Transformers 3 news topic

Post about your favorite movies and shows here!

Transformers 3 news topic

Postby Skids » Mon Feb 01, 2010 11:05 pm

Our first solid bit of news! Silverbolt, voiced by James Avery (Shredder):

James Avery is our guest today on UNSCRIPTED. Best known for his work as an actor on the television series "The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air." James has performed in many other mediums including cartoons such as "Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles." He is also currently working as voice talent for the upcoming "Transformers 3" film (set to release in 2011), playing "Silverbolt." Today we explore his life and work from his perspective, only on UNSCRIPTED.
Skids
You are my friend, aren't you?

Postby ShadeC4 » Tue Feb 02, 2010 3:54 am

Whoa... Uncle Phil. O_o:
ImageImage
ShadeC4
I live my life as I feel

Postby Skids » Sun Feb 07, 2010 9:38 pm

In an interview with DenOf Geek.com, actor Tony Todd (The Fallen-Skids) revealed that he may be coming back for the third Transformers movie due out in 2011:

Are you involved in Transformers 3 do you think?
Yes.

Definitely?
You want to quote me? What I was told last month, yes. But that's Hollywood!

Is there anything you can tell us about it? It's got to be worth a try.
No! There's more of it! [Laughs, starts thumping desk and making explosion sound effects]. Something along those lines!
Skids

Postby Skids » Thu Feb 25, 2010 5:21 pm

Spoke with Michael today and got some little info on TF3: there will be big action sequences shot in Chicago and Moscow this time around.
Skids

Postby Transypoo » Thu Feb 25, 2010 5:31 pm

In this movie, Jason Bourne fights Transformers!
Transypoo
It's fine. It's fine!

Postby Skids » Mon Mar 01, 2010 9:25 am

No, in this movie, Snake Eyes fights Transformers: Jinn stars Ray Park, best known for his roles as Darth Maul in “Star Wars Episode 1: The Phantom Menace” and Toad in “X-Men.” More recently, Park also played Snake-Eyes in “G.I. Joe: The Rise of Cobra.” Park is also expected to have a lead role in “Transformers 3,” but details of his character remain unknown.

Then if the movie's lame, we can just blame Snake Eyes! Damn you, Snake Eyes!!!
Skids

Postby Skids » Mon Mar 01, 2010 4:09 pm

Last week, Michael Bay claimed he would not let his friends at Paramount down as they look forward to a 2011 release date for "Transformers 3." Speaking to MTV's Brian Jacks, Hasbro's CEO talked about what Bay is planning to put returning stars Shia LaBeouf and Megan Fox through once the next production gets underway. The new sequel will focus more on characters and the core mythology from the Autobots and Decepticons' history.

"You’re going to see that great core mythology brought to the fore, and Michael is hard at work at making this a reality and we’re very excited about it," the series executive producer and Hasbro head Brian Goldner told MTV News. "I mean, I think it’s a great time to put it out in 2011 and we’re very excited about the movie."

Bay expressed such intentions recently when he announced his and Fox's return for a third movie. Goldner acknowledged that both of them would come back, along with Sam Witwicky actor LaBeouf.

"Yes he is, and both Megan and Shia are both cast back for that," he said. Goldner wants to see "Transformers 3" hearken back to the alien robots' roots and integrate more elements' from their established past.

"What we’re really doing is getting back to some of the core character development and storytelling. And I think there’s some elements of the core story that the filmmakers, Michael in particular wanted to tell," Goldner explained. "He’s really well-versed in the Transformers lore. So I think you’ll see, you know, less bedlam, more characters."
Skids

Postby Transypoo » Mon Mar 01, 2010 4:36 pm

Notice the number of time 'core' was said in the last post?

Huuummmm.
Transypoo
It's fine. It's fine!

Postby Skids » Tue Mar 02, 2010 2:56 pm

As the third Transformers movie gears up preproduction this month, we've learned that Optumus Prime and Bumblebee will get a makeover. The Industrial Light & Magic team is hard at work updating the robots in disguise for their third big screen adventure.

"Our two lead characters, Optimus and Bumblebee, needed to be updated for the next chapter in the Transformers series," said animation supervisor Scott Benza in an exclusive interview Sunday at the Visual Effects Society Awards in Century City, Calif., where he and visual effects supervisor Scott Farrar were nominees. "Bumblebee's matured a little bit, so I would just say look for subtle changes to his physique that have him look more mature."

Subtlety might not be what you expect from a Michael Bay movie, but Farrar suggested the changes to Prime would be of the easter-egg variety that only true fans would notice. "[Prime will have] little tiny things that maybe the average viewer isn't going to notice but probably the fanboys will," Farrar said. "You actually will run into pieces that are maybe always in the way, and wouldn't it be nice if that part wasn't there? Maybe you make a shift in the shoulder, in the chest or what have you. So it might be proportioning, but it also might be for usability, so [the animators]' task could be easier, too."

Benza added that Prime's updates would be badass. "We always want the robots to look cooler than they did the last time, so he's going to look a little more heroic, I would say," Benza said.

The script for the third film is not yet finished, but the ILM artists have been privy to important details. "There's an outline and most of the script is done," Farrar said. "It hasn't been released to us completely because they want to keep that under wraps, but we certainly know enough. Michael [Bay] turns over sections of the script, and then the art department is full steam ahead right now, the L.A. art department. We also have an ILM art department working on this at the same time. So we take their 2-D work and start turning it into 3-D models, because we like to get a jump-start on this. Any model that looks like it could start, we want to get going, because it'll take us 30 weeks to build it."

Of course, the artists do need to know what the robots will be called upon to do so they can prepare their computer models. "Yeah, that plays a part in how detailed they're built out," Benza said. "If we've got robots that are going to have a lot of screen time, a lot of close-ups, they're definitely going to get more attention in the model and rigging."

They will also be developing more new robot characters, hopefully cooler than Mudflap and Skids. "Yes, we are," Farrar said. "We can't say anything, but these are great big difficult movies, and it's a long haul for everybody. It's not easy stuff, so we're pretty pooped when we get done with a movie. We have a little rest time, and I know it's dumb, but some of these new ideas come along and you start to get excited again. Yes, some really great ideas for characters."
Skids

Postby Skids » Tue Mar 09, 2010 9:49 am

Some concept art from one of the guys who does the games! http://www.tfw2005.com/transformers-new ... es-169285/
Movie Junkions and stuff!

Edit: It was asked that Allspark take down the info! Juicy! The link is still working in this topic, though.)
Skids

Postby Transypoo » Tue Mar 09, 2010 12:39 pm

... what am I looking for?
Transypoo
It's fine. It's fine!

Postby Skids » Tue Mar 09, 2010 3:14 pm

Oops, they took it down, too.

To summarize, the images depicted such concept art as Prime piloting a starship, Prime in a vast temple, Prime on a jungle planet, and sketches of Movie-style Lithonians, as well as a well-realized image of a Movie Junkion.

Totally not stuff related to ROTF in any way.
Skids

Postby Skids » Mon Mar 22, 2010 9:30 am

Transformers 3 Update From Michael Bay
03/22/2010 06:40 AM
Hey, it's been a long time since I've posted. Just been a little busy.

Transformers 3 has been going very well. We are going to shoot in LA, Chicago, Washington DC, Florida, Texas, Africa, Moscow, and China. On the talent front, we just locked in Frances McDormand and John Malkovich. Both amazing actors I've always wanted to work with. We also just got Ken Jeong, he is the super funny actor stuck in the trunk from “Hangover” and the Doctor from “Knocked Up.”

We start shooting pre-shoots in about one month.

I also was at a Ferrari charity event this week raising money for a hospital being built by Ferrari in Haiti. I announced that night the newest Autobot to join Transformers: the Ferrari 458 Italia.

I also want to thank everyone on this site that donated to the Make -A-Wish charity. We raised $20,000 which I will personally be matching. This is a great charity where they make wishes come true for kids who are very ill. We have had many Kids from Make-A-Wish visit us on our Transformers sets and this time we will be posting video of they're visits on Transformers 3.

Michael Bay

Dang, Malkovich? That's AWESOME! Although the choice of Malkovich, McDormand, and Turturo (Why wouldn't he return?) makes me wonder what a Coen Brothers Transformers movie would be like. :evil:

Also, the newest Autobot, in car mode, at least: http://www.allspark.com/forums/index.ph ... t&id=20996
Hot Rod?
Transformers 3 will apparently take place a few years after Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen, with John Mallkovich as Sam Witwikcy's first boss and Frances McDormand as the National Intelligence Director for the US government.
Skids

Postby Skids » Thu Apr 08, 2010 2:25 pm

Seems as if the theories on why ROTF was hit and miss (More hit than miss for me, but I can acknowledge peoples' complaints tend to be sincere, at least) are pretty accurate:

Despite his unhappiness, Shia has faith in the franchise's producers and believes the forthcoming third instalment will be a big improvement.

He added to FHM magazine: "I know that directors Michael Bay and Steven Spielberg are dedicated to making the best movie we possibly can, and we're not going to miss next time."

Shia thinks the second film suffered as a result of the strike by Hollywood writers.

He said: "We were making our second movie in the middle of the writers' strike. We had no script. We had to work with nothing. We literally had like 40 pages. And everything was sort of made on the fly.

Well, if that was the big issue, it's definitely resolvable for this next installment! And I'm glad that despite this slipshod on-set scene, that it did so well and didn't bomb. (Fans wishing for it to bomb are just idiots. Yeah, what happens to the toyline, genius? Try being a Joe fan, where your line DOES actually die from time to time.)
Skids

Postby Skids » Fri Apr 09, 2010 11:07 pm

Chicago

The extras casting director for The Transformers 3 in Chicago is looking for the following types:

● Ukrainian men and women, 20 to 80 years of age. You do not have to be Ukrainian, MUST look Ukrainian.

● Ukrainian or Ukrainian looking types of men 5'10" to 6'1", clothing size 38 regular to 44 regular who know how to handle a gun. Please include a note in your submission that you know how to handle a gun.

If you fit one of the above descriptions, email a recent color photo non-professional photo to:

jpextras@gmail.com

In the subject line please put "Ukrainian." Include your phone number, name, address and all your clothing/shoe sizes/hat sizes/etc.

You may also mail in your submission to:

Joan Philo Casting
PO Box 13084
Chicago, IL 60613

If you are mailing in your submission, fill out and send in an extras registration form. Click Here to download the Transformers 3 Chicago Extras registration form.

Please only respond if you are Ukrainian or Ukrainian-looking. Please do not send any headshots, comp cards or refer them to a link to look at your photos. These photos MUST be e-mailed as an attachment.

Bolded for emphasis--Ukrainian-LOOKING?

"MY, aren't we looking Ukrainian today?"
Skids

Next

Return to The Theater