What you're watching now

Post about your favorite movies and shows here!

Postby ShadeC4 » Sun Nov 29, 2009 6:21 am

There... Lucky Star version. :P (Misao Kusakabe)
ImageImage
ShadeC4
I live my life as I feel

Postby Transypoo » Sun Nov 29, 2009 12:47 pm

:annoyed: Haven't gotten to her yet... we'll see. But she looks way to perky. They don't make characters like they use to when I was-

:happy4: ALRIGHT LUCKIES! IT'S TOME FOR ME TO GOOO!!!
Transypoo
It's fine. It's fine!

Postby ShadeC4 » Sun Nov 29, 2009 3:18 pm

Well... If we go literal... In Japanese dub, this is the Lucky Star version of Lolfang. In the English dub, this is the Lucky Star version of Lolfang (Via: Same voice actor(s).) Misao has the look, though. :P

We're lucky (no pun intended) as Konata is the leader of the group in Lucky Star, as Haruhi is God in Haruhi. And its the same voice actor for both no matter whether or not you're going by the Japanese dub or the English dub. :O3^: So whatchya gonna do? :laughing: God wants to date her Lucky Star counterpart. >:O
ImageImage
ShadeC4
I live my life as I feel

Postby Transypoo » Mon Nov 30, 2009 2:14 am

:confused: Both those characters are left-handed...
Transypoo
It's fine. It's fine!

Postby ShadeC4 » Mon Nov 30, 2009 4:55 am

rofl... It seems you missed the part where EVERY character (or at least something like 90%) in Lucky Star is left handed, except Konata. Konata is ambidextrous.

Don't get caught up on those kinds of details. ;p
ImageImage
ShadeC4
I live my life as I feel

Postby Transypoo » Mon Nov 30, 2009 11:40 am

:blank: The odds of that thought...
Transypoo
It's fine. It's fine!

Postby ShadeC4 » Mon Nov 30, 2009 3:42 pm

Not really. After having seen Lucky Star, it should make sense they'd just go "This is a cool idea, let's do it" and then everyone ended up left handed.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Just saw Battle Angel Alita. (It's just a 2 episode OVA thus far.) And, after reading stuff on its Wiki page, it makes me even more glad for James Cameron's Avatar.

From the Wiki page:
Avatar will be a "training ground" for Battle Angel, as the alien characters involved in that film will be based on similar technology. In addition, the film will be filmed with the digital 3D system Cameron developed for Avatar.

We is pleased. ::3:
ImageImage
ShadeC4
I live my life as I feel

Postby Nemesis Scourge » Wed Dec 09, 2009 9:42 am

In addition to what I was already watching - Seitokai no Ichizon, Kimi ni Todoke and Kobato.

Hoping to watch soon - Jetman and TimeRanger
Image Image
Nemesis Scourge
Master of Shadows

Postby Skids » Sun Jan 03, 2010 12:39 am

With nothing better to do, I finally updated my DVD Af. page...which is good, since we have a ton of movies...we have always been big movie fans, but at some point, it dawned on us, hey, we could OWN our favorite movies! (About 20 yrs. after the rest of the human population. Blame discount DVDs, too. XD). http://skidplates.dvdaf.com/owned
Skids
You are my friend, aren't you?

Postby Nemesis Scourge » Tue Jan 19, 2010 1:56 pm

Baka to Test to Shoukanjuu, Chu-Bra!!, Dance in the Vampire Bund, Durarara!!, Hanamaru Youchien, Ladies Vs. Butlers!, Omamori Himari, Ookamikakushi, Seikon no Qwaser and So Ra No Wo To.

I really started a lot this season...
Image Image
Nemesis Scourge
Master of Shadows

Re: What you're watching now

Postby ShadeC4 » Mon Aug 23, 2010 11:47 pm

Paranoia Agent. Cause it's awesome. & I don't know why. O_o: Has a Boogiepop Phantom feel to it... With some Serial Experiments Lain & just a bit of BECK: Mongolian Chop Squad. But it appears to be far less sensical than those, too. While also being more realistic...

I dunno... I don't get why it's so entertaining but it is.
ImageImage
ShadeC4
I live my life as I feel

Postby Transypoo » Thu Jan 06, 2011 1:23 am

Alright, I'm just starting the second season of K-on! It's crazy adorable, and has awesome songs.

Also, I'm excited 'cause BBCAmerica has just put up the first episode of the fourth season of Primeval, the third one kinda sucked majorly, but the new season has Julian Bashir! (Who was always my favorite character until they gave him that 'genetically modified' retcon that ruined him.) What's weird about PRimeval is they introduced the main cast, then sent the main character to alternate universe, then killed him and now we're watching the cast in this new universe... no redemption. I can't quite decide weather it's a bold move on the parts of the writers to constantly break the rules of story telling, or just poor writing... but who cares it's a show about time traveling Dinosaurs!

Also, the put up the X-mas special of Doc Who, and I hope the new season starts soon. (Steven Moffat is an awesome writer!)

Also, been watching Sliders via Netflix, so been watching that...

and my mom got Moonlighting for X-mas, so been watching that too. Bruce Willis' character is John McClane with out the swearing.
Transypoo
It's fine. It's fine!

Postby Skids » Thu Jan 06, 2011 3:48 pm

Miami (punch you in the gut) Vice. Gritty and pulls no punches, and has excellent, consistent characterization. Great direction too...they got Michael Mann, who went on to direct great movies like Heat. Also, season 1 of Columbo...which reminds me, just one more thing...
Skids

Postby ShadeC4 » Mon Mar 14, 2011 4:27 pm

Cromartie High School. Wtf is with this series? lol It's so awesome & I don't totally get why. The sheer level of ridiculousness... How they say EVERYTHING so intensely!! lol It's just so much win. ::3:
ImageImage
ShadeC4
I live my life as I feel

Postby Skids » Mon Mar 21, 2011 10:21 pm

Castle, which IS as good as everyone I know has been telling me!

Also Hawaii Five-O (The original...which is actually pretty darned gritty for 1968; it feels like the Miami Vice of its day, showing the not-so-pretty side of a tourist destination.) I like that they do real investigative work, as well as action; like, spend all-nighters working on the cases.
Skids

PreviousNext

Return to The Theater