Tv & Movie News 9/10

Post about your favorite movies and shows here!

Tv & Movie News 9/10

Postby Transypoo » Mon Sep 10, 2007 11:45 am

NEW TOPIC! GO!

Oh, right...movie news... uhh...uhh... Soon a movie will come out. And it will be in theaters, then , later it will come out on DVD. And every one will forget about it.
Transypoo
It's fine. It's fine!

Postby Skids » Mon Sep 10, 2007 11:57 am

Indiana Jones 4=Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull

Nice, very 1930's serial (Which is the entire...point. *Glares at Internet fanboys already complaining about the name*)
Skids
You are my friend, aren't you?

Postby Transypoo » Mon Sep 10, 2007 12:09 pm

Wait, wasn't the Phantom movie about crystal skulls?
Transypoo
It's fine. It's fine!

Postby Matrix3 » Mon Sep 10, 2007 9:06 pm

Matrix3
Lord of the Wanderers

Re: reply

Postby ShadeC4 » Mon Sep 10, 2007 9:17 pm

Matrix3 wrote:Presenting the Iron Man trailer:

http://www.apple.com/trailers/paramount ... ailer.html

I saw it while it was still on YouTube. :3
ImageImage
ShadeC4
I live my life as I feel

Postby Skids » Fri Sep 21, 2007 8:51 am

Batman, Lost's Dini to Work on Gatchaman Film Script
IMAGI Animation Studios Co-CEO and Chief Creative Officer Francis Kao announced that Paul Dini, the Emmy-winning writer-producer who has scripted for 1992-1995's Batman: The Animated Series, Tiny Toon Adventures, and the Lost live-action drama, has agreed to "collaborate on the screenplay" for the Gatchaman CG-animated movie. The project is based on Tatsunoko Production's 1972-1980 science-fiction adventure anime franchise, which was adapted into English as Battle of the Planets, G-Force, and Eagle Riders.

http://www.transformersclub.com/
Yay, Animated poster! Can't come soon enough...
Skids

Postby Transypoo » Fri Sep 21, 2007 10:49 am

YAY! ANIMATED!

Also, what is up with Gatchamna having like two hundred titles?
Transypoo
It's fine. It's fine!

Postby ShadeC4 » Fri Sep 21, 2007 10:55 am

Skidplates wrote:Batman, Lost's Dini to Work on Gatchaman Film Script
IMAGI Animation Studios Co-CEO and Chief Creative Officer Francis Kao announced that Paul Dini, the Emmy-winning writer-producer who has scripted for 1992-1995's Batman: The Animated Series, Tiny Toon Adventures, and the Lost live-action drama, has agreed to "collaborate on the screenplay" for the Gatchaman CG-animated movie. The project is based on Tatsunoko Production's 1972-1980 science-fiction adventure anime franchise, which was adapted into English as Battle of the Planets, G-Force, and Eagle Riders.

Here's something related: [link]
ImageImage
ShadeC4
I live my life as I feel

Postby Skids » Fri Sep 21, 2007 11:48 pm

Oh, right, you linked me to that over IM once an' I faved it. Beautiful work. I love Alex Ross's rendition of the Gatchaman characters, too. Made me want to see him tackle, say, the Giant Robo characters (Such an awesome OAV series...gorgeous, even.)
Skids

Postby Skids » Sat Sep 22, 2007 10:44 am

Spielberg and Bay are confirmed to be signed on for Transformers 2, and the sequel is due out in the summer of 2009.

Wow! Same creative team (Always good when they've turned out kickass movies), and only a couple years away. Awesome...
Skids

matirx3

Postby Matrix3 » Sat Sep 22, 2007 4:38 pm

cool. Any how I just learned that Death Note will premier in adult swim 10/20/07.
Matrix3
Lord of the Wanderers

Postby Transypoo » Mon Sep 24, 2007 1:39 pm

Transypoo
It's fine. It's fine!

Postby Matrix3 » Tue Sep 25, 2007 5:52 pm

Despite Halo 3 taking my time I decided to surf the net and found this news about Terminator 4:

Middleton informed us that T4 is happening with The Halcyon Company, who owns the franchise rights. It will be written by Michael Ferris and John D. Brancato, the same team that wrote Terminator 3: Rise of the Machines. Halcyon would like to be in pre-production in October with an eye towards a 2009 release.

No director is signed yet, but they are close, according to Middleton. He added that the sequel will not be called Terminator 4, but instead will use the title Terminator and have some sort of subtitle, as in Rise of the Machines.

It will follow the events of T3 and be post-apocalyptic. It's not known whether Nick Stahl and Claire Danes will return, but John Connor and Kate are in the script. The movie will feature a new hero as the main character. Middleton likened the story to how "Ben-Hur was influenced by Jesus Christ, but it was his story. Much in that way, this character will be influenced by John Connor."

The plan is for this to be the first of three new movies, all of them set in this post-apocalyptic future and showing the war with the machines.
Matrix3
Lord of the Wanderers

Postby Transypoo » Tue Sep 25, 2007 7:19 pm

Oh, god, couldn't they get some new guy to write it, that last one was aweful! Terrible even!

Although I do want to see an entire movie of giant robotic death macheins crushing skulls under their tank treds.

Also, wasn't the whole POINT of Terminator John Conner? Shouldn't we like you know stick with him?

Oh, wait. No, the whole point was Sara Conner. Riiight. That's why T3 was aweful, no SARA!!!

RRAAAWWRR!!! *kills Michael Ferris and John D. Brancato* YOU SEND TWO ROBOTS TWO!!! NO ARNOLD! SEND TWO!!!!

One T900, one T1000, which could TAKE the form of a woman!!!!!
Transypoo
It's fine. It's fine!

Postby Skids » Wed Sep 26, 2007 1:45 am

Several movie sites, including ComingSoon.net and BoxOfficeMojo, are reporting that Paramount has penciled in June 26, 2009 as the release date for the sequel to Transformers: The Movie.

Recently, Michael Bay has voiced displeasure with the speed at which the project is progressing, and there have been rumblings of his involvement with movie versions of The Prince of Persia and 2012: The War For The Souls. A June 2009 release date for Transformers II wouldn't leave Bay a window for another big-budget flick inbetween, but presumably he'll be pleased that the studio has put the sequel on the fast track instead.

As always, movie release dates aren't written in stone, and a possible Writers' Guild strike next year could delay the flick. But for now, it seems Paramount believes this is the movie to put up against Fox's Ice Age III on the Independence Day weekend of 2009.
Skids

Next

Return to The Theater