What you're watching now

Post about your favorite movies and shows here!

Re: What you're watching now

Postby ShadeC4 » Sat Sep 17, 2011 6:25 pm

Finally caved in & started watching MFGG. Took me long enough.
ImageImage
ShadeC4
I live my life as I feel

Postby Transypoo » Sun Sep 18, 2011 12:03 am

MFGG?

I've been rewatching The Big Bang Theory.
Transypoo
It's fine. It's fine!

Postby ShadeC4 » Sun Sep 25, 2011 6:47 am

Transypoo wrote:MFGG?

Mobile Fighter G Gundam - the 1 Gundam series I swore I'd never watch. :laughing:
ImageImage
ShadeC4
I live my life as I feel

Postby Transypoo » Sun Sep 25, 2011 10:36 am

Ah. Yes, that one's a little strange, but cool. But then I didn't really watch it, just random episodes from when it was on Toonami.
Transypoo
It's fine. It's fine!

Postby ShadeC4 » Mon Sep 26, 2011 2:13 am

It's a fighter series more than it is story based but my tastes in movies lately have been more toward action flicks & I'm more into gameplay in video games than I used to be (i.e. action). So yeah. More into action now so figured it was the perfect time to watch it. I already knew I'd eventually watch it though... Nearly everything I say I'll never watch I end up watching & enjoying.

Heck, I could easily enjoy Twilight. But I'd rather not watch it. I already know it'd be a "dry enjoyment." Stuff like that always leaves me wanting something else.
ImageImage
ShadeC4
I live my life as I feel

Postby Transypoo » Sat Jun 16, 2012 3:07 pm

Last night, I watched John Carter (of Mars). I don't know what on earth other people were watching, but it was by FAR not the worst movie ever made. I watched Night o the Bloodbeast just the day before, and that was MUCH, MUCH, MUCH, MUCH worse than the worst movie you can think of. There's not even a Bloodbeast in it, and I don't think any of it take place at night.

The main problem with John Carter, is the title. It's the worst titled film... although it does at least contain a character named "John Carter." (Unlike Bloodbeast) But at the very end, the very very end (not a spoiler) it shows the title again and adds "of Mars" to it and then shows a cool "JCM" logo that was on some of the early posters. It's almost like Disney didn't know how to market this thing, like after everyone failed to recognize the JCM logo they came up with, they decided that everyone was familiar with the series. I had no idea what or who John Carter was/is. Now I know that it was a serialized novel by the same guy who created Tarzan. It's a good story! Sort of has that "the white man can solve ALL the problems of this world" but with a better explanation as to why than, let's say, Avatar, which seems to also rip off this story, on top of Ferngully.

I really enjoyed the way the Martians had some technology that was waaay more advanced than what we even have today, and yet were also, in other respects, behind even the 1889 time frame. The effects were really well done too.

Again, I think the problem with the movie was the marketing, like I said, they assumed the populace as a whole would be intimately familiar with the story and excited by just the name of the character. It also cracked me up how many times the characters throughout the movie would say a line that would have made a better title. I get why they didn't go with "A Princess of Mars" that would have gotten little girls into the theater, especially since they almost refused to tell you anything about the movie before it came out. John Carter of Earth, John Carter of Mars, John Carter of Barsoom, Barsoom, Under the Moons of Mars, it's like the writer/Director (Who also made Finding Nemo and Wall-E) wanted to stick as many title references in there as he could, hoping someone would pick the title out of a random line in the script.
Transypoo
It's fine. It's fine!

Postby Skids » Sun Jun 17, 2012 8:27 pm

Darn, it wasn't terrible? That's disappointing. :smile2:
Now I feel slightly sorry for the exec they fired because of it.
Skids
You are my friend, aren't you?

Postby Transypoo » Sun Jun 17, 2012 9:28 pm

To be fare he was the one who came up with the ad campaign that killed an otherwise good movie.
Transypoo
It's fine. It's fine!

Postby Transypoo » Fri Sep 19, 2014 12:12 pm

Bringing this topic back from the DEAD because: I just finished rewatching, seasons one and two of Transformers Animated! And next up is season three! Which I have never seen! So, YEAH! :happy3:
Transypoo
It's fine. It's fine!

Postby Beastbot » Fri Sep 19, 2014 8:58 pm

You've never seen it? Well that's the best season, dude, get on it!
Last updated July 14th
Current Transformers Total: 4,192
Beastbot
Slimy yet Satisfying

Previous

Return to The Theater