TV Movie News 1/09

Post about your favorite movies and shows here!

TV Movie News 1/09

Postby Skids » Wed Jan 14, 2009 7:16 pm

The former topic lasted over a full year! So now let's begin again with some G.I. Joe news:
These are from G.I. Joe: The Rise of Cobra
http://joebattlelines.com/phpBB3/viewto ... =63&t=9177

This, uh, is not…
http://joebattlelines.com/phpBB3/viewto ... =63&t=9843 :evil2:
Skids
You are my friend, aren't you?

Postby Matrix3 » Thu Jan 15, 2009 6:41 pm

The Japanese animation studio Sunrise has officially announced the plans for a live-action film adaptation of its Cowboy Bebop science-fiction anime franchise. The American film studio Twentieth Century Fox, the production company 3 Arts Entertainment, and Sunrise itself are collaborating on the project. Keanu Reeves (The Matrix, A Scanner Darkly, Johnny Mnemonic) is slated to star. Joshua Long is acting as a production supervisor, and Erwin Stoff, a film producer who worked closely with Reeves on The Matrix and A Scanner Darkly, is also attached. The associate producers are Sunrise President Kenji Uchida, the original Cowboy Bebop director Shinichiro Watanabe, and the original series script supervisor Keiko Nobumoto. The Sunrise studio itself and Masahiko Minami (former Sunrise producer and BONES studio co-founder) are both acting as production consultants.

Stoff first revealed the existence of the proposed project last July to the IFMagazine.com entertainment website after the parties "just signed it the other day." Reeves confirmed the plans and his intentions to play the lead role with MTV Movies Blog last month. He also indicated that the preliminary story outline partly draws inspiration from the "Red Eye" storyline from the first episode of the animated series. Reeves and Watanabe had previously worked together on the "Kid's Story" segment of The Animatrix animated video anthology.
Matrix3
Lord of the Wanderers

Postby ShadeC4 » Fri Jan 16, 2009 1:14 am

You know... Keanu Reeves would make a good Kaneda. Or does he mean he will be playing Tetsuo? Or are there changes from such in the anime and manga I'm not aware of? (I've only ever seen the movie. ;x: )
ImageImage
ShadeC4
I live my life as I feel

Postby Transypoo » Fri Jan 16, 2009 1:42 am

Uhh... I think he's going to be playing Spike.
Transypoo
It's fine. It's fine!

Postby Skids » Fri Jan 16, 2009 2:22 am

Yeah, Keanu is on the Cowboy Bebop movie project. Leo Dicaprio is producing the Akira movie, and already said that he is a fan of the source material and will not be casting himself in it (At least not in a lead role).
Skids

Postby ShadeC4 » Fri Jan 16, 2009 2:27 am

Ha ha. I mixed info up. That's sweet.

Well, regardless... They should take Keanu out of acting in the lead of Cowboy Bebop, and put him in the lead of Akira. He can't play Spike. Spike has too much emotion for Keanu to portray.
Last edited by ShadeC4 on Tue Feb 17, 2009 2:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImage
ShadeC4
I live my life as I feel

Postby Transypoo » Fri Jan 16, 2009 2:47 am

Well, it depends, Spike spends a lot of time emotionally dead.
Transypoo
It's fine. It's fine!

Postby ShadeC4 » Fri Jan 16, 2009 6:28 am

Yeah, but those exciting moments... I dunno if Keanu can pull that off. Maybe if he was back in Ted Theodore Logan days...
ImageImage
ShadeC4
I live my life as I feel

Postby Transypoo » Fri Jan 16, 2009 3:25 pm

Well, that's the thing, he is Ted. It's why the best delivered line in the Matrix was "Whoa."
Transypoo
It's fine. It's fine!

Postby ShadeC4 » Thu Jan 22, 2009 1:30 am

He actually acted back in those days. ::\ Or at least played himself well enough to make it appear as acting. :laughing::;: Just give him some more intelligent stuff to say and you have your Spike.

... j/k :P
ImageImage
ShadeC4
I live my life as I feel

Postby Skids » Tue Jan 27, 2009 12:05 pm

The Red Dwarf crew will come back to Earth when the show returns this Easter, 21 years since the science fiction series first blasted off.

For eight series totalling 52 episodes, Dave Lister wanted to return to his home planet. Now, at last, he has - in Red Dwarf: Back To Earth.

Written and directed by Red Dwarf co-creator Doug Naylor, the new show reunites Chris Barrie as Rimmer, Craig Charles as Lister, Danny John-Jules as Cat and Robert Llewellyn as Kryten.

The two-part series Red Dwarf: Back To Earth, will kick start a Red Dwarf Easter weekend from Good Friday on TV channel Dave.

This will be followed by Red Dwarf: Unplugged, a "no holds barred" episode with no sets, no effects - and no autocue.

The weekend will climax with Red Dwarf: The Making Of Back To Earth, a behind-the-scenes special from the new production.

Dave will reveal news snippets from the production at joindave.co.uk.

Red Dwarf is Dave's biggest commission yet and its first foray into scripted comedy.
Skids

Postby Skids » Tue Jan 27, 2009 12:17 pm

http://www.hisstank.com/gi-joe-news/gi- ... eets-7951/

New G.I. Joe posters!

Fans have been wondering if they went with "Ripcord" (The original Ripcord was caucasian) because they thought "Stalker" wouldn't exactly be a good name for a hero. Be interesting if he filled the "Stalker" role and personality in the movie; Stalker in the original comics was a good mix of badass and take-charge in crisis situations, and comic relief through witty dialogue. So I don't think getting someone who's usually in comic roles to play a key Joe is necessarily a bad thing.

Fans who go "OH noes Joe must be serious111" tend to forget, maybe, that the original comic was permeated with wisecracks and wit. Of course, you got the impression they were cracking jokes either because they were THAT good, or to keep from going insane from the danger, or probably both. But I've gotten plenty of good laughs out of Hama's clever, dry sense of humor.
Skids

Postby ShadeC4 » Tue Jan 27, 2009 3:46 pm

Nate... I am far sorry from this, so... SCREW your G.I. Joe. Red Dwarf is... BACK. :shock:
Skids wrote:The Red Dwarf crew will come back to Earth when the show returns this Easter, 21 years since the science fiction series first blasted off.

For eight series totalling 52 episodes, Dave Lister wanted to return to his home planet. Now, at last, he has - in Red Dwarf: Back To Earth.

Written and directed by Red Dwarf co-creator Doug Naylor, the new show reunites Chris Barrie as Rimmer, Craig Charles as Lister, Danny John-Jules as Cat and Robert Llewellyn as Kryten.

The two-part series Red Dwarf: Back To Earth, will kick start a Red Dwarf Easter weekend from Good Friday on TV channel Dave.

This will be followed by Red Dwarf: Unplugged, a "no holds barred" episode with no sets, no effects - and no autocue.

The weekend will climax with Red Dwarf: The Making Of Back To Earth, a behind-the-scenes special from the new production.

Dave will reveal news snippets from the production at joindave.co.uk.

Red Dwarf is Dave's biggest commission yet and its first foray into scripted comedy.

EFFIN A YUSSS!!!!!!!!!! :happy4: :happy4: :happy4: :happy4: :happy4: :happy4: :happy4: :happy4:

NO OTHER NEWS IS ACCEPTED FOR SEVERAL DAYS NOW >:O

In all sincerity: I have no control over such, but... You get how excited I am. I have been waiting for this for a VERY long, long, long, long, long time... And the shock comes as they stated the sequel/finish would never be made. O_o: I know they had it in the works for a very long time, but... Yeah. It was predicted to never come, and, now... There... It is... *single tear of joy* :happy4:
ImageImage
ShadeC4
I live my life as I feel

Postby Skids » Tue Jan 27, 2009 9:08 pm

Definitely good news! I have yet to see past the first two seasons (I think) but I enjoyed it greatly.

Anyhoo, since this is technically an addendum to old news: Storm Shadow movie poster: http://www.hisstank.com/gi-joe-news/att ... entid=3243
Skids

Postby Time Lord » Wed Jan 28, 2009 11:07 am

No, sorry mate, but I'm with Shade. RED DWARF IS BACK BABY! YYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

(Yeah!)

(SMMMMEEEE-HHHEEEEEEE!!!!)
Timey's YouTube page!

Timey's thought of the Day: Transypoo fixed my sig? And put words in my mouth? Scandalous!
Time Lord
Master of the Hunters

Next

Return to The Theater