Postby Skids » Sat Jul 11, 2015 8:41 am

Here we go!

Titan Wars is going to ROCK!
http://tformers.com/first-image-of-tita ... /news.html
Skids
You are my friend, aren't you?

Re: Transformers Toy Topic 4G

Postby Transypoo » Sat Jul 11, 2015 11:19 am

Ooohh, nice! I do wonder about the "Titan" aspect. Are the going to be normal-to-large guys with mini-bots or are they going to be large-to-huge guys with mini-bots.

Still, it'll be fun to build a city out of these goys at some point. ... where's TFDoc when you need him?
Transypoo
It's fine. It's fine!

Postby Skids » Sat Jul 11, 2015 11:31 am

I think at least Voyager class if not (actually, probably)Leader Class. I expect them to run along Combiner Wars, filling the non-Combiner price points like Legend (shared w. CW), Leader, Titan ('natch!).

There is a rumored PM Prime, too...

This is the perfect time to unleash Overlord!
Skids

Postby Beastbot » Sat Jul 11, 2015 2:28 pm

I have to say, even though Generations is a more "collector-oriented" line, it's obviously still made so kids can play with it, unlike Masterpiece figures--- and thus even though I knew this was coming, I'm really surprised Hasbro is releasing a toy with an unapologetic '80s cassette player mode.

Yeah, I was gonna say Voyager too, until I remembered how small Leaders have gotten the past few years.
Last updated March 5th
Current Transformers Total: 4,549
Beastbot
Slimy yet Satisfying

Postby Transypoo » Sun Jul 12, 2015 4:46 pm

Wow, hadn't even noticed this was a new topic. Shows you how much I pay attention.

In any case, I was thinking about Victorion's colors in conjunction to previous combiner's colors. Well, Scramblecity types for the most part.

-Devastator has a very strict color scheme, Lime Green and Purple with Black and Silver as accent colors.

-Bruticus is a crazy hodgepodge each member with his own scheme. The only color they seem to share is purple as a tertiary color, except for Brawl. Their combiner extras are silver.

-Defensor is all about the red, white, and blue, with back. Blue in the center, white on the extremities, with red tones there. The Black is used for the combiner parts.

-Menasor is another hodgepodge guy. Even the combiner parts are not all the same color, black and purple. Maroon, Yellow, White, Blue, Red, Gray, Silver... he all over the place.

-Superion is all about the Red, White, and Black, with Gold accents. Each limb is it's own color but all have aspects of the over reaching theme.

-Abominus is, as he should be, a crazy colored one. Again, nothing matches. (This guy needs to be in Combiner Wars, like NOW.)

-Computron almakes me think of rust. One of the ones with a fixed scheme. Red, Maroon, Brown, Orange, White. Not everybody had the same colors, but they all match.

-Piranacon: Magenta, Cyan, Lavender, and Teal with Black, Gray,and blue accents. (plus that one dash of purple they fixed later! :smile2: )

-God Neptune: White, Metallic Green, Copper, Silver, and Gold. Very cohesive.

ETC...

-Victorion is Red and Teal, with Black and Silver accents.

I think the problem here, is not the cohesiveness, but the lack of color variation. She/they need one or two more accent colors.

That being said, I was looking at just now, and I really like it.
Transypoo
It's fine. It's fine!

Postby Skids » Mon Jul 13, 2015 5:47 am

That's interesting. I notice:

1. All of the Bot combiners have cohesive color schemes.
2. All of the Con combiners have variegated color schemes EXCEPT Predaking, Piranacon, Devastator, and God Neptune, the former two of whom (Predaking and Piranacon) are considered the most successfully integrated Con-biners. (Seriously, Snaptrap has to set an internal timer, or Piranacon will just stay combined forever).Devastator is also a fairly stable fusion, just lumbering and slow, but not mentally tormented.
Skids

Postby Transypoo » Mon Jul 13, 2015 1:05 pm

Maybe the issue with combiner tech is that you need like-minded individuals to attain a proper fusion. The Decepicons, or rather the Constructicons invented the technology, but they were already a cohesive group. Once the cons saw the power of Devistator they started grabbing bots with similar alts and forcing them to become one. While, when the Autobots for the tech they figured out the like-mind issue and started doing psych profiles and forming groups that way. The Cons then figured out how the Bots' combiners weren't going insane, and did the profiling thing too, and did a MUCH better job at it.

Victorion, in a way is the Bots finding that level if connection in their ranks too.
Transypoo
It's fine. It's fine!

Postby Beastbot » Tue Jul 21, 2015 2:22 pm

The sixth TFSS 3.0 figure: Impactor, now with a GOOD combining figure as its base (Rook), and new head sculpt!

https://twitter.com/The_TF_Club/status/623583728208596993/photo/1

I LOVE how they used that mold's weapon-adding ability to give Impactor his "weapon arm" without needing to remold it. Ingenious.
Last updated March 5th
Beastbot
Slimy yet Satisfying

Postby Beastbot » Thu Jul 30, 2015 2:52 pm

The TFCC has the two crossover exclusives for sale!

http://www.seibertron.com/transformers/news/marissa-faireborn-afterbreaker-and-old-snake-stealth-bats-in-the-club-store-now/33608/

Picked myself up a Old Snake/B.A.T. set. A little more expensive than I would've thought, given that the two Soundwaves are identical ($79), but still an okay price, I guess. (Marissa & Afterburner are $42.)
Last updated March 5th
Beastbot
Slimy yet Satisfying

Postby Skids » Fri Jul 31, 2015 9:36 pm

I got the Old Snake pack. Did not get Marissa as I preferred to get a Joe vehicle the GIJCC put up for sale yesterday (I have that Joe cycle they used for Afterburner and it's not great...)
Skids

Postby Beastbot » Sun Aug 02, 2015 6:36 pm

The next TFSS 3.0 figure is starting to arrive-- it's Serpent O.R.!

http://www.allspark.com/2015/08/transformers-figure-subscription-service-3-0-tfss-3-0-figure-3-now-arriving/

Well, there goes my prediction accuracy (I thought Krok would be next, Serpent O.R. fourth). Bah. Makes sense with the other GIJOE crossover exclusives shipping out now, though.
Last updated March 5th
Beastbot
Slimy yet Satisfying

Postby Skids » Mon Aug 17, 2015 5:36 am

http://www.allspark.com/forums/uploads/ ... 813639.jpg
They fixed Ruckus.

This http://www.allspark.com/forums/uploads/ ... 813638.jpg did not read as the character and was sticking in my craw. Much happier now!

Sure--the vehicle mode is ugly, but the two-tonedness is at least
G1-accurate! I will trade an ugly vm for a good bot mode.

(Fully admits that Ruckus-accuracy is low on even most G1 fans' priorities list.)

I just wish we were also getting Crankcase from First Aid; the mystery bot is supposedly a 'Bot!
Skids

Postby Transypoo » Mon Aug 17, 2015 10:57 am

Actually, the vehicle mode looks fine. Same coloration as the original...

And:

"Ruckus nearly got a new Generations toy as one the Combiner Wars Stunticons; however, name unavailability and doubt as to whether he actually made sense as a member of that team led to the toy getting a new deco and identity as Offroad.[2] Whilst the final toy transforms into a relatively straightforward pickup truck, early design sketches suggest that buggy-type vehicles, closer to Ruckus's alt mode, were intially considered."

Huh.
Transypoo
It's fine. It's fine!

Postby Skids » Mon Aug 17, 2015 11:55 am

It does look better on second glance. I think seeing the G1 color breakdown mapped onto a different vehicle was actually what was throwing me. I googled it to check against the original and it made sense. The jagged teal "lightning bolt" (looking detail) that follows the sculpted contours of the side of the truck is nice.
Skids

Postby Skids » Mon Aug 17, 2015 12:05 pm

Skids

Next

Return to The Toy Shop