Tv & Movie News 9/10

Post about your favorite movies and shows here!

Postby Transypoo » Mon Dec 17, 2007 11:10 pm

:happy: :happy2: :happy3: :happy4: :laughing: :love: <3 X3 BATMAN RETURNS!!!!

...to the big screen!

The Joker is awesomely scary! "All he had in his pockets was knives and lint." Niiiice!
Transypoo
It's fine. It's fine!

Postby Skids » Mon Dec 17, 2007 11:11 pm

O_O Any concerns I had have now been allayed. (C'mon, it was a Batman sequel, I had a right to be a little concerned...! ^ ^ Not that Batman Returns wasn't awesome...but we shall not speak of what came afterwards. >_>)
Skids
You are my friend, aren't you?

Postby Skids » Tue Dec 18, 2007 10:41 pm

Skids

Postby Transypoo » Tue Dec 18, 2007 11:07 pm

Cool.
Transypoo
It's fine. It's fine!

Postby Skids » Thu Dec 20, 2007 2:35 pm

Heavy Duty and (Breaker? Probably; he's more established than Dial-Tone) have been cast. (Fortunately, Heavy Duty is not a Wayans Brother, as had been rumored. ^ ^)
http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20071220/film_nm/gijoe_dc

Poor Roadblock; guess Marvin F. Hinton's out of the picture out since the kids know Monty better now. At least Roadblock got a 25th Anniversary figure. (Seriously, Hasbro didn't even tie up the Roadblock trademark name until 2002, and by then, Heavy Duty was already pretty well-saturated. Hence such things as Roadblock's identical twin brother, "Double Blast" (He wasn't even the same guy in the file card!!!) and the subsequent, uh, "Heavy" uses of 'Duty. I do like the reference in one of Heavy Duty's filecards to how the team is disappointed with Heavy Duty's cooking in the wake of Roadblock's culinary masterpieces. ^ ^

Edit: It occurs to me that Roadblock would A. Be horribly offensive to audiences if he was played like the cartoon version, and B. If they didn't play him like the cartoon version, he wouldn't be so much Roadblock as...Heavy Duty. So just to be clear, I'm not frothing at the mouth over the use of Heavy Duty. Heck, I like his Sigma Six toy and I had the first Heavy Duty figure when I was a kid, whereas I NEVER had Roadblock. XD
Skids

Previous

Return to The Theater