Reviews 09

Post about your favorite movies and shows here!

Reviews 09

Postby Matrix3 » Fri Jun 19, 2009 1:26 pm

Well I thought we could revive this for this year even thought were half way thru 09. First up the Ghostbuster game (Xbox 360 version). The plot revolves somethings from the first movie so expect to see familiar things as you take the role of the fifth Ghosbuster who is not named but is refered as The Rookie, Green Horn and etc. The character never talks but he does makes some sounds such as screaming. Anyhow it captures the humor of the movies which did not disapoint, you get to play with the proton pack and new gadgets and of course fight with the Ghostbusters. The bad of the game is only minor things such as it is too short (6-8 hrs of gameplay), speech is out of sync when the cig models of the characters talk and the musical score which was from the movies became repetative. So if you want a good movie based game but are not too worried about minor things they did wrong I would recommend this game.
Matrix3
Lord of the Wanderers

Postby Matrix3 » Sat Jul 11, 2009 8:08 pm

Next up the TF:ROTF movie. Well I had high hopes for this movie but I found it disappointing. One of the reasons is that it had one too many fart or crotch jokes and it had too may plot holes. For example How did Sam's parents find out about TFs? and How did the British forces end up fighting with the US forces against the Decepticons? What happened to Soundwave, Skids, Mudflap and Wheelie? I would have liked some mention of these events but nothing was said about them. And finally why did it all depend on Sam again? Story wise it does makes sense since he destroyed the Allspark and came in contact with a piece of it. I hope this does not happen on the 3rd movie but rather has a supporting part like he did in the cartoon when he did things to help the Autobots. And finally I did not like Mudflap or Skids not because I found them racist but annoying. Despite these faults of the movie there were some things I liked such as the inclusion of Soundwave and the pretender Alice. The fight scenes and music where cool as well. Saddly the good things of the movie I liked was not enought for me to enjoy the movie as much as I was hoping and did not feel satisfied like I did after seeing the first one. Perhaps it was that it laked something that the first did have. Maybe it was that there was too much going on and that you did not get to feel for the characters. Maybe they should borrow from Animated and have Optimus, Ratched, Ironhide and Bumblebee be the central characters while the others make cameos in some way. Anyhow I will watch and get the dvd once it is sold.
Matrix3
Lord of the Wanderers

Postby ShadeC4 » Sun Jul 12, 2009 1:16 am

Was the whole Sam's parents knowing about TFs thing covered in the comics? Has Matrix3 read the comics that came between the 2 movies? O_o:
ImageImage
ShadeC4
I live my life as I feel

Postby Transypoo » Sun Jul 12, 2009 3:26 pm

Well, Skids, pointed out that that whole interview with Sam's parents at the end of 'one' was suppoed to give you the impression thatthey knew... but really, how else is Sam going to explain the events of the move to his parents? "Sorry about that whole mix-up with the government, mom, but look! They bought me a new car! And ignore the truck in the backyard!"

I think for the movie-verse the humans kind of NEED to play a bigger part, other wise we'd loose a chunk of the audiance who'd be all "Buh? Robots?" Sam's funny I think it works.

As to what happened to Soundwave, Skids, Mudflap and Wheelie, they're still there... I'm sure..

I also felt there were one too many crotch gags, to the point of being MAJORLY distracting... and mad the movie less enjoyable.

Humm... I need to look into the Wii version of Ghostbusters... they're all toony on the box art... so I'm concerned if its the same in the game...
Transypoo
It's fine. It's fine!

Postby Matrix3 » Sun Jul 12, 2009 5:43 pm

I have read the comics but there is no mention on how they found out. I am hopeful however that Tales of the Fallen answers some of these things.
Tales of the Fallen will be jointly written by Chris Mowry and Simon Furman, with Mowry writing Bumblebee, Jetfire, and Arcee's spotlights, and Furman writing Sideswipe, The Fallen, and Ravage's spotlights.

Anyhow I do agree that the humans need to play a bigger part in the movie verse but it should not be repetative in making Sam the one most likely finding a way to defeat the main villain. As for the Ghostbusters I would recommend the Xbox 360 version which has gotten better reviews than the Wii version.
Matrix3
Lord of the Wanderers

Postby Skids » Sun Jul 12, 2009 9:54 pm

The Twins stuck around until nearly the final fight of the movie; it's just that after Devastator falls, it pretty much became Simmons', then Prime's show in terms of heroism. Considering that they put up a valiant fight against Devastator, I'm willing to give them a chance to rest. (I should add that I liked how the four comic relief characters had to band together to defeat Devastator, without being able to expect help from the big guns. Up with little guys! As for where Wheelie was...eh, the guy's a coward.)

As for Soundwave...the good guys were never even aware of his existence, so he didn't really need to go anywhere; he was totally safe and above it all. He will need to find a replacement for Ravage, though. Poor kitty...

And damn, Optimus is hardcore; I loved when he grabbed Megatron's gun arm, and then shot Megs IN HIS OWN FACE with it in the final fight...followed by blasting him through a fall with the jet turbines, and then goring the Fallen with his own staff, and ripping his face off. "I rise...you fall.") I have to expect that Prime would need to be pretty merciless and hardened to have actually survived all of this time; it makes the Autobots more believable.

The humor wasn't too offensive to me; I have more the issue with the comic scenes that I had with those from the first movie...i.e. starting to get bored when we got away from robots kicking ass for too long. :smile: Fortunately, there was at least one robot onscreen most of the time to mitigate this concern, this time. XD

I really did like the displays of military might, though. Bay is really good at making our armed forces look good, without seeming like he's pandering or trying to recruit.
Skids
You are my friend, aren't you?

Postby Transypoo » Mon Jul 13, 2009 10:23 am

Well, all I got is a Wii, so all I could do with a 360 game is toss it like a frisbee.
Transypoo
It's fine. It's fine!

Return to The Theater