After 6 years, X-Men: Evolution back on the air!

Post about your favorite movies and shows here!

After 6 years, X-Men: Evolution back on the air!

Postby Beastbot » Thu Jun 18, 2009 12:21 am

I don't know if anyone here cares in the slightest, but I'M excited, and that's all that matters. :happy2:

X-Men: Evolution, the best show EVAH, hasn't been on the air since late 2003, and now Disney XD has bought the rights to the show and is airing it weekday nights at 10 PM EST!

So, big bonuses for me-- first off, this'll probably renew interest in the series, which means a greater chance of finally getting the final season of the show released on DVD; and maybe more people reading my X-Men: Evolution fanfiction series, with the show fresh in their minds. AND it means I'll be able to get some GOOD recordings of the fourth season, as my tapes of the only season not on DVD are skipping all the time now and of really poor quality.
Last updated October 4th
Current Transformers Total: 4,365
Beastbot
Slimy yet Satisfying

Postby ShadeC4 » Thu Jun 18, 2009 12:31 am

I'm waiting for Wolverine and the X-Men to begin again.
ImageImage
ShadeC4
I live my life as I feel

Postby Skids » Thu Jun 18, 2009 8:27 am

I got into X-Men Evo in reruns (Cartoon Network, I think? They were in the evenings) right before it stopped airing. Really good show, once I adjusted to the differences in story from the comics that I'd read growing up/as a teen.

One thing I really liked was the costumes; I have to say that, although a great show, the 90's X-Men was, visually, based off of the period in the comics featuring my LEAST favorite costumes (Jim Lee, I love you, you're a genius, but...I didn't like those outfits.).
Skids
You are my friend, aren't you?

Postby ShadeC4 » Thu Jun 18, 2009 1:06 pm

Of course I enjoyed the 90s 'toon outfits... But I tend to have a thing for those futuristic/spacey designs that came out of/were influenced by the 80s. It was almost like robots to me... Mostly Cyclops' costume. But the others had hints of it, too. (Not so much Wolverine, though, of course. But I prefer his red/orange color scheme over the blue/yellow. And, yes, I say it's red/orange to this day, not whatever it's supposed to actually be.)

Oh well... I still do tend to prefer story most of all, but, as a primarily visual artist, it does effect a lot of my judgment and such. But that's also why I can see the joy in other designs I don't like so much... Like, I really do enjoy Cyclops' outfit in Wolverine and the X-Men.
ImageImage
ShadeC4
I live my life as I feel

Postby Skids » Thu Jun 18, 2009 2:06 pm

Yeah, his Astonishing X-Men outfit (Same as Wolverine and the X-Men outfit, minus trenchcoat) is the best he's looked since X-Factor, I feel.
Skids

Postby ShadeC4 » Thu Jun 18, 2009 4:59 pm

Well... I just checked that costume out... And I can say I don't really like it so much. It has the simplicity and complexity backwards, imo. His WatXM costume has the right balance of his most classic costume with an updated appeal imo. Heck, there was even a part in the series where he was wearing that classic outfit... Suggesting that his current is actually an outright update to that.
ImageImage
ShadeC4
I live my life as I feel

Postby Beastbot » Fri Jun 19, 2009 12:36 am

I love Blob's costume, for the singular reason that he's NOT WEARING HIDEOUS TIGHTS. All other versions of him, just.... ew.
Last updated October 4th
Current Transformers Total: 4,365
Beastbot
Slimy yet Satisfying

Postby ShadeC4 » Fri Jun 19, 2009 5:15 pm

You mean in Evolution? Personally, I never got the whole tights thing on him... Yeah, sure, he's a "circus freak," but, still... You'd think he'd wear something more comfortable and easy to get in/out of than that leotard. ;x:
ImageImage
ShadeC4
I live my life as I feel

Postby Skids » Fri Jun 19, 2009 10:44 pm

Blob, in the comics, was a force to be reckoned with in his first appearance. He gathered a mob of carnies and other thugs, found the X-mansion, and was about to directly menace Xavier when Charlie wiped his memory. He kinda devolved into a more obnoxious character in the hands of Chris Claremont, though that Blob has his own appeal (Especially when he was one of the "good guys" in Freedom Force (Government-sponsored Brotherhood) and was all smug about being on the side of "right".
Skids

Return to The Theater