Recommendations for TV, Movies, Anime, Video games, etc.

Post about your favorite movies and shows here!

Postby ShadeC4 » Fri Oct 10, 2008 12:06 am

Yeah. When he first showed it to me, he handed it to me so I could open it. And I was all "?!?!??!!!?!?!??!!!!!" when I did. Freakin AWESOME. @___________________________@
ImageImage
ShadeC4
I live my life as I feel

Postby ShadeC4 » Fri Oct 24, 2008 7:44 am

WOW, Haruhi really *is* so clueless of Kyon... Like, he doesn't even register to her. And, the few times he starts to, it's only for a mere split second - if even.

On another note: I've... Started noticing a lot of parallels between Haruhi and myself. :glanceright:;;
ImageImage
ShadeC4
I live my life as I feel

Postby ShadeC4 » Fri Oct 24, 2008 4:17 pm

... Haruhi is in love with Kyon. :glanceleft:
ImageImage
ShadeC4
I live my life as I feel

Postby Transypoo » Wed Nov 19, 2008 12:43 am

Ah, a video game topic, perfect!

So, the other day I got a cheep Wii two pack at Costco. Last time I did this I was sorely disappointed in the games. The one, "Counter Strike" was about robots, it mentioned something about customizing, well, I think "build a robot and fight with it, but no it was pick one of three and play... you remember that game with the jet flying over the green landscape? It plays like that only with slightly more 3-D action. The other was a monster trux game... it's not bad as far as racing games go. But to get back o n topic.

So, I got one game about penguins defending their fish from other Arctic animals (including the mammoth, making you wonder just exactly WHEN it takes place) with towers and snow ball cannons. I haven't played that yet...

The other is National Geographic's Sea Monsters: A Prehistoric Adventure... which I HAVE PLAYED.

So, I'm thinkin' a game about dinosaurs? Awesome! (Not really dinosaurs but prehistoric reptiles.) My. Goodness. I'm cool with the whole swimming about exploring and not being limited by time or purpose. Eat fish to replenish strength and collect fossils to unlock new creatures. It's all good and fine. The annoying things are 1) they don't tell you how to do anything. I'm not entirely sure what I'm doing. I figured that A makes my plesiosaur-type guy swim. And I figured out that if you don't rest and breath every so often you die. THE HECK?

In the Sims 2 for GBA you had to eat, go to the bathroom, and sleep every so often, but it warned you that you were about to pass out! I'm use to Link running all day and night not eating or sleeping or anything. Kills a dragon and then runs forty miles to the castle to tell so-n-so.

The other major problem is I can't figure out WHY my guy keeps making this downward suicide motion. He keeps, for no apparent reason, jerkily swimming down. Down to his airless pressured doom. Some times it activated when I press B which is supposed to be attack, I've never seen an attack out side of "Must. Burry. Head. In. Sand!"

It also took me a while to figure out that I can't eat the turtles and I need to stop "attacking" them. I finally figured out that if you swim towards a school of fish and start hitting B a lot and hope I don't stark jerking down.

I hope the other creatures don't do this...

So, don't buy the game.
Transypoo
It's fine. It's fine!

Postby ShadeC4 » Wed Nov 19, 2008 2:33 am

Transypoo wrote:It also took me a while to figure out that I can't eat the turtles and I need to stop "attacking" them.

lmfao :laughing: My fav line. :3
ImageImage
ShadeC4
I live my life as I feel

Postby Transypoo » Wed Nov 19, 2008 3:54 pm

IS it possible for a show to be MORE gay then He-man? Yes.

Just add some pink smurfs and presto!
Last edited by Transypoo on Wed Nov 19, 2008 9:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Transypoo
It's fine. It's fine!

Postby ShadeC4 » Wed Nov 19, 2008 8:34 pm

... O-o;
ImageImage
ShadeC4
I live my life as I feel

Postby TFDoc » Fri Nov 21, 2008 4:14 am

Warning : Possible spoilers for "The Happening"

I don't know if I recomend it, I'm not really sure if I think it's even a good movie or not, but I watched "The Happening" the other night, and I can say one thing, it disturbed the hell out of me! And not necassarily the "nature turns against man" aspect, or the whole creepy-creepy thing, like M. Night Shama-lama-lama-ding-dong always makes his movies, but the suicides really distured me. And I've seem a million horrific scenes in my time, I should be desensitized by now. The guy in the lions cage just stuck with me well beyond the point that I would have prefered, as did the construction guys and the lawn mower man. It actually got to the point that I was wishing I had rented something else and not seen it at all.

Now I sort of wish I hadn't written this, it's making me think about it again.

Weird.
This..., is The Dociverse. The place where all things small are larger than life. It had it's spontaneous beginings in the depths of time with The Micromaster Race Car Patrol. It grew quickly, and continues to expand, even as you read this.

TFDoc
TFDoc
Warlord of the Keepers of Souls

Postby ShadeC4 » Fri Nov 21, 2008 11:09 am

Yeah... I'm not gonna see that. :smile:
ImageImage
ShadeC4
I live my life as I feel

Postby Transypoo » Fri Nov 21, 2008 1:01 pm

First, it's Shyamalan (Shy-ah-ma-lawn) it's almost racist how NO ONE even tries to pronounce his name correctly. It's not that hard people!

Two, peope have been complaining that his movies haven't been scary since "The 6th Sense" and he finally make a movie that is horror and it frackin' awesome! Usually in horror movies the main villain is the murderer, weather that me, Freddy, Jason, a Xenomorph, or what have you, there's usually an external force doing it. Here, it's (well, it's external but invisible) it's more internal, entire crowds of people stop moving and suddenly kill them selves. It's really scary! Granted there's always some sort of 'twist' in there, but that's his style. Some times you can see it coming, sometimes not, just depends who you are and how your mind works.

His weakest moment was Lady in the Water, only for the fact that "Narf" has nothing to do with chinese (supposedly where the fairy tale, in the film, comes from) when all it does is remind me of Pinky. But is other wise a fine films with awesome monsters and zany characters.
Transypoo
It's fine. It's fine!

Postby ShadeC4 » Fri Nov 21, 2008 3:26 pm

Horror flicks have never really been my thing, regardless... Silent Hill got me due to having played the game. But, after seeing it, the film isn't that scary. It's too rushed to be scary... Which is unfortunate, cause the game still creeps me out.
ImageImage
ShadeC4
I live my life as I feel

Postby Skids » Fri Nov 21, 2008 7:28 pm

I can take gore...if it's animated. The sight of anything that looks like real blood/gore sickens me. I don't even really like to get injured, I get squimish about it. So I can read some pretty violent manga and such, same with watching anime, but you couldn't DRAG me into a horror movie...
Skids
You are my friend, aren't you?

Postby TFDoc » Fri Nov 21, 2008 8:34 pm

First, I don't think my attemped joke on his name came be classified as racist, since I have no idea what race he is. I wouldn't recognize him if I saw him on the street. I was just trying to be witty.

Blair Witch bored me, but I think Signs is an awesome movie. I don't recommend The Happening to anybody.
This..., is The Dociverse. The place where all things small are larger than life. It had it's spontaneous beginings in the depths of time with The Micromaster Race Car Patrol. It grew quickly, and continues to expand, even as you read this.

TFDoc
TFDoc
Warlord of the Keepers of Souls

Postby ShadeC4 » Fri Nov 21, 2008 10:11 pm

Blair Witch scared me... Only horror flick to ever do so. Everything else is too much about the shock value. They bore me more than not... Or involve other things that disturb me. (Like "The Hills Have Eyes" with the rape bit...)
ImageImage
ShadeC4
I live my life as I feel

Postby Transypoo » Sat Nov 22, 2008 12:33 am

I wasn't snapping at you Doc, it's just that I seem to be the only person who bothers. I had a teacher (A Scifi/Fantasy teacher mind you) refer to him as "Shyma-mna-mna-mna" as when I corrected him, he and the entire class stared at me in AWE as if I had pulled a live shark outta my butt. My teacher then asked me to repeat "Shyamalan" He tryed once and then said 'whatever' and continued to call him "Shyamn-mna-mna" for the rest of the class. So, it just kinda irks me.

I like horror movies, it's slasher movies I don't like.

I found the Blare witch to be boring. An I really did like The Happening. But my favorite horror movie has to be Alien. Then Psycho, then The Shinning.
Transypoo
It's fine. It's fine!

PreviousNext

Return to The Theater