Entertainment News

Post about your favorite movies and shows here!

Entertainment News

Postby Matrix3 » Wed Aug 06, 2008 11:19 pm

Ok since every previous post has been deleted I thought I should make this. We can use this to post movie, video game and etc news. To start off here is a bit of info I found on TF 2:

As was previously reported, the titular Fallen refers to one of the original 13 Transformers created by Primus. In established Transformers lore, the Fallen betrayed the god-like Primus by allying himself with the planet-devouring Unicron. The Fallen was eventually trapped between dimensions.

According to CHUD, Megatron might be "brought back by the Autobots, who need him to conquer the new menace. But I've learned that this time he won't be that weird alien jet. This time he's a tank."
Matrix3
Lord of the Wanderers

Postby Transypoo » Thu Aug 07, 2008 2:07 am

Go to the front page, there's all kinds of new forums, this kinda news shouls be in "The Treater"

For future reference.
Transypoo
It's fine. It's fine!

Postby ShadeC4 » Mon Aug 11, 2008 5:47 pm

May I suggest this topic be moved? :blank:
ImageImage
ShadeC4
I live my life as I feel

Postby Transypoo » Mon Aug 11, 2008 6:33 pm

Well, it can be now... just wanted 'im to see it...
Transypoo
It's fine. It's fine!

Postby ShadeC4 » Mon Aug 11, 2008 6:42 pm

Yeah, I kinda figured that. :3
ImageImage
ShadeC4
I live my life as I feel

Postby Skids » Tue Aug 12, 2008 12:36 pm

Yes, let him see it...let him see it BURN!!!
Skids
You are my friend, aren't you?

Postby Skids » Tue Aug 12, 2008 2:17 pm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zITV5dmBl3k
It's the G.I. Joe Resolute clip, from the panel at Joecon. (As in, recorded at the panel, so the quality is pretty terrible. Still, what can be seen is awesome! And hey, Steve Blum as Duke (Spike from Cowboy Bebop, Wolverine in the new X-Men toon that's coming up), which is great.
Skids
You are my friend, aren't you?

Postby Transypoo » Tue Aug 12, 2008 5:03 pm

And knowing is half the battle!

AWE-SUM! AWE-haw-haw-haw-SU-uh-uh-h-UHM!
Transypoo
It's fine. It's fine!

Postby Time Lord » Wed Aug 13, 2008 7:02 am

Looking forward to seeing that. Good action in that and finally an animated Joe series that shows death!
Timey's YouTube page!

Timey's thought of the Day: Transypoo fixed my sig? And put words in my mouth? Scandalous!
Time Lord
Master of the Hunters

Postby ShadeC4 » Wed Aug 13, 2008 9:45 pm

O.o...
ImageImage
ShadeC4
I live my life as I feel

Postby Matrix3 » Sat Aug 23, 2008 8:10 pm

Some bad news about the Ghostbusters video game:

On July 28, 2008 Activision Blizzard (the publisher of Vivendi's and Sierra's titles) announced that only 5 franchises would come out through Activision. Ghostbusters was not one of them and was put in limbo following the announcement. It was later confirmed from the Sierra PR team that the game had not and will not be cancelled. It is also still listed on the Activision website with a release date of the October 31, 2008. On July 30, 2008, it was reported that the game may be delayed until 2009, with Sony Pictures stating "this has presented [Sony Pictures Consumer Products] with an opportunity to reevaluate the game release marketing strategy to potentially coincide with the 25th anniversary of the original film in '09." Activision and Sony Pictures are looking for another publisher.

So there you have it no Ghostbusters game till perhaps next year.
Matrix3
Lord of the Wanderers

Postby ShadeC4 » Sat Aug 23, 2008 8:56 pm

Bah... They better make it come out. ;x:
ImageImage
ShadeC4
I live my life as I feel

Postby Matrix3 » Mon Sep 08, 2008 11:45 pm

News about the Gi Joe Comic by IDW:

G.I. Joe #0 preview book ($1). IDW describes the 24-page one-shot as follows: "The issue contains three stand-alone five-page stories unique to the #0 issue, as well as character sketches and commentary from artist Robert Atkins, previews of upcoming covers, and interviews with the new G.I. JOE creators. The issue features two regular covers, one from Dave Dorman and one from JonBoy Meyers, as well as two special incentive covers from Atkins and a wraparound image by Ben Templesmith."

IDW also elaborated on legendary G.I. Joe writer Larry Hama's role with their new titles. Hama was responsible for the G.I. Joe series Marvel Comics published back in the '80s and was a guiding force for the franchise during its heyday. Hama will be writing the series G.I. Joe: Origins. Here is IDW's description for that series: "[G.I. Joe: Origins] re-envisions the G.I. JOE team for a new generation. Hama will be putting his great strength of blending strong characterization and action storytelling, honed over decades of writing these characters, to effective use in looking at the formations of the G.I. JOE organization and just who the characters on the team really are. Hama will be joined by artist/colorist Tom Feister (Ex Machina). Each issue will come with two regular covers, one by Andrea Di Vito and one by Feister himself. The series launches in February 2009."

Hama is not actually guiding IDW's core series however, which will simply be called G.I. Joe. Written by Chuck Dixon and with art by Robert Atkins, the series "moves ahead in the timeline from Larry Hama's series and looks at the fledging G.I. JOE organization as it explores an all-new threat, a shadowy organization that is first introduced to the team in a #0 issue story. Dave Johnson (100 Bullets) will provide covers for the series, as will Atkins. The first issue features a special wraparound variant cover by superstar artist Gabriele Dell'Otto (Secret War)," according to the publisher. The series launches in January 2009.

Lastly, a look at the villains. G.I. Joe: Cobra will launch in March 2009, and is a four-issue mini-series focusing on a new status quo for the classic Joe enemies. Christos Gage and Mike Costa are writing with art by Antonio Fuso and covers by Howard Chaykin. IDW adds that "the series views the sinister COBRA organization from a ground-floor view as a familiar G.I. JOE team member seeks to infiltrate Cobra and learn their inner workings."
Matrix3
Lord of the Wanderers

Postby ShadeC4 » Tue Sep 09, 2008 2:59 am

It just dawns on me... Wasn't the video game supposed to be Ghostbusters 3? I thought that they basically scrapped the 3rd movie idea and went with that. O_o:?
ImageImage
ShadeC4
I live my life as I feel

Postby Transypoo » Tue Sep 09, 2008 3:14 pm

From what I heard/saw it looks like the game goes through both movies and continues onto it own. Plus I heard that someone's been scripting a Ghostbusters 3 with no word on if the actors would come back.
Transypoo
It's fine. It's fine!

Next

Return to The Theater