Entertainment News

Post about your favorite movies and shows here!

Postby Transypoo » Sun Nov 02, 2008 9:09 pm

Can't be any worse than the Finding Nemo ride that's just the old Captain Nemo ride with new flashy holograms and the same plot as the film. (They even comment on it.)
Transypoo
It's fine. It's fine!

Postby ShadeC4 » Mon Nov 03, 2008 2:38 am

They all sound rather unimaginative to me. Same thing repeated constantly is all... ;x: I need change.
ImageImage
ShadeC4
I live my life as I feel

Postby Matrix3 » Mon Nov 03, 2008 6:44 pm

Funimation has a test episode of Keroro Gunso on youtube and is asking input on it:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iQ5mQPVQmZ8
Matrix3
Lord of the Wanderers

Postby Transypoo » Mon Nov 03, 2008 7:16 pm

I'm not 100% behind the voices... and where're all the gundam references? And why's every one's name changed?
Transypoo
It's fine. It's fine!

Postby Matrix3 » Mon Nov 03, 2008 7:44 pm

I like Giroro's and Kururu's is alittle OK. Well since Gundam is a bandai product I asume it is licensing issues they could not resolve. What the heck is with planet wuss? wussian?
Matrix3
Lord of the Wanderers

Postby ShadeC4 » Mon Nov 03, 2008 8:10 pm

There's been a lot of nice feedback, imo... This is the first smart thing a company has done with the internet + YouTube. Kudos for them for actually starting to use it as a resource, instead of attacking it as an enemy.
ImageImage
ShadeC4
I live my life as I feel

matrix3

Postby Matrix3 » Mon Nov 03, 2008 8:23 pm

The internet was used to pick the english VA for Haruhi Suzumiya as well.
Matrix3
Lord of the Wanderers

Postby ShadeC4 » Mon Nov 03, 2008 10:13 pm

Nice... Did a great job, imo. LOVED all the voices in that series. Characters were well done, all around. :3
ImageImage
ShadeC4
I live my life as I feel

Postby Matrix3 » Tue Nov 11, 2008 12:14 am

Some news about the Ghostbusters game. It will be comming out Fall 2009 to conside with the 25th anniversary of the 1st movie.
Matrix3
Lord of the Wanderers

Postby ShadeC4 » Tue Nov 11, 2008 2:19 am

Nice... Glad to see that's coming round. :3 Any new news on the 3rd film? (You had some before, iirc.)
ImageImage
ShadeC4
I live my life as I feel

Postby Matrix3 » Tue Nov 11, 2008 1:10 pm

There's no 3rd movie comming out. I think you got confused because what I said was the events in the game could be considered as Ghosbusters 3.
Matrix3
Lord of the Wanderers

Postby ShadeC4 » Tue Nov 11, 2008 2:52 pm

Probably... *shrugs* I dunno any more. :laughing:

Regardless, I figure the game will be a great "consolation prize." :3
ImageImage
ShadeC4
I live my life as I feel

Postby Skids » Tue Nov 11, 2008 7:18 pm

Lots 'o Marvel movie news:

Answering a lingering question about their future movie plans and marking a major coup, Marvel Studios officially announced Tuesday that both Robert Downey Jr. and Jon Favreau will be directly involved The Avengers movie in 2011, a year after they both reprise their respective roles in the 2010's Iron Man 2.

Marvel Studios clarified Downey Jr.'s deal with the studio is a four picture deal, paving the way for him to play Tony Stark/Iron Man in the Iron Man sequel, plus a future third installment, as well as the ensemble Avengers movie.

Favreau is of course directing Iron Man 2 and will executive produce The Avengers.

The studio also officially confirmed the news from last week that actor Don Cheadle has taken over the role of James 'Rhodey' Rhodes in Iron Man 2, adding that he is also signed to play in the role in the The Avengers movie and future sequels.

"We are very excited about working with the extraordinarily talented Don Cheadle as we expand the role of Rhodey in Iron Man 2. It has already become apparent as we prep the movie for production, that the dynamic between Robert and Don will take Iron Man 2 to new heights," said Kevin Feige, President of Marvel Studios, in the announcement.

In what the studio is calling a "movie event", The Avengers will bring together the superhero team of Marvel Comics characters for the first time ever, including "Iron Man, Captain America, Thor, the Hulk and more, as they are forced to band together to battle the biggest foe they've ever faced."

The highly-anticipated sequel to Iron Man will be released in theatres on May 7, 2010 and The Avengers will be released July 15, 2011. Both films will be distributed by Paramount Pictures.
[/i]

So Rhodes will be played by a different guy, but hey, it happens, and they got a great actor to replace him.

According to Variety, Marvel Studios has entered into negotiations with director Kenneth Branagh to helm the adventures of their Asgardian hero. No distributor has been chosen for the self-financed project.

This could be seen as an unusual choice by Marvel's Kevin Feige, seeing as the last action work Branagh did was 1989's blood-soaked "Henry the Fifth," but is actually a fairly common theme based on the choices of Jon Favreau for "Iron Man," Christopher Nolan's success with the Batman franchise and Gavin Hood's upcoming "X-Men Origins: Wolverine."

Pretty awesome to get a very accomplished Shakespearean actor to direct Thor. Fits nicely, I think.

Man, it's awesome in general that comic book movies can attract such good actors/directors these days.
Skids
You are my friend, aren't you?

Postby ShadeC4 » Tue Nov 11, 2008 8:11 pm

Way I heard it, the guy who played Rhodes was kicked out of the role because he demanded more money. ;x:
ImageImage
ShadeC4
I live my life as I feel

Postby Skids » Wed Nov 12, 2008 1:39 am

I'm usually not a big "film vs. comic" stickler, but as a fan of the character, I have to say he didn't quite nail it right, in any case; Fine performance within the confines of the movie, but compared to the comic-perfect casting of Tony, Movie Rhodes, taken in the context of the overall Iron Man franchise, wasn't nearly...I guess, course enough in his demeanor.
Skids
You are my friend, aren't you?

PreviousNext

Return to The Theater