TV Movie News 1/08

Post about your favorite movies and shows here!

Postby ShadeC4 » Mon Aug 24, 2009 1:41 pm

Ehh, I wouldn't say the new Zeon is so much a threat in ZZ, as much as just something they deal with between personal spats. Even though they cause most of those spats amongst the "hero cast" (i.e. by capturing Judau's sister), the show is basically like watching some drama series about high school. Except it's in space, there are mecha, and there is an actual war. But the war really does feel more like it takes a back seat to the childish dramas...

Anyways, as much as I don't want you to see it, I know you will anyways. But don't come crying to me if it ends up where you don't like it. Camille does make an appearance, at least, and even interacts (sort of...). But, yeah. I have even forgotten so much of it that I don't really recall what happens to the new Zeon... But I do know that you can go to Char's Counterattack without having seen Zeta or ZZ. Heck, you can even avoid it with the Zeta movie as C'sCC really is that stand alone.

I do know what you mean by the whole continuity thing, though. I mean, I put myself through ZZ, even though within the first 10 or so eps I knew I didn't like it so much. I think it is actually the most unrecommended UC era series ever, if not most unrecommended Gundam series ever. The only reason *to* see it is the continuity. I mean, that's my main reason for wanting to see the Zeta movie (which I still haven't seen). After ZZ, though, that want is almost equally fueled by a desire to see ZZ retconned out - even if it gets rid of Zeta (which I actually liked, save for the ending).

Something I don't recommend doing (and something you can't do as you already watched it out of order. :P ) is seeing C'sCC right after having watched ZZ. You just pick out and nitpick on all of the drama stuff in it, ruining the experience. I think that might be avoided by seeing C'sCC before seeing Zeta, so you may be able to view them in canonical order... But I'd still rather avoid it, personally. Reminds me that I have to watch C'sCC again now that it's been some time since I saw ZZ. (Though I will most likely wait till my memories of such have cooled down again. This chatting about it has riled me up again. ;x: )

So, anyways, yeah. See ZZ, but be aware of the sheer amount of stupidity and drama in it. I'd like to know what you thought/think of it either way, but I'm interested on the "if you like it" scenario. I've never once seen a review from someone who actually liked ZZ... I think the most I got was some teenager grade raving about how awesome it is, which was less than a few sentences as it was in a chat room I was in, and I quickly swatted the person for spouting bulls***. ;x: But that memory is easily just one of several my imagination has come up with to fill the several missing pages and all in my past.

(Note: You can tell I have a great dislike of ZZ due to the severely lengthy posts I make regarding such. :laughing::;: )
ImageImage
ShadeC4
I live my life as I feel

Postby Skids » Mon Aug 31, 2009 2:15 pm

So, uh, Disney bought Marvel today.
http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page ... e&id=22747
Skids
You are my friend, aren't you?

Postby ShadeC4 » Mon Aug 31, 2009 6:26 pm

Hmm... I see potential for great folly here, but looking at things like "Fireball" and all the Pixar stuff, I can't help but think that Disney knows better than to try and amalgamate everything. I'm pretty certain that there will be crossover comics, shows, toys (i.e. Spider-Mickey) and such, but I don't think that will be a primary focus. Something I do hope, though, is that they don't go and do a Marvel crossover version of Kingdom Hearts... Or just another Kingdom Hearts game, but with Marvel characters thrown in. I know it would be widely popular due to what happened to Kingdom Hearts, I just don't want it to be popular. I don't want it to ever happen. ;x: But my guesses are that it will inevitably happen... It's just a matter of when and how. :-_-:
ImageImage
ShadeC4
I live my life as I feel

Postby Skids » Wed Sep 02, 2009 8:21 am

I read that one of Disney's intents was to expand their character library to include characters who appealed to boys over the age of six. XD

I'm not too worried, though, re: content control; they let PIXAR pretty much do their thing, and heck, they own Miramax; most all of their movies are targeted to adult viewers.
Skids

Postby ShadeC4 » Wed Sep 02, 2009 6:30 pm

Pretty much what I said... My only worry being KH Marvel style.
ImageImage
ShadeC4
I live my life as I feel

Postby Transypoo » Wed Sep 02, 2009 8:51 pm

Yeah... no kidding...
Transypoo
It's fine. It's fine!

Postby Matrix3 » Wed Sep 02, 2009 10:01 pm

In case you were woundering I am still around just have not had much to say or report. Any how in the style of the Animatrix and the Batman anime shorts here's a trailer to Halo Legends:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jRXe6Utdtvs

If you do not know what's halo is and you been living under a rock here's a link to help you: http://halo.wikia.com/wiki/The_Halo_Universe

Also althought I have not heard nothing about the Terminator one in the article that it was mentioned in did say it would come out some time in 2009 so it may be more info later this year about it.
Matrix3
Lord of the Wanderers

Postby ShadeC4 » Wed Sep 02, 2009 10:15 pm

Sweet...
ImageImage
ShadeC4
I live my life as I feel

Postby Skids » Thu Sep 24, 2009 9:47 am

Will Michael Bay direct? You remember such beloved dolls as tank driver Barbie, airforce pilot Barbie, commando Barbie...wait....

Universal Pictures has added Barbie to its star stable.

The studio has made a deal with Mattel to build a live action film around its signature toy line. Studios are placing a premium on building films around well-known concepts. Universal brass feels it has landed the queen of globally branded toy figures.

Laurence Mark will produce.

According to Mattel, the 50-year old Barbie has 99% worldwide brand awareness, is the number one girls property in the toy industry, the top doll property in the U.S. and the number one worldwide property in the traditional toy industry.

“Barbie is the most famous doll in history, a unique cultural icon in the world of brands,” said Universal Pictures chairman Marc Shmuger. “So many representations of Barbie frequent pop culture, but never before has she been brought to life in a motion picture. We’re grateful to Mattel for entrusting us with this extraordinary opportunity.”

Mark said the next step will be to canvas writers and decide a creative take for a family-friendly movie. Mark, who just produced “Julie & Julia” and is currently in production on the untitled James L. Brooks-directed comedy that stars Reese Witherspoon and Jack Nicholson, was one of several A-list producers who met with Mattel and U execs. Mark said he felt fortunate to get the job and said there is no shortage of plot possibilities, since Barbie has held more than 120 jobs over the years.

“Barbie may be the most popular girl in the world, and has always been a wonderfully aspirational figure, so we must do her proud,” Mark said.

The executive producers are Barbie general manager and Mattel senior veep Richard Dickson, and Rob Hudnut, who is vice president of Entertainment for Barbie. The brand managers will clearly be hands on in determining how Mattel's star asset translates to the screen.
Skids

Postby Transypoo » Thu Sep 24, 2009 11:06 am

Barbie (50), the most wealthy and powerful woman in the world, having been president, an astronaut, head of a multinational corporation, etc, etc, etc, and roll model to thousands of little girls every where suddenly realizes that she really has nothing when Ken breaks up with her after 30 year of marriage to be with his "friend" Stephen. She then go on a quest of self-discovery and renewal. So, she gets herself a 20-something boyfriend, Blane, and finally admits that all her "sisters" are really her daughters and that she's been living a lie and runs off to Australia with Blane and leaves her corporation with Skipper (30) and lives happily ever after.
Transypoo
It's fine. It's fine!

Postby ShadeC4 » Thu Sep 24, 2009 7:11 pm

... What Acey said. :glanceright::;:
ImageImage
ShadeC4
I live my life as I feel

Postby Skids » Tue Oct 20, 2009 10:39 am

Hasbro’s CEO Brian Goldner today during a company earnings conference call made hint to the possibility that G.I. Joe, Transformers and My Little Pony could be returning to television in 2010. Goldner stated that they planned to have television support for these three properties along with Star Wars: The Clone Wars and a number of Marvel related projects, and that they plan to reveal more details about these projects at their Hasbro Investor Day.

Having a regular Joe cartoon would be great!
Skids

Postby Transypoo » Tue Oct 20, 2009 11:08 am

Transformers, Transformers G2, Beast Wars, Beast Machines, RID, Armada, Energon, Cybertron, Animated.

MY Little Pony old,My Little Pony new.

G.I.Joe Real American Heros, Sigma 6, Resolute (those that was more of a movie)

So, really Sigma 6 was the last kid oriented Joe Show, Transformers has never really been off the air for long, and MLP has just made a come back. (God, cartoons need villains.)
Transypoo
It's fine. It's fine!

Postby Skids » Tue Oct 20, 2009 2:02 pm

I think he meant it more 'Returning to television for this year', probably. Although Joe hasn't had a consistent presence since 1992, when the last new episodes aired (If I remember right...I kept waiting for new stories after that, but they never made 'em.). Sigma Six was a pretty self-contained thing like the different UT seasons of Transformers.
Skids

Postby ShadeC4 » Tue Oct 20, 2009 8:24 pm

Transypoo wrote:and MLP has just made a come back. (God, cartoons need villains.)

You mean like this?
ImageImage
ShadeC4
I live my life as I feel

PreviousNext

Return to The Theater