Transformers Animated: Animated is NOT DEAD!

Post about your favorite movies and shows here!

Postby Transypoo » Thu May 07, 2009 8:26 pm

Well, maybe their brain monitoring device will pick up my brain waves again...
Transypoo
It's fine. It's fine!

Postby ShadeC4 » Thu May 07, 2009 8:37 pm

I wonder how much dead air they get from me...
ImageImage
ShadeC4
I live my life as I feel

Postby Beastbot » Thu May 07, 2009 9:57 pm

Skids wrote:I was mainly just venting at a few drama queen/end-of-the-world-type people whose posts I had seen. It's fine to be upset about Animated, but they were adopting the attitude that there was now NOTHING to be excited about in TFs, which I think is a self-defeating way of looking at things.
:smile:

Well, I understand that POV to a certain extent. I mean, you'd have been hard-pressed to find someone who loved the first TF movie more than I did. Loved the designs, thought it was pretty much the prefect aesthetic for TFs, still do for the most part.

However, I have to admit that the likely cancellation of Animated-- due in large part to the movie's unexpected runaway-hit success-- has honestly soured my attitude towards TF2 a bit. Normally I'd be "OMG OMG CAN'T WAIT!" right now, but I'm honestly just sort of "Looks really cool, but could you come back in 2011?". Don't get me wrong, I understand why Hasbro's doing it... But you just can't get the plot arcs and characterization in a movie that you can get in a TV series, and Animated has those in spades. Plus they use the Transformers vernacular and established mythos flawlessly. I find myself more critical of some stuff from the movie, like Jetfire's one line of "Wretched rust in my arse". Haha, yes, you can say "ass" because it's PG-13, but Transformers don't have asses, they have skidplates. Just small stuff like that, where it's not quite as immersive. I mean, they put in little stuff like "lubricants", but I doubt we'll get golden lines like "Those bureaucratobots couldn't find their own diodes with a bitmap and a homing beacon" or "Quit standing there with your pistons in your servos!" And NO ONE has been able to pull off Transformers comedy better than the Animated writers.

Oh, and no Sari. That probably miffs me more than anything else, that we have the most interesting human sidekick character at least a hundred times over now, but we'll probably never find out the ultimate culmination of her purpose. I hope we get a direct-to-DVD ending to the series or something, at least.

P.S. I know I haven't been around here much lately, sorry about that. Got distracted these past few months by some tough school stuff going IRL. I'll try to stop by here more often.
Last updated July 14th
Current Transformers Total: 4,192
Beastbot
Slimy yet Satisfying

Postby Skids » Fri May 08, 2009 8:31 am

To narrow my annoyance range down even further, the guys that got under my skin were all "See, I told you it was ending!!!" types; they'd been "calling" it since way before we had any concrete facts, and then seemed to want to talk endlessly about how right they'd been, now that the depressing truth came out. The obnoxious few, but sadly, those types have the loudest voices, often.

I'm apparently easily distracted, though; my initial reaction was, "Awww, man, Animated ending...?". Then I saw some TF2 trailers, and switched over to "Yeah, Movie, WHOOO!!!"

This is nothing new to me. My reaction in 1987: "Prime...dead...?" *sniff* *Later in the Movie* "WHOOOOO, Rodimus, awesome!"

Oh, I'm such a fickle, fickle child of the consumerist 80's. :smile:

I would like Animated to continue, though; I think I described it, perhaps too harshly toward G1, as the G1 cartoon, only good. Any show that can throw cameos as obscure as these at me...well, Mr. Wyatt has earned my respect for knowing of TF's even I'M barely familiar with (And I like my trivia).

Although to be fair, I've been psyched for TF2 since before Animated came out, which is unusual for me...typically I don't get excited about one line until the next one ends. This one just happens to bring together my two favorite things in TFs: realism and freaky alien designs.

Transypoo can tell you I drew twisted techno-organic creations for years, like Beastformers with zombie-like designs, creatures that look like Movie Ravage (Ravage is totally a Chaotic!), etc. It's fun to finally see my personal aesthetic tastes come to life in a TF line. (This also happened with the much too short-lived Transmetal 2s.)

Animated also warred with Classics for my affections. Hasbro really needs to just give me one line at a time, or I'm torn between two lovers.
Skids
You are my friend, aren't you?

Postby ShadeC4 » Sat May 09, 2009 12:57 am

... Soon to be 3 lovers. ;x:
ImageImage
ShadeC4
I live my life as I feel

Postby Skids » Fri May 22, 2009 1:14 pm

By way of comparison, Beastbot, this is the type of jerky guy I was complaining about Animated ending. Real extremos...

WHO NEEDS A CARTOON WHEN YOU HAVE A MOVIE!!!

MOVIE MOVIE MOVIE MOVIE MOVIE MOVIE MOVIE MOVIE MOVIE MOVIE MOVIE MOVIE MOVIE MOVIE MOVIE MOVIE MOVIE MOVIE MOVIE MOVIE MOVIE MOVIE MOVIE MOVIE MOVIE MOVIE MOVIE MOVIE MOVIE MOVIE MOVIE MOVIE MOVIE MOVIE MOVIE MOVIE MOVIE MOVIE MOVIE MOVIE MOVIE MOVIE MOVIE MOVIE MOVIE MOVIE MOVIE MOVIE MOVIE MOVIE MOVIE MOVIE MOVIE MOVIE MOVIE MOVIE MOVIE MOVIE MOVIE MOVIE MOVIE MOVIE MOVIE MOVIE MOVIE MOVIE MOVIE MOVIE MOVIE MOVIE MOVIE MOVIE MOVIE MOVIE MOVIE MOVIE MOVIE MOVIE MOVIE MOVIE MOVIE MOVIE MOVIE MOVIE MOVIE MOVIE MOVIE MOVIE MOVIE MOVIE MOVIE MOVIE MOVIE MOVIE MOVIE MOVIE MOVIE MOVIE MOVIE MOVIE MOVIE MOVIE MOVIE MOVIE MOVIE MOVIE MOVIE MOVIE MOVIE MOVIE MOVIE MOVIE MOVIE MOVIE MOVIE MOVIE MOVIE MOVIE MOVIE MOVIE MOVIE MOVIE MOVIE MOVIE MOVIE MOVIE MOVIE MOVIE MOVIE MOVIE MOVIE MOVIE MOVIE MOVIE MOVIE MOVIE MOVIE

YOU KNOW THOSE TOYS YOU BOUGHT LAST YEAR? HERE'S NEW AND BETTER VERSIONS OF THEM! MIGHT AS WELL THROW AWAY THE OLD ONES! WE'RE FOLLOWING THE APPLE TRADITION! NOW YOU KNOW THAT NEW ROTF VERSION OF A GUY FROM LAST YEAR'S MOVIE THAT YOU BOUGHT 10 SECONDS AGO AT THE CLUB STORE? GO AHEAD AND THROW IT AWAY BECAUSE HERE'S THE PREMIUM EDITION!

MOVIE!!!!!

I pointed out to him that those of us who were looking forward to Transtech are finally getting our due through the alien Movie designs, and that since he got most of the Animated line, whereas we didn't get either Transtech or even the full Beast Machines line...we win in the "deserving of pity when it comes to lines being canceled" department. Of course, this was only a response motivated by his obnoxiousness. :evil2:
Skids

Postby ShadeC4 » Fri May 22, 2009 1:26 pm

*shrugs* I'm still picky as I will ever be, kitbashing being my first and foremost drive behind what I will and will not buy. (It doesn't matter the line, so long as it fits in with my customization goals.)

As for watching stuff... Well, as us who are frequent around here know, I don't like that Animated is ending, but I'm loving RotF. And I can live with Animated ending... Don't want it and will fight when and where I can to keep it going, but, if it ends, so be it. There's still a ton more awesome things out there...
ImageImage
ShadeC4
I live my life as I feel

Postby Transypoo » Fri May 22, 2009 3:28 pm

Why can't we all just love animated AND the movie!

Besides, it's not like a Transformers series has ever been canceled before it time.
Transypoo
It's fine. It's fine!

Postby ShadeC4 » Fri May 22, 2009 5:57 pm

Yeah, and hopefully, if it does end at season 3, they don't leave a cliffhanger or more (or at least ones we can live with not having definite answers to).
ImageImage
ShadeC4
I live my life as I feel

Postby Skids » Fri May 22, 2009 9:40 pm

...cliffhanger...?

*shoots laser eyes at whoever thought ending Reboot (the "movies" that followed season 3) on an awesome cliffhanger was a good idea*

I mean, c'mon, they'd already had a good conclusion with the musical at the end of season 3...if they were going to bring it back, at least wrap it UP again....
Skids

Postby ShadeC4 » Sat May 23, 2009 11:19 am

They were gonna wrap it up again. But something happened... Either it just got canceled, or funds went, or something. (It's old info that was on the Wiki page, which has since been edited.)

However, there is NEW info in regards to that. I.e. A comic book series and actual theatrical film coming to finish it off. That's right, your complaints are null. ;p If you had kept up with the info, you might have known beforehand that it IS getting an ending... :smile2: </lame attempt to immitate Enzo when he was boasting about not fearing Megabyte, right before he got frightened by Megabyte and said "Bail!">

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ReBoot#Revival <-- Read through that, as well as the "Film Trilogy" part that immediately follows.

Apparently, the comic book (series) and film(s) is/are going to be taking different directions from each other, though. So you'll get a different ending depending on which one you view. I'll most likely end up seeing the movie, but I may read the comic, too... All depends on when they are actually released, though.

And, no, I don't agree that Reboot ended on a good cliffhanger. There was far too much going on that needed to be wrapped up imo.
ImageImage
ShadeC4
I live my life as I feel

Postby ShadeC4 » Sat May 23, 2009 1:42 pm

Whoa... I just saw all of End Game (final 2 parter episode(s)). O.o It was... AMAzing. There were some cliffhangers at the end (i.e. the Dinobots never had any interaction, Megatron's other cronies are still at large, Femmescream is still at large...), but it was so brilliant. Also: <Hot Rod>The Matrix...</Hot Rod>

Mannnnn... Everyone gonna FLIIIIIP after seeing that all. :snh: (Am I correct in thinking that part 2 was leaked early?) But, yeah. I do hope that CN carries it on. ;x: Still unanswered questions...
ImageImage
ShadeC4
I live my life as I feel

Postby Skids » Fri May 29, 2009 12:46 pm

Well, Hasbro has announced that Animated is officially over.

Y'know, maybe the rumors weren't such a bad thing; if they'd just suddenly announced this, there'd be a lot more shock/outrage.
Skids

Postby ShadeC4 » Fri May 29, 2009 1:32 pm

Now that you mention that, it does make sense to more release it as a rumor initially. That way everyone gets ready for it, whether they want to or not. So then, when the final word comes down, it's more acceptable.

Now we get RotF, and then we wait and see what the new series is like... Hopefully it makes up for canceling Animated.
ImageImage
ShadeC4
I live my life as I feel

Postby Skids » Fri May 29, 2009 3:04 pm

I hope the lesson they learned isn't "Animated ended! This must mean the fans don't want good shows!" :smile:
Skids

PreviousNext

Return to The Theater