology. Thanks, Daniel Zelter. Source: Variety

If you don't go see the movie...THEY DIE!!!

Okay, okay, real news...

Twentieth Century Fox has officially announced that it signed director James Wong (Final Destination, X-Files television series, The One) and casted twenty-five-year-old Justin Chatwin (War of the Worlds, The Invisible, Lost television series) in the lead role of Goku for the movie adaptation of Akira Toriyama's Dragon Ball action manga. According to the Variety newspaper, filming is set to begin this month, and the film is slated to open worldwide on August 15, 2008. James Marsters (Buffy the Vampire Slayer's Spike, Smallville's Brainiac) will play the antagonist Piccolo, and Stephen Chow, of Kung Fu Hustle and Shaolin Soccer fame, is producing the project.

Wong will not only direct the film, but he also rewrote an earlier script that was submitted by Ben Ramsey (The Big Hit). According to The Hollywood Reporter newspaper, the story centers around the alien Goku as an adult as he protects Earth — the very planet he was sent to destroy. Chatwin is training under the stunt firm 87Eleven (The Matrix, The Bourne Supremacy, 300). Other roles are still being casted. Previous reports have indicated that shooting will take place near Montreal, Canada and in Mexico, and that Heroes actor James Kyson Lee is auditioning for the role of Yamcha.

[/u][/i]
Skids

Postby Matrix3 » Wed Nov 14, 2007 10:14 pm

doh you beat me to it. James Marsters as Piccolo? Just a bit of news if any one here is an x-files fan. I ran into after along time it the 2nd x-files movie has been given the green light and will begin shooting in December. All that is known is that the story line will be a stand alone tale.
Matrix3
Lord of the Wanderers

Postby Transypoo » Tue Nov 20, 2007 5:30 pm

I just saw a preview for the new Alvin and the Chipmunks movie, and, and, THEY'RE NORMAL CHIPMUNK SIZED!!!! WHY ARE THEY NORMAL CHIPMUNK SIZED?!?!?!! WHY??!? THEY WERE NEVER NORMAL SIZED!!!

So, they're trying to make them more realistic? Is that it?

IT'S STUPID!!!!!! AAARRRGGG!!!! *falls on floor and foams at the mouth*
Transypoo
It's fine. It's fine!

Postby Skids » Wed Nov 21, 2007 6:54 pm

Skids

Postby Transypoo » Thu Nov 22, 2007 1:55 am

Yeah, I think she could work.
Transypoo
It's fine. It's fine!

Postby Skids » Sat Nov 24, 2007 11:46 am

On September 9, the anime studio Production I.G held a special screening of the first two episodes of Ghost Hound, its 20th-anniversary project. I.G's president, Mitsuhisa Ishikawa, personally introduced this showing of the supernatural suspense anime series from Masamune Shirow (Ghost in the Shell, Appleseed). A translation of Ishikawa's remarks has been posted on I.G's English-language website on Thursday.

Ishikawa primarily talked about how Production I.G transformed Shirow's original idea for Ghost Hound into the final project. He also mentioned that I.G is currently acting as an agent for the rights to a potential live-action remake of Shirow's Ghost in the Shell manga.

Now THAT would be awesome. ...Although I can't help but imagine the president of Production I.G. looking like the character Ishikawa from the show, now... ^ ^
Skids

Postby Transypoo » Sat Nov 24, 2007 1:47 pm

Th' old monkey....
Transypoo
It's fine. It's fine!

Postby Skids » Sat Nov 24, 2007 2:41 pm

Yeah, I've always wondered if Aramaki was named after anime director/designer Shinji Aramaki, who's collaborated with Shirow more than once (As director of Appleseed, most recently.)
Skids

Postby ShadeC4 » Thu Nov 29, 2007 2:02 am

Transypoo wrote:I just saw a preview for the new Alvin and the Chipmunks movie, and, and, THEY'RE NORMAL CHIPMUNK SIZED!!!! WHY ARE THEY NORMAL CHIPMUNK SIZED?!?!?!! WHY??!? THEY WERE NEVER NORMAL SIZED!!!

So, they're trying to make them more realistic? Is that it?

IT'S STUPID!!!!!! AAARRRGGG!!!! *falls on floor and foams at the mouth*

*nods in agreement*

If they're going for accuracy, then why not make them look entirely like actual chipmunks, and not speak a lick of English? *notes she has not seen the trailer, but is taking guesses that it'll be similar to Stuart Little*
ImageImage
ShadeC4
I live my life as I feel

Postby Transypoo » Thu Nov 29, 2007 2:15 am

Some what, but lees cute family feel good and more "Don't you wish you girlfriend were hot like me" pop culture references, innuendo (not even thinly veiled.) and (I'm guessing) lots and lots of "nut" jokes.
Transypoo
It's fine. It's fine!

PreviousNext

Return to The Theater