Official Transformers 2 news topic

Post about your favorite movies and shows here!

Postby Transypoo » Sat Mar 21, 2009 4:30 pm

Transypoo
It's fine. It's fine!

Postby ShadeC4 » Sat Mar 21, 2009 5:39 pm

Johnny Depp :blank:
ImageImage
ShadeC4
I live my life as I feel

Postby Transypoo » Sat Mar 21, 2009 11:53 pm

...makes any movie better! :smile2:
Transypoo
It's fine. It's fine!

Postby ShadeC4 » Sun Mar 22, 2009 1:34 am

PotC
ImageImage
ShadeC4
I live my life as I feel

Postby Transypoo » Sun Mar 22, 2009 11:49 am

Pirates was good, the sequels, not so much... well, three was terrible, two was ok.
Transypoo
It's fine. It's fine!

Postby ShadeC4 » Sun Mar 22, 2009 12:08 pm

Transypoo wrote:Pirates was good, the sequels, not so much... well, three was terrible, two was ok.

Blasphemy... ;x:
ImageImage
ShadeC4
I live my life as I feel

Postby Skids » Sun Mar 22, 2009 9:55 pm

Robert Orci has revealed two names that are currently being looked at for the voice of the title villain in Revenge of the Fallen, and both names should be quite familiar to Transformers fans!

Originally Posted by Chris B
Hey Bob, what are your feelings towards the idea of Leonard Nimoy doing the voice of the Fallen?

Originally Posted by Bob Orci
Would love it. I actually talked to him about it, given the odd coincidence that he is Michael Bay's cousin through marriage, but fan outcry has also put Welker in the running.

Seriously? There's a question? Go with the Nimoy!!! G1 Movie Galvatron was highly menacing. Welker can play crazy Galvatron in TF3.
Skids
You are my friend, aren't you?

Postby ShadeC4 » Sun Mar 22, 2009 10:44 pm

Skids wrote:Seriously? There's a question? Go with the Nimoy!!! G1 Movie Galvatron was highly menacing. Welker can play crazy Galvatron in TF3.

What he said.
ImageImage
ShadeC4
I live my life as I feel

Postby Transypoo » Sun Mar 22, 2009 10:45 pm

Woah... Nimoy 100% Heck if they do the same thing to his voice that they did to Weaving's voice, dude, that'd be scary!
Transypoo
It's fine. It's fine!

Postby Skids » Mon Mar 30, 2009 1:54 pm

The current screenwriting team has indicated that they won't be coming back for TF3, as they don't want to get into a creative rut/be the "Robot Movie guys". Bay also indicates that he won't work on the project unless he gets a year off (i.e. Unless the movie comes out in 2012, not 2011 as-currently-stated.)

So we could see a creative shake-up. Just as long as it's less bumpy that X2-->X3, we should be okay.

Simon Furman could always be a last resort as writer. :evil2: (And yes, that sentence contained a Furman reference. The Last Resort is the nickname of the Autobot prison Garrus-9 in the IDW 'verse. :smile: )
Skids

Postby Transypoo » Thu Apr 02, 2009 11:40 am

Ah, the cast list!

You know on some levels a big green guy stealing the name of an even bigger green guy is some how fitting... it's like the pirates that started calling them selves "Blackbeard" after Edward Teach retired. (Of course he came out of retirement to kill those guys, and his long time rival then killed him.

So, on some level, the tank's name could have been Brawl and took the name "Devastator" so when people hear that "Devastator" is coming their way they run or surrender. As we saw, Devastator was not that great a fighter...

Wait, wait, wait, WAIT!!!!!

"THE DOCTOR?!?!?!??!?!?!?!?!?!?!" Okay, if he turns into a white car, I KNOW Hasbro has implanted a monitoring device in my brain!!!!

Ahh... Michael Bay... gotta love 'em.
Transypoo
It's fine. It's fine!

Postby Skids » Thu Apr 02, 2009 11:43 am

I think "The Doctor" will probably be that microscope guy. Just a hunch...

Also, they don't mention that Arcee has two sisters, Chromia and another one whose name we don't know yet. (The three are seen chasing Sideways down in the trailer, after he bursts through that building.)

Interestingly enough, it seems that the rumor about Skids and Mudflap combining to form the ice cream truck initially is likely true. The truck is among the Autobots who shows up in alt mode at the end of the last issue of ROTF Prequel: Alliance #4, and then we get a glimpse of a robot who looks like one of the twins, but is all beat-up and white, on the final page.

Hope they make a toy of that!
Skids

Postby Transypoo » Thu Apr 02, 2009 1:28 pm

You know, some one should retroactively make a tape that turns into a scorpion!

Well, they don't want to giveaway ALL the secrets, and they might be thinking of Arcee's combined form for this poster.
Transypoo
It's fine. It's fine!

Postby ShadeC4 » Thu Apr 02, 2009 7:31 pm

Transypoo wrote:Wait, wait, wait, WAIT!!!!!

"THE DOCTOR?!?!?!??!?!?!?!?!?!?!" Okay, if he turns into a white car, I KNOW Hasbro has implanted a monitoring device in my brain!!!!

Fan character of yours, I take it? That would also make the joke of Hasbro following Nate and deleting web-pages after he posts their links no longer such a joke... ;x: At the same time, though, your mentioning that only amplifies that joke. :laughing:
ImageImage
ShadeC4
I live my life as I feel

Postby Transypoo » Fri Apr 03, 2009 12:04 am

The Doctor was a white one of these: http://www.tfu.info/1985/Autobot/MazdaT ... datype.htm but as a Decepticon I never owned any of the toys he could have potentially come with so I don't really know where he came from.

Although now that I think about it, my friend did have Seaspray, so maybe I got 'im in a trade. (I bought Seaspray years later from him at a yard sale.)

But since there's no official name for him, he's always going to be The Doctor to me.
Transypoo
It's fine. It's fine!

PreviousNext

Return to The Theater