TV/Movie Review

Post about your favorite movies and shows here!

Postby TFDoc » Sun Aug 10, 2008 10:46 pm

Now I've seen Iron Man, Hulk and The Dark Knight. I absolutely love all three. I think I rate Iron Man over the other two, it totally blew me AWAY!
This..., is The Dociverse. The place where all things small are larger than life. It had it's spontaneous beginings in the depths of time with The Micromaster Race Car Patrol. It grew quickly, and continues to expand, even as you read this.

TFDoc
TFDoc
Warlord of the Keepers of Souls

Postby Skids » Sun Aug 10, 2008 10:52 pm

Hulk is the only one I haven't seen, but I will rent it at some point. Of the three, Dark Knight is my favorite, but Iron Man was excellent as well. They're such different movies I wouldn't really pit them against each other (Although Batman and Tony Stark would actually make an interesting crossover; they're both wealthy execs with playboy reputations who are very mortal individuals relying on advanced technology and their smarts.) Difference being, Tony actually LIVES the playboy life, Bruce just fakes it very convincingly. ^ ^

I realized part of why super hero movies have been so good since the first X-Men came out. After that movie (Or rather, through it) they realized that comic book plots and looks have to be adapted to something more realistic if anyone's going to take them seriously.
Skids
You are my friend, aren't you?

Postby ShadeC4 » Mon Aug 11, 2008 5:16 pm

Skiddums wrote:(Although Batman and Tony Stark would actually make an interesting crossover; they're both wealthy execs with playboy reputations who are very mortal individuals relying on advanced technology and their smarts.) Difference being, Tony actually LIVES the playboy life, Bruce just fakes it very convincingly. ^ ^

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NlLeCu63HCA
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GiBhLayXlwA
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NW6N2icB88s
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cDxgNjMTPIs
ImageImage
ShadeC4
I live my life as I feel

Postby Transypoo » Mon Aug 11, 2008 6:32 pm

It IS that awesome!
Transypoo
It's fine. It's fine!

Postby ShadeC4 » Mon Aug 11, 2008 6:53 pm

Lmfao X3 Yus. ^-^
ImageImage
ShadeC4
I live my life as I feel

Re: TV/Movie Review

Postby Transypoo » Fri Oct 29, 2010 8:45 pm

Sooooo, I just watched Predators. It was totally awesome! But I'm not sure about the new Predators, they seem pretty tacked on. There was no real reason to have them in there, out side of, I guess, we've seen them a bunch of times, and stuff. The sloping head was an interesting look, kinda Alien, but the oversized mandibles looked kinda dumb to me. But like I said, awesome movie!
Transypoo
It's fine. It's fine!

Postby ShadeC4 » Fri Oct 29, 2010 11:53 pm

I like how there's a rivalry between the littler ones & the bigger ones. It's nice to know that they hunt even their own kind... Non-discriminatory.
ImageImage
ShadeC4
I live my life as I feel

Postby Transypoo » Fri Oct 29, 2010 11:55 pm

That would explain how their society was built, why they do what they do.
Transypoo
It's fine. It's fine!

Postby ShadeC4 » Fri Oct 29, 2010 11:57 pm

The need to keep their skills ever sharp?
ImageImage
ShadeC4
I live my life as I feel

Postby Transypoo » Fri Oct 29, 2010 11:58 pm

Yeah, and the trophy thing... heh... What if the bigger ones are the females?
Transypoo
It's fine. It's fine!

Postby ShadeC4 » Sat Oct 30, 2010 12:01 am

That'd be cool. But very Vandread. Or Robotech.

Anywho... I don't see how that'd work. They don't appear to have technology which allows them to reproduce a-sexually. They might but they don't seem to... Though I have wondered for some time where the female Predators are. That's something in the series I've never seen them address.
ImageImage
ShadeC4
I live my life as I feel

Postby Transypoo » Sat Oct 30, 2010 12:18 am

I guess, that we just can't spot the difference. Some species don't have a very large difference between males and females, could be subtle. (or just the naughty bits are different, and that's it.)
Transypoo
It's fine. It's fine!

Postby Skids » Sat Oct 30, 2010 12:31 am

The one thing that annoyed me was that the one Predator had that awesome robot falcon...and then never used it after that one time! :smile2: The thing was too cool not to use again.

I like how the first time we actually see a Predator in the movie, it's the classic type, incapacitated and defeated. You KNOW something bad is gonna go down at that point...

Also awesome was the continuing trend from 1 and 2 of the Predators playing with voice sample; the "Help me" from the Mexican guy after he had already been killed was chilling! I also really liked "You're a good man after all!" "No--but I'm FAST" exchange with Royce and the doctor, reminded me of Mac threatening Dillon in Predator.

And I cracked up when everyone was pulling out their guns, and the convict guy takes out a tiny knife, and then begs someone to give him a damn gun!

And yeah, I wanna know more about this Predator vs. Predator blood feud...though this movie continued what I like best about the Predators, which is that they show up and kick your ass, offering no explanations.
Skids

Postby Transypoo » Sat Oct 30, 2010 12:37 am

Huh, yeah. The Falcon was swooping around earlier in the movie, but I guess that was its time to shine.

I also like the Yakuza guy staying behind to duel with the thing, paralleling Billy's warrior moment. Of course it makes the smaller Predators/that Yakuza guy look more awesome that Billy was taken out off camera. If that one hadn't been tied up and starved he'd've takes out the lot of the bigger ones. I tell you what.
Transypoo
It's fine. It's fine!

Postby Skids » Sat Oct 30, 2010 12:40 am

Yeah, and him just finding the sword in that spaceship, instead of having it on him to begin with, was awesome...tells us that the Predators have been snatching humans and sending them there for a lonnnnng time (Like in 2, where the Predator gave Danny Glover's character that old pistol, showing how long they've been hunting on Earth.) The Yakuza guy was also cool for not talking until well into the movie. :smile2:

Oh...the "Uh-oh" moment when they emerge from the forest and see multiple moons/planets in the sky was great, too. It's like..."Yeahhhhh, what are we gonna do now?" It makes sense that they would assume they were somewhere on Earth until that moment (Great how the Predators just DROP you, and not everyone survives to land.)
Skids

PreviousNext

Return to The Theater